TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

Update from today May 20, 2009

If anyone cared to know one train is just chillin in the station. I got close to take a picture, which didn't turn out at all and within minutes a black tarp was placed over the train. I swear I saw them laugh at me

^,^^New footers for Blue Man group signs

TRAIN!!!

^RUMBLE!

^Lighting is being installed around the firehouse.

I'll be talking with someone from the HRRR's creative team tomorrow. Anyone have any burning questions about it? Aside from when it's testing and of course when it will finally open. Let me know.

While I'm there I'll try to get some photos and hopefully a test video too.

I have one. How long did it take to plan the ride and how many designs were there?

The overall ride does look impressive and I like how they chose to make the inversions the way they did like the non-inverting loop. I could picturing them appearing in some coasters in the future.

Yeah, those large white circular things inside the building are the 3D projector screens, similar to the Spiderman ride. I figured they would be bigger than that but I guess it's hard to tell from that perspective. The Castle facade is going right up in that corner, but im sure some of it will stretch onto the building. Either way, it's going to be 199 feet tall. 200 would require a distracting red light for air-traffic. I can't wait to see it completed!

Yeah, those large white circular things inside the building are the 3D projector screens, similar to the Spiderman ride.

Huh? No one's mentioned anything about this ride being 3-D.

Technically, nobody's mentioned anything about the ride, period.

Greetings all. Sorry to do my first post here with a correction, but the castle will be less than 200' tall, no beacon required. Just as Dr. Doom is a foot short of the requirement.

Does anyone else think the stairs of the catwalk on the brake section look a little funky? But then again, it just might be me

One thing that throws them off is that they're not attached to the track yet and the platforms along some of the brakes aren't there yet as well.

^ Yes they are, but I wish IoA luck in finding out who the person is given that all we know about them is they are a sculptor who have a friend who lives in Maryland!

If true, this isn't too much of a surprise really. They got the rights to the ride technology in line with this announcement and it's been assumed for a couple of years now. If it turns out anything like spiderman, IoA will have anther fantastic ride in their arsenal!

Hey hey, does anyone know where the queue will be?

It looks like it will start either on the left of the new stage, or to the left of the jimmy neutron ride. I think the bulk of the queue will be on the back side of that building. dont quote me though, these are just general observations.