TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

It's all coming together (finally ). One thing I saw and wondered about is are they done with landscaping. And everything in the station? We have to remember Universal likes to open rides when they are completly done. I still stand on saying soft opening around July 1-5 and Grand Opening around July 10-15?

-I would like to know how many tpr forum members will pass out when someone says the rings are completed .

I would like to know how many tpr forum members will pass out when someone says the rings are completed

Well we know of one that will

I was at Universal last Wednesday. I got to see them finish the top of the lift hill. After looking at this ride, it looks really impressive! Especially the second hill.

The only problem I see with it, it may have to many brakes. I just hope that it doesn't take away from the airtime?

Harry Potter books, Do you think that I should start reading them. Or are they to childish? I love the harry potter movies, but have never read the book. Now I am 18 and a freshman in college. Are they a pretty good books and not childish style of writing. Should I go read them.

I would say yes...the first book and maybe some of the second is more geared to kids, however as the books progress they honestly do get more and more mature.

The books are popular among adults just as much as children, I would say. They're written in a style that is very descriptive and mature.

The books are just as well written as any other novel geared toward adults.

I started reading the Harry Potter series when I was in 1st grade.

The librarian at my elementary school advised my parents against it...she thought that the writing would be too complicated for a 1st grader to fully understand.

A few months later, my aunt sent me the series (I think it was books 1-3 at that time). I started reading them and fell in love with the series.

The books are extremely entertaining. Most of the time, I find that the books have more exciting pacing and action than the movies.

Sara, yes by all means read the books... sure the first 3 or so are when they are becoming teenagers... those are great but I think they got a whole lot better toward the end. I used to work at the LSU Bookstore on campus and I used to make fun of the Harry Potter "freaks".... until one of my coworkers jumped me and told me I needed to read them before I bashed(well I was just teasing) them. So I did... and I was amazed at how good they were... actually my 40 y/o sister was reading them too... which I found out later and she loved them too... so long story short... YES... Go read them! Go NOW! lol

Did the news letter say anything about the rings being put on?

After an extensive search of the news letter, it saddens me to say there was no mention of the rings. How is this possible?! The rings are the most important part of HRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! They are what makes the ride so innovative.

Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit! has been going up the lift at full speed since yesterday. From what I've heard, the lift has been getting the trains to the top of the hill between 16-18 seconds.

And no. Don't even ask about the rings. Spare my sanity!