TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 623 - New Epic Universe details, including Celestial Park!

And I have no idea what 'Missing' relates to. Possibly a scarezone?

I think the give away paragraph to 'Missing' is the second one. It states:

"The overnight classic film brought a repeat group of rowdy teens into the theater every night the movie played. Throughout the run of the picture, three students in particular grew more and more rambunctious, often disrupting screenings with rude comments and horseplay. They were eventually barred from the facility by management."

That sounds like behavior for, say, Rocky Horror...

If there's anything that could match the energy and excitement of a weekend of Christian rock, it's Universal Studios®! Your favorite rides and attractions-including the brand new Hollywood Rip Ride RockitSM roller coaster-are all included in your Rock the Universe ticket, with most attractions open until 1am!

just found this on the Rock the Universe website, so hopefully it should be open in September at the latest. Dont know if anybody spotted this or not but oh well.

So the 'missing' story with the sewers could be related to 'The Spawning'.

This appears to be correct. The sewers connect the theatre to the butcher shop. Someone is killing people in the theatre and then using the sewers to take their bodies to the butcher shop and making concession food out of them.

I love how it appears we will have three houses with backgrounds that are so intertwined. I am still not sure what the Spawning house will be like. It is pretty clear that we will be going through sewers but what is spawning in them.

Thats what i heard. Hey is this the asa from the facebook SFKK page?

Yeah! its me!

haha

lol this is tiger from the fansite. lol i got alot of different usernames.

But yea the rings are up. I have a few friends who go there every other week and they went and confirmed it.

Is this the last construction to be done on the ride?

Man, come on Maurer. I had higher hopes for you than this! We recently found out that after it was running with 4 trains for the first time it hit some snags here in there and in the end there was 3 issues..(we thought it might have been a dispatch problem)

Couple of friends are chiming in with news about the coaster..

I talked to my source again today and mentioned my dispatch issue theory. He said that wasn't one of the problems. He still wouldn't tell me what the problems are, but that there is a reason almost no testing has happened since Sunday. And that NO ONE has ridden it since then.To me it is sounding more structural in nature. Apparently these 3 problems are MAJOR issues.

The one thing I have heard from word of mouth was that structural problems have been the main and only reason that has made this coaster delayed so much.

Take that for what its worth. This came from a guy I was on Loch Ness at BGE with who said he was working on the coaster (Forgot what job he said he had). I figured he was making this stuff up, which I still think he was. He said the lift, rings, etc had nothing to do with the delay.

I think the gay music selection is haunting the ride. Re-select and the problems will all be solved Universal.

Actually. There is nothing remotely GAY about most of the music selection. Well maybe the Donna Summer and the Gloria Gaynor tracks could be considered somewhat GAY, but I could think of a ton more GAY anthems than what they chose.

I heard some of the welds developed some cracks and that usually means a big chunk of the welds will have to be x-rayed to make sure they are good. If not, they will have to be re-welded which definitely could take some time.

Just received an email from Universal Orlando passholder benefits titled "Take your music for a ride"... I was all excited thinking that maybe by some small chance it was an invite to a passholder preview... but low and behold it was only a link to the HRRR website which still (as we ALL know) states "Coming Soon"... Good God Universal, why do you do such things to us?!... I'm okay with (well, rather understand...) the delays, but don't tease me with an nonsense e-mail... I copied (sans the pictures) a portion of that e-mail...

Get ready to take your music for a ride!‏

From: Universal Orlando Resort (Backstage@lists.universalorlando.com)

Sent: Fri 7/31/09 1:12 PM

To: BRYAN NAGIEL (bcnagl@hotmail.com)

To ensure delivery of Universal emails to your inbox, please take a moment

to add Backstage@lists.universalorlando.com to your email address book or safe list.

Welcome BRYAN!

Hollywood Rip Ride RockitSM

Coming Soon to Universal Studios®!

Get ready to take your music for a rideSM on the only roller coaster where YOU pick the soundtrack and cameras capture your pulse-pounding experience!

Click below to view the new ride experience video that showcases all of the extreme, one-of-a-kind features of this groundbreaking new ride.

CLICK HERE >