TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

It is odd to note that some people who posted *during* the Super Bowl didn't get a ticket, while others who posted after the game got one. I posted mine within 5 minutes of the ad after halftime and got one...

Perhaps it's not odd at all. It was supposed to be the first 100,000 people after each airing. If lots of people did it for early airings, but not many did it after the last one, then it might well play out like that.

It was also supposed to be done immediately after the commercial was over. So if you did it when it came on, you might have been disqualified (or put into the previous airing's tally).

I am calling Shenanigans on this contest!

I am glad that I am not the only loser anymore though lol.

Dad and Bro are still in limbo, so I am going to get that ticket one way or another and then just use the Big Mike Charm to get in.

Peace, Big Mike

I won too! Whoo Hoo!!! I LOVE Universal Orlando!!! I'd sure love to go back. I haven't been since 2006. But I might not get to use my ticket because my mom said there's no vacation for those who don't have a job. I've never won a contest before. Thanks for posting this! Just after I read the post on TPR on Sunday I registered.

This is very interesting.

I registered at 9:00 AM Monday, and just got a winning confirmation email! There must be a catch somewhere - it seems that they are awarding more than 100,000 tickets!

Will be interesting to see what the confirmation letter has to say - maybe that's when the bottom will fall out?

You know guys, I feel bad and partly responsible for the cut backs at universal if I accept this ticket...

Ahhhh well I'll get over it lol halloween horror nights just got to looking even better lol!

How much is a 2 park 7 day pass anyway?

Why? Actually using the ticket will help offset those cutbacks and get things back to normal!

Brilliant promotion for Universal. Surely this will help get people away from Disney and spending money on their property for a day or two instead (food, drinks, merch, etc.).

^ It says in the winning email that only one per household can win. Perhaps that's why? Not sure.

I, too filled mine out long after the game was over.

Nope, we don't even live in the same house yet, and the commercial was completely done airing before she even had the website loaded to start filling out the information. Makes no sense at all.

Surprisingly enough, I ended up getting a winning email after all. It just didn't make its way to me until this morning. I'm definitely excited about the promotion to say the least, though as a Passholder, it will be interesting to see what I can do with the ticket.

I've got a theory going on this one.

It seems that the majority of those who entered and won are out of state. So my theory is that Universal is trying to lure out of state people to Orlando to stay for a week and spend $$$$ at their parks.

Anyone out there from FL who has won and want to shoot down this theory?

Doing it selectively by region would violated the contest rules as laid out on the website (and therefore is a violation of federal law). However, unless they aren't done sending out emails, they seem to have screwed up majorly on this one. Me and my girlfriend signed up using different addresses within minutes of each other, but only I got an email. People I know that signed up after us also got emails.

Has anyone recieved a "not a winner" email, or recieved a winning email today?

You know guys, I feel bad and partly responsible for the cut backs at universal if I accept this ticket...

Ahhhh well I'll get over it lol halloween horror nights just got to looking even better lol!

How much is a 2 park 7 day pass anyway?

Why? Actually using the ticket will help offset those cutbacks and get things back to normal!

Brilliant promotion for Universal. Surely this will help get people away from Disney and spending money on their property for a day or two instead (food, drinks, merch, etc.).

who says im gonna spend money in the park? lol

But I really dont think they are checking id's to make sure everything matches...I hope not!

I've got a theory going on this one.

It seems that the majority of those who entered and won are out of state. So my theory is that Universal is trying to lure out of state people to Orlando to stay for a week and spend $$$$ at their parks.

Anyone out there from FL who has won and want to shoot down this theory?

I live in Winter Park, FL, 15min away from Universal. I even have a season pass that is registered to the E-mail I entered with, and I still won.