TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

That July 22nd date is looking more and more plausible. As for the r!ngs, they could probably put those up overnight if they wanted, that sure happened when they were building the Hulk and it's launch tunnel covering.

That July 22nd date is looking more and more plausible. As for the r!ngs, they could probably put those up overnight if they wanted, that sure happened when they were building the Hulk and it's launch tunnel covering.

They pretty much put the elevator for Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit! overnight...so like Kevin Garnet, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!

News: There will be a special event taking place in the Music Plaza on July 22nd. Various members of the media have been contacted over the past three weeks to show up at the event. This is assumed to be involved with Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit!, but maybe not necessarily its opening.

I have a question, IF in fact they open this ride for the special event on the 22nd...what do you think the odds are of it being open on the 23rd as well? I cant make it out to universal on the 22nd, but the 23rd my brothers has orientation for HHN so I will have a ride to the park!

^He had a very valid question, he asked if there was a preview event on the 22nd if it would be open on the 23rd. There is a chance it will be, and a chance it wont. For instance, when SFMM opened Terminator, media day and the KROQ event (which was awesome) was 2 days before the ride opened. So if the ride is only open to the radio station and media etc, there is an equal chance of it being open and not open the next day

^Sorry. I just assume that if they open it on the 22nd it will be open on the 23rd unless there is bad weather or something breaks! I hope its open for you and I want a review!! I'm jealous you might get a ride real soon.

I can understand how the wording of my question might have mislead you, ahaha, but yes what I was asking is like what was said above ^ If the 22nd would be a preview day or a grand opening day And I WILL do a review and Hopefully a photo tr, If my camera is working!

Good news! I might have just found a ride to Universal on the 22nd as well! If so i will make sure I have a camera in hand! keep an eye out for that!

Also just checked the weather for the 22nd

"Details for Wednesday, July 22

Scattered thunderstorms possible. Highs in the upper 80s and lows in the mid 70s"

However, When ISNT this the forecast in Florida!.

The PR person for USO told me that the media day has NOT been set yet. If they don't have the media day set, I would assume an official opening date hasn't been set yet either. Soft openings are a different story of course.

Yeah, I found the radio stations website and the ONLY thing they say about there radio broadcast on the 22nd is this

"Join the Monsters in the morning and learn all about Universal Orlando's new Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit roller coaster."

The rest of it just talks about Universal.

Article can be found here,

http://realradio.zipscene.com/events/view/1830041

More people testing it, LED's turn on in this video when it reaches the top, and if you noticed, they're silenced the lift hill substantially.

As for the 22nd there WILL be a special event in the Music Plaza, what that event is..no one knows. Local radio stations keep advertising it as something to do with Rockit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHY6q9qUt70