TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

Universal WAS a mad house. I had to eventually shell out $51+tax for a 2 park express. All the waits were 60+, amazingly JAWS had the longest wait at 80 for most of the day.

Only track missing on Rockit right now is just the lift. Not the heartline lift or any other MODIFIED lift either. Just the regular lift that was illustrated in the concept, website and MILLIONS of ads.

[[ Oh, and by the way. The problem doesn't seem to be the lift or the track for the lift or the clearance, it seems to be the motors for the lift and the complicated "backwards" evacuation procedure. Motors need to be installed first before the track for the lift apparently. ]]

[[ Oh, and by the way. The problem doesn't seem to be the lift or the track for the lift or the clearance, it seems to be the motors for the lift and the complicated "backwards" evacuation procedure. ]]

Seems to make sense to me. I find it hard to see them evacuating ANY kind of coaster let alone one with a vertical lift. I have thought before about how crazy it would be to have to be evacuated from something like SheiKra or Millennium Force... ouch.

-Justin

So I'm sure this has been answered, but what exactly went wrong with the section through the building?

To my understanding it didn't clear the reach envelope.

You are correct. They were moving most of the gear to the firehouse on Friday, so I'm guessing they're working on that too, before putting in the lift.

^lol your kidding right? Read the last 10 pages of this thread and you should get your answer.

Just a reminder from your friendly neighborhood site moderator--please 1) be respectful of others and 2) remember that having a sense of humor is essential.

^The answer to your question is no.

^Yeah, the track isn't complete at this point, so they still need to finish construction before they can even do a pull-through or start testing. Work has sort of stalled on the lift hill, there has been speculation about the extent of the delays but nothing has been confirmed by Universal so nobody really knows for sure when this thing is going to get finished. Look for maybe a June opening, although that's just a guess.