TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

Ok now I know why they put music on the train so that way you don't hear how loud the lift hill is.

They are running the coaster in test mode in that video. Check out page 187 to see it at full speed. The lift does not sound quite as loud in that one.

Sorry to double post, but I'd like to spark a little more life into this forum. Keep this picture in mind when looking at the picture following it.

All following pictures courtesy screamscape.com's "spy"

Oh and guess what, it looks like Harry Potter's great Big Box Ride is powerd by linear induction motors, crazy! Crazy awesomlely expensive.

Gimme all your lovin by ZZ top would be my first pick. Second would be Le disko, and then insane in the brain by cypress. Three goods songs I think will work well and on three different lists. Honestly for a list of 30 songs that is supposed to make everyone in the world happy it is pretty decent. I did not know all the songs so I listened to the ones I didn't know... yes yes even the country ones. I strongly encourage you to do the same if you haven't cause it might inspire you. However I do have one small complaint that I am surprised no one else had.. Stronger- Kanye West AND harder, better, faster, stronger by Daft Punk. Both good songs sure, but that's because stronger is harder, better, faster, stronger without the harder better faster. Both those artists have other good songs too so let Kayne keep stronger and give the Daft Punk fans another song since they probably want one anyways.

I think that the first ride for a lot of people will be with the default music. I've assumed that the first time in a coaster like that, with the 90º lift and with the sun in all the face, will be difficult to concentrate with the control panel before the drop....

You choose your song in 30 seconds while the train is in the station. According to that queue video, the song is locked in as the train reaches the overhead control booth.

^^

Ok now I know why they put music on the train so that way you don't hear how loud the lift hill is.

They are running the coaster in test mode in that video. Check out page 187 to see it at full speed. The lift does not sound quite as loud in that one.

Sorry to double post, but I'd like to spark a little more life into this forum. Keep this picture in mind when looking at the picture following it.

Oh and guess what, it looks like Harry Potter's great Big Box Ride is powerd by linear induction motors, crazy! Crazy awesomlely expensive.

for some reason the pictures you posted to tpr arent showing up for me...

^I figure that the concept of Harry Potter best fit Creative Kingdoms' concept for their interactive dark ride, though I don't think that the system shown in that patent is the one we will be receiving. That being said, I still think it is conceivable that the robocoaster could have MagiQuest-wands tied to them to make the experience interactive...

Back during IAAPA, the owner of Creative Kingdoms was pretty tight-lipped about Potter, but did slip that Universal was one of their clients.

Either way, this dark ride is starting to look more and more like a combination of the rumored "hundred stories" Star Tours 2.0 and the "easily altered interactive dark ride experience" Toy Story Mania...

I have been following this project as much as I can and haven't seen any of this. Now considering this was originally filed back in 2002, I wonder if the advancement of a KUKA based ride system drastically changed the outline of the attraction since the filing. Could this be a different ride altogether? Whatever the case may be look at all those effects, I can't wait to find out more !!!!

Ok I Don't know how true this is but the hight restriction is 51 inchs this is coming from screamscape.

But that is great that the ring will be going up soon that way every one can be happy.

'

Ehhh id have to say im kind of disappointed with the songs, nothing really jumps out at me. I was thinking maby they would put a Linkin Park song on the list, how sick would it be to listen to Faint or Papercut. Also Disturbed, would have been great, but o'well. I would have to say Kick Start My Heart on the first ride for shure.

^ If Lars can't bend his fans over for every HRRRRRR Metallica track listened to, then it's not gonna happen. You don't wanna see the man spontaneously combust now, do you?

I'll go with Motley Crue the first time around. And on that note, the over/under for today is: number of pages after the official opening until we see the post "I've ridden it and listened to every song now!"

I'm setting the line at 17 pages.

The rap/hiphop list sucks. Two Black Eyed Peas songs? They belong in pop not rap. Rock Star is decent, but I guess I would have to go with Sabotage. I think they should have had DMX Party Up, perfect uptempo for a coaster.

Kickstart My Heart would be a great choice too.

^ If Lars can't bend his fans over for every HRRRRRR Metallica track listened to, then it's not gonna happen. You don't wanna see the man spontaneously combust now, do you?

Actually yes, yes I do.

for some reason the pictures you posted to tpr arent showing up for me...

The pictures don't show for me either, they show as red Xs.