TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

I am getting pretty excited about this thing. Orlando was in need of something other than a B&M. I do love the coasters we have here but variety is good too. Universal looks to have a winner on their hands. That non loop is going to be great and the dive through the firehouse at high speed is should be cool too. If the rest of the layout provides good thrills you could be looking at the best new ride for 2009. I hope it has some airtime.

I am getting pretty excited about this thing. Orlando was in need of something other than a B&M. I do love the coasters we have here but variety is good too.

I agree. I love the Florida B&Ms, but it was time for something new. Next Florida need an Intamin coaster, wood or steel.

If the rest of the layout provides good thrills you could be looking at the best new ride for 2009.

Don't let anyone living in Ohio hear you say that.

With respect to "Laser Snake Horse on Fire" we will no more soon, but the unique nature of this ride makes it an early favorite for me. Cedar Point may also build something so it surely is way to early to say. I just hope The Hollywood Rockit is mostly smooth and has good pacing, some of those breaking areas are a little concerning. Five trains, audio, video, concert lighting effects, state of the art LED's, tunnels, all on a coaster that doesn't have a single normal element in sight is pretty much everything great in the world.

There have been rumors that external devices could be used to download music of your choice. People would abuse that right however so maybe not, would be cool though, and add another layer of inter activity. I don't suppose Judas Priest will be an option, too bad.

Rockit looks really cool. I have never seen so many unique elements on a coaster before this one. Hopefully the hourly capacity is pretty high for a park that can be fairly crowded in the summertime. Between this, Harry Potter, and Manta, I am much more excited for my next trip to Orlando.

I haven't been keeping up to date with the HP construction at all and am just catching up now. I'm really bummed that Enchanted Oak is gone! And no more Flying Unicorn either? At least that's still standing and will likely just be re-themed. I always thought that was a fun kiddie coaster.

I'm looking forward to the Harry Potter stuff, though. While I'm not a huge fan of the books, I've still read them all. It should be interesting to see them brought to life.

And now, my tribute to the Enchanted Oak...

enchantedoak2.jpg.79606e74fd9165ce9db4a18bcde02b47.jpg

The seating area in the back was a great place to chill, with a nice view across the park.

enchantedoak1.jpg.3d4f924e91407bcd2f1689b682a15aab.jpg

Little did I know that this was my last happy hour at the Alchemy Bar.

enchantedoak.jpg.990b902f35a90ab4895c3a7e05e93e0b.jpg

No more cool Enchanted Oak ceiling.

That looks pretty cool! I really need to get back to Orlando next year. So many new rides have opened/opening since 2005!

This Crazy coaster

Expedition Everest

Manta

Harry Potter

Aquatica

Simpsons

I didnt ride Mummy (I dont know if it opened in 2005 or before)

Have Maurer Sohne built anything this long before, or even remotely similar? I have seen Formule X and Abismo, is there anything else?
Nope, this is definetly something unique for them, even brand new trains.

I'm loving that part where the train breaks through the building. Right there in the bottom center. I believe that's the NY Firehouse facade from the old Ghostbusters Attraction.

Hey, now that I think about it the "Double Take" non-inverting loop, sounds like its going to go into the loop do a 180, crest the top of the loop (on top of it) go down the drop turn a 180 and do this in the "shape of a loop." Anyone else agree? Or want to add on to the issue....

You are right. Think of it as a reverse Norwegian loop.

I really hope they don't retheme Dueling Dragons. That would be a disaster for me.

Same here.

I LOVE Harry Potter, but Dueling Dragons has the best queue area in the world. Especially since the lines are always short, and you get to walk through it slowly and take in the details, with almost nobody else around, making it also very quiet, and you can listen to the background sound effects.

Actually, a pretty cool Harry Potter retheme of Dueling Dragons could go like this.

Fawkes (a Phoenix) vs. the Basilisk (a giant snake)

The cool thing is, the queue could be themed to the chamber of secrets, and it would be able to stay pretty much the same, for the most part.

But I'd still like to see it stay the same as it is now.

^As far as DD's queue change, it's been mentioned that 90% of the skeleton's may be removed and that you'll get a close-up view of the Goblet. Just like in the movie it will be displayed on a pedestal and have the blue flames coming out. ...and while DD may get repainted and renamed to fit the Tri-Wizard Tournament theme, the layout itself will not be touched.

^ Exactly! I don't see why so many people are making a big deal out of making slight modifications to DD so that it fits in with Harry Potter. Virtually everything can stay the same and still fit the theme really well! It's a real non-issue for me. I'm actually looking forward to seeing how they tweak the queue line for the re-theming.

I think we can expect the Tri Wizard Cup to be displayed where Merlin's book is currently, the rest I can't even venture a guess. I have heard rumors of a pre-show at the beginning of the castle, that would bum me out. I too have always loved going through and checking out the details, sticking your head in the holes in the wall you can here how they produce the ambient sound. The other day I found a lamp that is shaped like a dragon that I had never seen before, in hundreds of trips. I think everyone will be happy in the end, but Universal does have some pressure to equal the greatness of what they are destroying. Don't go backwards like with PF.

The Harry Potter music is awesome, and would be great on the walk to the Dragons.