TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 624 - New Epic Universe details, including Isle of Berk!

HRRR didn't open till 6 today. When it did I was Extremely

Dissapointed in NO Express Pass line OR singles Rider Line!

I Paid Hundreds for a Premier Pass which after 4 is Express!

My Pass is about to expire-I think I will not renew!

The ride was pretty good-I was in the back & I didn't think

it was rough-Awesome to rock out to your picked songs.

HRRR didn't open till 6 today. When it did I was Extremely

Dissapointed in NO Express Pass line OR singles Rider Line!

I Paid Hundreds for a Premier Pass which after 4 is Express!

My Pass is about to expire-I think I will not renew!

The ride was pretty good-I was in the back & I didn't think

it was rough-Awesome to rock out to your picked songs.

No offense, but I think you need to cut them a bit more slack. IMO, it sounds like they are doing the best they can with a lot of issues left to sort out.

Just be happy the ride is actually open and accepting riders now.

I just don't get it...

The ride is closed, people complain.

The ride is open, people complain.

--Robb

Went along to Universal this afternoon in hope of riding it, arrived to a closed ride, staff were telling us it was unlikely that the ride would open today, however could see constant work being carried out and testing so decided to hang around the area. After about 30 minutes it opened! Hurrah! Got on the ride within 5 minutes of it opening so not too long at all. The ride itself - sat in the back row of the 2nd train - BUMPY! When going over the crowd surf you could physically feel the train shaking from side to side, yet when I re-rode it in the middle row, it was smooth as glass. Amazing. Music was loud, but couldn't hear anyone elses, or anyone else screaming! Ride is a LOT more forceful then what I expected, especially the citywalk finale. All in all, it has been worth the wait, definitely a great addition to Universal!

^ Yeah I seen that on the paper as well. Also according to this article by the Orlando Sentinel, Universal already officially opened HRRR.

Just four days after launching a soft opening of its long-delayed but highly anticipated roller coaster, Universal Orlando on Wednesday declared Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit officially open to all guests.

The resort said it decided to formally open the $45 million Universal Studios Florida attraction after surveys of guests during the brief "technical rehearsal" turned up glowing reviews. Billed as the state's most technologically advanced coaster, Rockit allows riders to listen to customized soundtracks as they hurtle around the track at speeds of as much as 65 mph.

"We moved to the official opening of the attraction when we did because we listened to our guests, who are clearly enjoying this ride," spokesman Tom Schroder said.

www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/orl-bk-universal-rockit-opening-081909,0,7930032.story

On another topic, the reason why I think we hear a lot of cheering and yelling while guests are exiting the platform down the stairs is because they are being encouraged by the employees.

After me and my friends rode it, as we walked down the stairs, all of the employees down there looked at us and started clapping and cheering trying to get us to. None of us actually did even though we all enjoyed the ride.

New tracks to add to the front page.

103 - Break on Through by The Doors

105 - Do it Again by Steely Dan

109 - Fantasy by Aldo Nova

132 - Drumbone by Blue Man Group

312 - My Everything by Barry White

508 - Pivot by Dry

701 - Cyanide by Metallica

707 - Know your Enemy? by Rage Against the Machine

904 - Night on Bald Mountain by Modest Mussorgsky

ERik -Our Friday Newspaper Officially Announced NOW OPEN !!!

Totaly Huge Ad!

Even if it is now officially open, that is why there is a disclaimer attached to your ticket/annual pass that says something like "ride availability subject to change."

Very rarely does a major attraction open anywhere without having a difficult first summer.

New tracks to add to the front page.

103 - Break on Through by The Doors

105 - Do it Again by Steely Dan

109 - Fantasy by Aldo Nova

132 - Drumbone by Blue Man Group

312 - My Everything by Barry White

508 - Pivot by Dry

701 - Cyanide by Metallica

707 - Know your Enemy? by Rage Against the Machine

904 - Night on Bald Mountain by Modest Mussorgsky

Thank you! Updated!

--Robb

^ The ride is not officially open yet, it is still in soft opening phase. Once it does, your Premier Pass will work as an express pass like normal, after 4pm that is.

Ask any TM at the park and they will tell you the ride is "100 percent open." I saw several commercials last night and this morning saying the ride is officially open as well. The Technical Rehearsal signs are no where to be found at the park anymore. Even though it's not operating at 100% it's officially open.

A TM told me the other night that the reason Express isn't open is so "everyone has the same chance to ride right now." He gave an honest answer as to when it might open. He said, "That's a question I can't answer because I have no idea."

New and fantastic tracks.

115 is Live by Lenny Kravitz

113 - Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin <---Can't wait to ride to this.

131 - Klein Mandelbrot by Blue Man Group <---Official title.

307 - Ride Like The Wind by Christopher Cross

308 - Run to You by Bryan Adams

309 - Save Room by John Legend

704 - Forever Down by Black Label Society

718 - You've Got Another Thing Coming by Judas Priest

yahoo!! another update!

SAVAGED- me thinks it is the wolfman!! (:

CLAWMARKS

Evidence that corroborates the testimony of the twin girls that “a big hairy beast with sharp claws and long fangs” went on a wild rampage inside the theater after “a laughing man threw popcorn at the screen.”

i also noticed there to be a full moon in one of the pictures in the theater 'home page'. just saying. (:

New and fantastic tracks.

115 is Live by Lenny Kravitz

113 - Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin <---Can't wait to ride to this.

131 - Klein Mandelbrot by Blue Man Group <---Official title.

307 - Ride Like The Wind by Christopher Cross

308 - Run to You by Bryan Adams

309 - Save Room by John Legend

704 - Forever Down by Black Label Society

718 - You've Got Another Thing Coming by Judas Priest

Outstanding that song gets a chance.