TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

One thing i was wondering, forgive me for being ignorant, but say it valleyed when it was opened, arent there going to be multiple trains on the track ? Could that cause potential problems.

its not ignorance, just learning

Coasters have what are called block brakes (at least that's what I've heard they've been called) on the brake runs. Whenever a train reaches them, a computer system knows where each train is located. If a train valleys, then the computer will notice that it did not reach the next "checkpoint", causing the computer to stop all other trains at their next brake run.

The interesting thing about this is that I would say this is "par for the course" for most projects of this caliber. What many of you have to realize as this is far more "visible" because the park is open year round.

I can tell you with confidence that almost ever major coaster has some sort of issues that need to be resolved mid-project it's just that we don't hear about many of them because most parks do construction during off-season closed periods, or many times the construction isn't smack in the middle of the park!

IMO, this doesn't seem like that major of a delay and in my years of watching rides go up I've seen FAR worse things happen....

Superman: The Escape delayed a year. Mr. Freeze and Chiller delayed a year. Splash Mountain at Disneyland delayed six months. Test Track delayed, what...TWO years???

This is nothing...

--Robb

QFT

I just got back from spending my whole day at Universal Orlando! I may go back later this week, so I may give you some more updates.

Before the park opened, they were doing test runs.

A crane was set up by the first brake run, and a train was run twice. The train went through the full circuit the first time and the second time it was stopped on the first brake run.

I don't know if it has been posted yet, but an elevator has been installed on the back of the lift hill. It's pretty small and looks to be only for work purposes. It looks permanent and is painted the color of the supports.

The elevator was going up and down the lift and a worker was doing some welding work. After welding stopped, the train was brought down off the first brake run and completed the rest of the circuit.

Testing held off for an hour and thirty minutes. Workers started installing more electrical cables in the building the track runs through and adjusted the video camera inside.

Water dummies were placed on and off the train for the rest of the day as it continued with testing.

On the way out of Universal, I noticed what appeared to be new LED signage on HRRR, a giant LCD screen, and new signage with a character from the HRRR website.

And yes, the coaster is incredible silent.

And yes, everybody visiting the park is wanting to ride it.

And no, the rings are not on YET.

I am sure they will do a better job with Saw than Thorpe Park managed. The problem for me is I dont see Saw as horror, its more a thriller than horror. I think they are pushing Saw every where they can as the last few films did not do that well.

I went to both this and and the one in Tampa 2 years ago and they were both amazing. I could not get over how the park is transformed, it's done so much better than what we have in the UK, I was scared just walking around the park.

Great pics I must say I was a little unsure about this ride when I first heard about it but now it looks amazing, I cant wait to ride it

One quick thing, I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, so sorry if it has already been asked, but do we know, or at least have a hint of what songs that will be able to be listened to on the ride?

Hmmm...this years HHN Orlando seems....odd. Like it was a mismatch of sorts. For some reason, last years' Bloody Mary theme seemed more solid from the outset. Of course, it is only July and much is still under wraps. This could end up being better than the first impression. Just feels weird though. Time will tell and it's a good bet Universal will put out it's usual high-bar fun.

With whatever theme or characters Universal hires for HHN, you know that they are going to do a great job with it as always. They are the best when it comes to storytelling and horror, and scares in their event and we all know that even though the main characters seem a bit odd, they are good at tying them together and making an awesome HHN.

And HOS is actually REALLY good too! Sure, the details and the storylines aren't on Universal's level because Busch isn't a movie park and doesn't have the greatest experience with it, but they do a really good job. And believe it or not, some people actually do prefer HOS over HHN. And to look at it from a local standpoint, HOS is cheaper, and has overall less crowds. HHN is known around Tampa and Orlando for always being packed on peak nights and is expensive.

It was all theatrics. The scarezones were too pretty, the houses too focused on the sets, and the story ended up being way too convoluted to keep my attention. It was just a disaster.

A disaster??? lol lol how ironic...Those very things are what I and thepeople I go to the event with appreciate. They appreciate the details and the theatrics. I mean anything can scare anyone, most of the time, but when you are being scared in a setting of this world then you have a winner. Most of the people that go to hhn from my experience are too critical of not being scared at every turn. I personally wouldnt wanna be scared every corner I walked around that would be too muich for me to enjoy the event. I can count numerous times when I was frighten at last years event. The event has to balance itself out which is why they have different style houses with different types of elements of scare.

I think walt disney said it best when he said he doesnt make attraction for critics but for the public. I mean if im gonna pay 70.00 to be scared then darnit it better make me feel like im on the set and not some makeshift neighborhood haunt...

One quick thing, I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, so sorry if it has already been asked, but do we know, or at least have a hint of what songs that will be able to be listened to on the ride?

the style of music is on the website, but nothing yet on the actual songs.

Any chance that it will open before july 30?

Do you want a real answer for that question lol...There is a chance it can open anyday...a chance is, well, a chance...

Theres a chance it wont open at all!

And was "Enter Sandman" in the second video coming from the ride?

Unfortunately it was not, it was coming from the near by Hard Rock Cafe

I would love to have some Metallica on this beast though. The only artists I have heard are on are No Doubt and Fergie.