TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

I wasted 3 hours waiting for nothing.

Nobody forced you to wait for it.

Universal shouldnt have opened this ride yet....

Only because you didn't get to ride it.

1. No I wasn't forced to but, I'm just saying I wasted 3 hours....

2. Universal shouldn't have opened it because of all its flaws, not because I didn't get to ride it...

Wow, I thought 20 was bad for an 8x10 photo, but $40 for that god awful video is simply dumbfounding. Why the hell make half the video nothing more then computer animated runs of the ride, would it have been that hard to use real ride footage. Or how about this, um, use footage of the people on the ride. Not that it would have mattered considering part of their heads were cut off. What a complete ripoff aimed at people who have never seen on-ride video for sale before.

This defiantly makes the $12 or $15 Tony Hawk's Big Spin video at SF STL seem well worth the money.

Wow, that is one crappy video!!

I was at the park yesterday and got 2 rides in on Rockit. The sign outside the ride said it opened at 10am. I got there around 10:15 and one train was running. The single rider line was open so I hopped on that while I waited for my friends to finish up breakfast at CityWalk. They added two more trains while I waited, and the ride stopped for technical issues for about 10 minutes. It took just over an hour but I finally got on.

I thought it was a fun ride overall. I bit rough in row 5, as others have said. It feels a lot slower than I thought it would, but I think that once it gets going, it will be a nice addition to the park. It's tame enough for all ages to enjoy.

I went to get one more ride on it before we left the park and it was shut down. Waited that out about a half hour and it reopened. Got on the single rider line, which was a fairly short wait, and was put in the front row. I enjoyed it much more the second time. Much smoother, and the view from the front was very cool. Though a few trains later, the ride shut down again.

Oh, and I chose "Pump It" and "Bring Me to Life" as my song choices.

I rode it today, it opened at 10:40, which was I expecting to open late. Only had 2 trains running, same as last night (which I was on the stairs, waited 25 minutes to get there, before they closed for the night due to technical difficulties). I was actually disappointed with this ride, yes the non-inverting loop and treble clef were cool, but it was element to block to element to block. This ride had no flow in it whatsoever, hoping I just had a bad ride on it. The end was the most intense part though. Overall, I gave it a 7/10, but it got rounded up from 6.5. The music is just a gimmick, it basically takes your thought off the ride flow to the music. Mummy is the better coaster in the studios. On record, I did Eminem, Lose Yourself as my song.

Hey, again, I'm still kinda new here, and have not posted much and I thank you all for the updates, I've been trying to get to hhn's for years, and I'm finally able to go this year. I'm pretty excited, but I have no idea what to do or what to expect. I usually hit up Halloweekends at cp, but I've always heard so much about Universals HHN. So I'm very excited.

For people who have ridden it recently two questions. Does the moving walkway in the station work now, if it does what is it meant for? Also is the banner going to be put back up or is that just scrapped?

Thanks Andrew "Looking forward to riding this next year" I.

"The moving walkway exit is approaching, please watch your step."

Oops, sorry wrong walkway.

The walkway is not being used yet. It's purpose is to load you into the vehicle without stopping it, kinda like the haunted mansion etc etc.

Don't know about the banner. I think they might be coming up with a better way to hang it, I overheard a couple dudes talking about different ways to hang it one day.

To beat a dead horse, that video is appalling. I cannot believe they are selling that for $30 - rather I can't believe tons of people haven't stormed guest services after viewing their "souvenir." Why the hell don't they just show you on the ride the entire time? The animations are terrible.

I have to wonder if the park planned to film the ride with guests for TV commercials and these videos but didn't have time because of all the delays. Regardless, they should have kept the video shop closed out of respect for their patrons.

I just said in the last page that the video isn't $40.

It's $40 if you get the Rockit' Package that includes two on-ride photos and an animated e-mail.

Oops, thanks for pointing that out. I actually saw what you had written and meant to put $30.

Yeah the update was pretty lame! I do really enjoy what they are doing with the site this year, I just hate how long it is taking them.

How the website is now would be cool to view if it was the first update, not an update from the 7th week or wherever we are now!

Atleast we know what all the houses and such are, we only have to wait 5 weeks til it begins.

So, this leaves us with a tab for the Wolfman, Dracula, and Silver Scream/Universal Palace Theatre houses (if that isn't part of the big site reveal).

I will have to admit, they have kind of lost my attention with the infrequent updates. I'm anxious to hear about the scare zones, as I am still not clear what they all will be.

I went the other day and was EXTREMELY MAD. Heres why,

I ran to the ride around 10:30, the ride was closed still and the crew members had no idea what time it would open, I waited in the line which was huge! Around 12:00 PM they opened the gates and let people in the queue. I have to say the queue is quite impressive besides the chipped paint. After 5 mins waiting in line, the ride broke down but I stayed in line, 1 minute later it opened back up, about 3 minutes later it broke down AGAIN! I waited for it to start working again and it did, but wait about 6 minutes after that it broke down again! I finally left and never got to ride. I wasted 3 hours waiting for nothing. Then it rained the rest of the day so the only roller coaster I got in was Mummy and like 5 other rides. I was really disapointed for 1, I didn't get to ride, 2, I didn't get to have fun, 3, the only ride I could ride in IOA was Spiderman!! I wanted to have a fun day but it was totally ruined. Universal shouldnt have opened this ride yet....

Is it wrong that I found this to be funny?

On the topic of that on-ride video, that was plain appalling. Unbelievably bad...

I went to Universal today to try and get on HRRR for the second time this week (I went yesterday, waited in line for and hour and a half and then it started pouring and the ride closed for the rest of the day). So I got there early today, around 10, to find out that the "ride was having technical difficulties and we don't know when or if it will be opening today." I went on some other rides and came back to see if it was open, but when I got to the entrance it was still closed. So, I talked to a manager out front, and he told me that the ride was new and therefore it was expected that it would be having problems. I asked him why it took so long to open in the first place and he said that OSHA didnt want it to open without some parts and now they're having difficulties. Meanwhile there were maintenance workers all over the blocks, and a train was stuck on the lift right outside the station. I went to IOA for a while (everything had pretty short lines) and came back to the studios to see maintenance workers on the 2nd to last MCBR. I left around 2:30 so I don't know if the ride ever opened, but I doubt it. I hope Universal can fix it soon, people were NOT happy at all (especially considering the off season started today and most of the guests were locals).

On a happier note, while waiting in line on Sunday everyone coming off of the ride seemed to be thoroughly enjoying it (clapping and screaming when they got back to the station) so it appears Universal has a winner on its hands. Hopefully they can get the bugs worked out soon...

Thanks for posting about the train at the very beginning of the lift. I'm pretty sure that's the same train that shut it down last night. I guess yesterday they figured they wouldn't be able to fix whatever problem caused that quickly yesterday because they cleared everyone out around 6:40.

Supposedly the ride finally started operating again around 5:00 today