TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

Some New Tracks:

114: Just Because - Jane's Addiction

128: Vertigo - U2

129: Wheel In The Sky - Journey

130: Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who

710: Painkiller - Judas Priest

711: Paranoid - Black Sabbath

715: Wake Up Dead - Megadeth

And "Diary of Jane" is by the band Breaking Benjamin, you may want to change that around as all the others are [song - Artist]

HRRR didn't open until about 2 hours after the park did today, though they continuously tested the ride until it opened. Anyways I got on the ride three times today. The first time I rode in the third row and found the ride to be enjoyable but incredibly rough at times. The second time I rode in the second to last row, the third time in the second row, and I found both of those rides to be completely awesome! The coaster IMO has great airtime on the non-inverting loop, each of the block brakes, the airtime hills, and (depending on where you sit) the first drop.

The speakers were great, I could hear my music loud and clear without being disrupted by anyone elses songs. What I found to be interesting though was that you could have a conversation with the person next to you, hear them fine, and not hear their music.

One of the trains LEDs were not working, and another train had a seat covered up (I am assuming the seats computer wasn't working).

Continuously throughout the day a train would get stuck on the final break run (right at the very end of it) causing the whole ride to shut down (for only a minute or two) and the mechanics would have to reset something at the beginning of the brake section. I saw this happen probably three times today so that's what I am assuming held the ride from opening on time.

All in all I think that the ride is awesome and it's probably my favorite coaster in Orlando. I just hope Universal will get the moving walkway up an running to shorten the wait time.

I got to ride it twice today. I understand that today the coaster opened with the park. We got there at around 11am to find that they were operating the ride with four trains. We waited about 75 minutes for our first ride. It would have been a little shorter, but there was a 30 minute delay do to a train getting stuck on the brake run right before the section that heads outside the park (This required an evacuation). This was an on-going problem during the day, but after much practice, they seemed to be able to fix this problem in about 10 minutes.

As for the ride itself, I thought it was quite fun. We only sat in the recommended rows, which are row 1 and 2, so the ride was quite fast and smooth. The non-inverting loop and the section by the firehouse were certainly the highlights of the ride. In the front rows you do get some nice pops of airtime when you enter the brake runs. Andrew rode in row 3 during our second ride which he said had quite a bit of a shuffling rattle throughout the ride. So I will say that when you guys do ride, try out row 1 or 2 first to make sure you do get at least one smooth ride.

I was really impressed with the sound system. Like everyone says, the music is really clear while you are riding. Plus, you can not hear the music come from any other seat. I did not recognize the two tracks I picked from. I tried 702 hoping it was going to be a Metallica song (that was the rumor), but it was not. I have no idea what it was. I also tried 704 which turned out to be some dance music type song, which I never heard of before either. I am wondering if they have been messing around with the hidden song list already.

I think I'll be waiting for when the regular line gets shorter and doing row 1 only. That's the only row I seem to have any fun in. The other rows are pretty miserable. Row 3 is the worst, the seat is bigger so if you're a little thing like me you really get jerked around. Plus they seem to have a coaster that is much rougher than others as I rode that a couple times and never experienced jerking quite like that compared to the numerous other times I rode.

and 704 is supposed to be this -

^ I am pretty sure I typed #704 for the second ride, but it was not that song. I might actually put in #703. Whatever it was, it was not a Metal/Rock song. Ack, my bad memory. I really think that someone may be messing with the song list already.

EDIT: Though it is possible that I ended up getting something random because I had very little time to choose a song on my second trip.

my god i have never heard so many people complain about a small car riding on a track being rough. it is a roller coaster. It isnt supposed to be super smooth. I have NEVER ridden a ride that was so rough that I had to even mention it. I have only been hurt on one ride and that was Drachen Fire. If you hold on to the bars and brace yourself, you will be fine but what do u people expect when you hold your hands up and a coaster changes direction abruptly.

I am sure the ride is wonderful for a person who understands that it is a coaster and not like the park gave u wings and you are floating in air willy nilly.

EDIT: Though it is possible that I ended up getting something random because I had very little time to choose a song on my second trip.

Did you get a message saying "You will not be able to purchase the video for this song" or something along those lines? That will come up if you correctly enter a bonus track.

^^^You pretty much only post to bitch about people complaining about rough rides. Maybe you just like rough rides.

Some roller coasters are rough and don't need to be. Plenty are fun and glass smooth.

Stop complaining and just deal with people's opinions.

Oh and next time edit instead of double posting, thanks!

I was down at Universal for the past few days and got 3 rides on Rockit. The roughness of your ride completely depends on your car/train.

The first of my rides (car 1, row 2) was utterly miserable and was comparably rough to a wooden coaster. It was jerky and shaky and actually caused physical pain after the non-inverting loop. My second ride was a little better but still rough (car 2, row 3...very back), I was at least able to enjoy myself and get some airtime off a few of the drops. No pain, but still far from being a smooth ride. My final ride was actually fantastic. I sat very front row and the ride itself was extremely smooth, about the same as a B&M Hyper. This shocked me considering my previous two experiences. Not really sure why there is such differences between trains and even individual cars, but there certainly is.

Once they get all the cars performing as on my last ride, this ride will be great and enjoyed by everyone who gives it a try.

Hi!

It's the first time i'm gonna go and i have no idea. On Halloween Horror Nights it's forbidden record or take photos inside the mazes, is there any way for record it?? if the actors catch me recording will they say something? I will go to theme park 15 october, closes at 5 p.m. but is it re-open at 6:30 p.m. for the event or the people with the event tickets stays inside the theme park after 5 p.m.??

Thank you!

Based upon my past experiences at HHN, photography or video recording is strictly prohibited and enforced by staff that is placed throughout the maze. If they see that you are carrying a camera as you walk into the maze, they will tell you to put it up. This same rule applies for the Bill & Ted show. However, you are allowed to take photos and record in the streets.

Also, if you are going to be at the park during the day, Universal Studios has specific "holding areas" where you can go and present your HHN ticket and they will allow you to stay there for about an hour. I take advantage of this every year because they usually open up the mazes to us about 30 minutes prior to park opening. With this advantage, you can get most of the mazes done before the crowds get to them. Hope this helps!

-Robby