TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

Just got home from IOA/UO and as mentioned above, as of Noon, HRRR was NOT running... not even testing... but strange enough, they were selling the attractions shirt in the "Hub" area, where the two parking garages meet up... I thought that was kind of odd... Should have grabbed a picture of it, but my phone takes crappy pictures anyways (so just as well I suppose)...

I don't know how the rumor started about it opening this weekend. They arn't nearly ready to be open yet. Heck besides a few maintenance guys no one else has even ridden it. Yet alone they haven't done the usual day-long of non-stop cycling.

I thought the date thrown out was end of July. That would be my guess with the earliest soft opening no earlier then next weekend.

As for t-shirts they've been selling them for atleast a month or two now. Worst t-shirt ever: "I ripped it, I rocked it, I rode it."

I don't know how the rumor started about it opening this weekend. They arn't nearly ready to be open yet. Heck besides a few maintenance guys no one else has even ridden it. Yet alone they haven't done the usual day-long of non-stop cycling.

I thought the date thrown out was end of July. That would be my guess with the earliest soft opening no earlier then next weekend.

As for t-shirts they've been selling them for atleast a month or two now. Worst t-shirt ever: "I ripped it, I rocked it, I rode it."

^ Well considering that they have been running a ton of commericals and radio promotions now about Rockit, (And no, they do not say opening soon, they do imply that it is already open) you would think it should be open now. I am sure that there will be a influx of upset park guests thinking that the ride is already open.

My brother is hitting up the parks in Orlando this week, so I decided to call Universal and see if I could get the scoop on the opening for him; so they could push Universal back as far as possible in hope that it might open.

Guest Services said that: "There isn't an official opening day for the ride, and they do NOT forsee it opening within a week; your best bet is to keep checking online. The opening should be released online."

Just sharing.

Soon is a relative term, and hey, it's just a marketing technique. Universal wants more guests so they can rake in more money. If you talk to a staff member at Universal, they will tell you that they have no idea when it's going to open and that you should check the website for any information. I'm not sure whether or not they were instructed to say that.

My best bet for an opening would be the end of July.

I'm kind of worried that you won't be able to hear your song very well over the song of the person next to you. It might turn out to be one huge mess of sound.

Universal has been working over the past few months with a company that specializes in high-tech sound systems.

This company has a directional sound system where if you stand in a certain place in a certain time, you will be able to hear a sound that other people around you can't hear.

There are many theme parks, including Universal, that already use systems similar to this.

The coaster was testing all last night. They tested for several hours without stopping the train-running it in its constantly-moving-never-stopping system.

They e-stopped the train on all of the different brake runs and continued constant testing soon after with water dummies.

The July 22nd date has been floating around all week.

Some have heard the date from employees, but most have seen that date on the radio station's website.

That COULD be the opening day, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it is just because a radio station plans to be there.

Somebody needs to pose as a radio station and send an email to Universal asking what their opening date is!

The songs listed arent so great to me. The only one i would choose is Stronger-Kanye.

-- but here are good r&bs song for the ride:

1.] "Down-Jay Sean ft.LilWayne"

2.] "I got a feeling - Black Eyed Peas"

3.] "Reply - Sean Kingston"

4.] "Stutterin'-Mario"

5.] "Whatcha say - jason derulo" [Hide-n-seek Cover/Remix]

Coaster needs a good bumpin' song

im fairly positive its opening that day because im a local and i went to the radio station mentioned and it said how they were going to be out there to launch the unvailing of the new rip ride rockit. i emailed them to make sure about it. i will let everyone know the details when i get the email back.

NVM it wont let me send the mail. im also a good freind of the construction manager there so i will try to squeeze some info out of him as to when this ride opens. one thing i found out from him is that the red loops on the lift hill that are supposed to go up are going to have LED's and tv screens on them. thats what he told me. not sure how true it is. i just hope it opens on the 22nd. has anyone heard anything about those red loops yet. any started going up. just askin of course lol.

BTW this forum for some weird reason wont let me say R.I.N.G.S without censoring it. the hecks up with that. thats why i said loops lol

^That's because r!ngs has a sweet censor-replacement. I mean, how can you not love rings? Stick around here for a while and you'll see it more. One more reason why TPR rules.

It's good to hear they're close to opening this thing. It took them long enough. Hopefully it just won't have any other setbacks. All we need are the onion rings to get installed and were good to go!