TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

Today the train was brought out of the station and onto the lift for work on the station. Work was also being done in the garage that will hold the trains.

Work along the lift was underway in preparation for installation of the rings. Also, preparation is underway for the new lockers that will be installed near the entrance.

Ooooo... I was at Universal earlier today... went to a 12:35p movie @ City Walk... so I only saw the cranes on either side of the lift, but must have missed out on seeing the actual train... after the movie, I ran into IOA, rode Hulk and got out of dodge as Storm of the Century was brewing in the Orlando area... I still don't see them getting this ride open anytime in July as the park anticipates... but am keeping my fingers crossed anyways...

This coaster could get delayed a full year and I wouldn't complain because I'm just happy they didn't go with a B&M Hyper and that they are building a coaster during these economically harsh times and right before Harry Potter opens.

Exactly.

It's amazing that they're coping with these hard times.

After all, they've built a new coaster in Japan, going through with this Harry Potter island, building a new coaster, and building a new park in Singapore.

Disney is doing well too...and so is Seaworld. They're all doing remarkably well in this financial climate...or so it appears.

I dont want a half-assed rollercoaster either, but I mean the rings on the lift are the only thing left. One main reason was Maurer Söhne and their delays on the lift twice. But this rollercoaster should be better than another B&M hyper which I have no problem with. It's not Universals fault at all I think, its just more on the coaster manufactuer.

^^Yeah they are all doing well in the economic times. But Orlando is like the perfect place for theme parks. I don't see Universal struggling much in the next couple of years. They make plenty of money with 50$ tickets lol.

If I can ride before july 30th that would be great, because I have heart

surgery on the 30th and I can't ride anything for 6 week or more

I have a little update. I found out today that all of the trains have arrived at Universal and they've been sitting around for a couple of days now.

Today and earlier this week, they were doing work in the station and garage to prep for the trains being put on the track. As for testing, there hasn't been any since the new lift was re-fitted.

Testing will be underway soon, though, just probably not until Monday.

Apparently an electrical run-through was scheduled for yesterday, but they were never able to get around to it because of weather conditions.

There will be little work going on today due to the threat of weather conditions (Or so I'm told) and lack of personnel. It's amazing that they are STILL expecting to soft open at the end of this month.

The grand opening date (Depending on who you ask) is now set for somewhere around the 10th or 11th of July.

And no, the rings have not been put up yet.

I have a little update. I found out today that all of the trains have arrived at Universal and they've been sitting around for a couple of days now.

Today and earlier this week, they were doing work in the station and garage to prep for the trains being put on the track. As for testing, there hasn't been any since the new lift was re-fitted.

Testing will be underway soon, though, just probably not until Monday.

Apparently an electrical run-through was scheduled for yesterday, but they were never able to get around to it because of weather conditions.

There will be little work going on today due to the threat of weather conditions (Or so I'm told) and lack of personnel. It's amazing that they are STILL expecting to soft open at the end of this month.

The grand opening date (Depending on who you ask) is now set for somewhere around the 10th or 11th of July.

And no, the rings have not been put up yet.

where did you find this information?

where did you find this information?

The Dippin' Dots guy.

Actually, I would rather not say who exactly I heard that information from. Universal doesn't seem to like their employees to talk to coaster enthusiasts about their projects...

It's a shame.

The information, though, did come from two employees and a person doing construction on HRRR...so...I would hope that they told me the truth. They haven't failed me before!