TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 624 - New Epic Universe details, including Isle of Berk!

The PR person for USO told me that the media day has NOT been set yet. If they don't have the media day set, I would assume an official opening date hasn't been set yet either. Soft openings are a different story of course.

Yeah but is this person the same person that told you it would open "this weekend" (in reference to your post last week about it soft opening this past weekend)?

I think some of the employees really only know as much as we do at this point,

yesterday a worker was telling me that the reason it hasnt opened yet is because there are over 3000 songs that they are syncing with the ride time.

Im not one for debating so I didnt correct him.

The PR person for USO told me that the media day has NOT been set yet. If they don't have the media day set, I would assume an official opening date hasn't been set yet either. Soft openings are a different story of course.

Yeah but is this person the same person that told you it would open "this weekend" (in reference to your post last week about it soft opening this past weekend)?

Go back and look at my post dude.... I said "should" open not "would". During testing time, ANYTHING can happen to slow things down. That happens with pretty much every coaster installation anywhere.

A little birdie told me that this ride SHOULD soft open this coming weekend.. Good luck to those visiting the park!

Never trust birds! Birds lie, then crap on your car!

Everybody needs to relax and let events unfold.

I am going to be in Orlando around the time time of the event, 5 Days with the Mouse and possibly 2 at Universal Orlando using the free ticket offer from the Superbowl. I have never been to Halloween Horror nights before, and was very excited about the event this year until I saw two things.

One is the price. $69.99 for a ticket is a little bit expensive IMO. I see that there are discounts for FL residents and for the Stay and Scream Package, but I can get neither. Unless Universal would let me use the free ticket as part of the Stay & Scream, anyone know? So does everyone here think the price is worth it?

Second I have heard how crowded the event is. I have read that the event gets so big that the waits for each of the houses average about an hour each, not leaving enough time to see all the houses and shows in one night. Again can anyone validate this? I would probably be going around October 2nd.

I am going to be in Orlando around the time time of the event, 5 Days with the Mouse and possibly 2 at Universal Orlando using the free ticket offer from the Superbowl. I have never been to Halloween Horror nights before, and was very excited about the event this year until I saw two things.

One is the price. $69.99 for a ticket is a little bit expensive IMO. I see that there are discounts for FL residents and for the Stay and Scream Package, but I can get neither. Unless Universal would let me use the free ticket as part of the Stay & Scream, anyone know? So does everyone here think the price is worth it?

Second I have heard how crowded the event is. I have read that the event gets so big that the waits for each of the houses average about an hour each, not leaving enough time to see all the houses and shows in one night. Again can anyone validate this? I would probably be going around October 2nd.

You should be able to add the Stay & Scream to your free ticket. Just go to guest services and ask about it. In fact, I believe I saw this exact question on another board, and someone confirmed that you could add the Stay & Scream to the Super Bowl promotion. Maybe, someone else on here knows for sure.

I have never been to the event, but I have read enough about the crowds to know that all the houses can have VERY long lines especially on a weekend night. Definitely, pay for the Express Pass. You will guarantee that you will see every house once, and if you get the Stay & Scream, you might be able to see a bunch of the houses twice with careful usage of the Express Pass.

Definitely, pay for the Express Pass. You will guarantee that you will see every house once, and if you get the Stay & Scream, you might be able to see a bunch of the houses twice with careful usage of the Express Pass.

Although if the prices are a problem this year for some people, the express passes, which are extortionate this year imo, will be a big problem for them. I think that the price of the express passes will cause more people not to buy them and consequently cause longer queues for the houses.

Prices for pirate packages range from $49.95 to $124.95, depending on what kinds of extras you choose. Kids from 3 to 103 can participate

LOL at the article. So basically Disney considers everyone as a kid.

Anyways, to stay on topic, hopefully that 22nd date comes true. Really looking forward to this ride. I hope sometime later this summer I will get a chance to try it out myself.

If you have a free ticket to HHN, why would you need the "Stay & Scream" package or a discount? Are there others going with you who need to buy a ticket?

If I were you, I'd definitely spring for the Express Pass (esp. since I have a free ticket). Lines for the houses can get very long, and you'll definitely miss something without the pass.

^I think he meant that he had a free ticket to the Universal parks from the Superbowl promotion, not HHN. He will still have to purchase a ticket for HHN, which if that is the case there is no reason not to get the Stay and Scream added to his free ticket.

I like the new site update and I can't wait to see what they do with this Universal Palace Theater idea.

^Yeah, I misunderstood. I'd contact the park about the "Stay and Scream" question, then. On the Web site, it's described as an "add-on," so I think you'd be able to do it with the free ticket.

A crane and a large group of workers are there this morning around the station and lift. They may be finally getting some of the last touches started on and maybe finished today.

Yesterday, they finally finished painting the lift.

While nothing really jumps out at me, I think this will be VERY popular with the general public (not the band!)

I for one will be rockin' out on my first ride to KC and the Sunshine band!

Just because...

What will you all pick for your first ride?

--Robb

I would pick No Doubt's Hella Good!! I love No Doubt! Cant wait to ride!!

Hey, I don't really have any news input towards this topic at hand, but I would just like to say I'm very excited for this coaster and I often make trips to the park, and I love watching this thing test, and I thank you guys for having some of the most up to date information over the last few months. I've enjoyed all of the rings antics, and the maverick heart line roll. But like everybody else, I really want this coaster to open.

First song choice for me will probably be Pump it

At IOAcentral the r!ing will be up by monday morning but I don't know how true this is so we will see monday morning.

I was planning to go out monday anyways.