TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 624 - New Epic Universe details, including Isle of Berk!

Nothing new to report other than it's been running continuous trains non-stop during nights.

Here's a video of it testing this night.

That 22nd date is starting to look more and more concrete. No news on the r!ngs.

Over the past few days, a lot of testing has been going on at night without the train's LEDs turned on. Any "checks" of the lighting systems have been going on during the day.

As I said before, they've already got team members trained. Since last week, Universal has actually been putting the new ride ops in the station and showing them around. Previously, a mock station and queue was constructed for training the employees indoors.

We may be getting closer to the opening date. I've been hearing rumors that the new "Hollywood Bowl" stage will be tied closely into the media day.

The stage has underwent some lighting changes and Rockit! employees have been on the stage-for whatever reason-before park hours.

They've also been playing around a little with the wait time clock.

The rings, to the best of my knowledge, have had all of their lighting issues worked out and they are standing by in preparation to be attached to the lift. There are AT LEAST five rings.

Nobody has really been talking of the banner that goes on the side of the lift, but pieces are on the lift are there to attach the banner to the side...same with the r!ings.

Soft openings could start even without all the finishing rings and touches. As for a date they have in mind for soft openings, they're not letting the date slip and they may not even know themselves. As soon as soft openings start, they will have an official opening date in mind and there will be a period for Universal to get the word out.

Due more recently to weather conditions and delays in train modifications, they've missed the dates they were discussing by a long shot. The dates I provided earlier in the thread where dates that would have been likely--if everything would have went right.

And one last thing: the lift may go under changes again...in the future. There's a rumor that new permits have been filed that will allow Universal to install the original double-cable lift that they wanted.

It's just a rumor...but it could be somewhat of an explanation for why the rings haven't gone up yet.

Is Nassal even working on any projects right now other than Harry Potter?

It's a pretty big undertaking.

Several steel castle turret frames and crates have been removed from the Turkey Lake staging area and moved closer to the construction site and may possibly be in the area by Dudley Do-Right.

According to ScreamScape, Dueling Dragons may close near the end of August to undergo its changes. This seems likely.

There's also talk the Creative Kingdom's interactive Harry Potter experience will be spread throughout the whole park.

There may be an announcement coming very soon from Universal concerning changes and the new dark ride.

And one last thing: the lift may go under changes again...in the future. There's a rumor that new permits have been filed that will allow Universal to install the original double-cable lift that they wanted.

Can't they just stick with one way and roll with it? Why all the changes?

Extra!Extra!Read all about it!

I have some good news. I'm currently staying in Orlando and I took a brochure from the little case thingys in the front by the entrance. Anyways it was a Universal Studios brochure and on the back it states "Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, Coming this July at Universal Studios". I'll get a picture later tonight.

Extra!Extra!Read all about it!

I have some good news. I'm currently staying in Orlando and I took a brochure from the little case thingys in the front by the entrance. Anyways it was a Universal Studios brochure and on the back it states "Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, Coming this July at Universal Studios". I'll get a picture later tonight.

I can confirm this.

By the way, I don't know if this was cleared up or not, but the official height restriction is 51''

So...2 questions pop-out of my mind.

What is going on with the people mover.

And secondly...why is there an onride photo...when you have the video...i mean..you don't need the on-ride photo. Whatever.

Also... i guess bags will not be allowed in the line...??

Omg...i so freakin out. I'm probably gonna ride it next week.! I was screaming in my house!! [i might be a little too much hysterical...for a coaster!]

Jpdupuis[/code]

So...2 questions pop-out of my mind.

What is going on with the people mover.

The train will be moving slowly through the station allowing guests to get on and off without it stopping. No one is sure if the floor will move as well because other coasters with a people mover system (The Dark Knight) don't have a moving floor.

And secondly...why is there an onride photo...when you have the video...i mean..you don't need the on-ride photo. Whatever.

Might be cheaper than a $30 video.

Yes, there will be a moving walkway in the station.

The system will pretty much be like the Haunted Mansion...just with fewer vehicles. If everything goes right, there should never really be all too long of a line at HRRR!.

Yes, there will be a moving walkway in the station.

If everything goes right, there should never really be all too long of a line at HRRR!.

Haha, I'm sure there will be a line. It's Universal, and with their crowds, capacity could be 3000 and they would still have a line. This system just drastically increases capacity.

Are the lap bars going to come down automatically like on Top Spins so they don't need attendants to check them, or will they be like normal lap bars?