TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

So disappointing I actually laughed to myself.

I may not think much of BaM Megacoasters with their general weakness in terms of size to force ratio, but I can't deny that they are a megaton of fun to ride, look beautiful and have perfected build quality that wont let anyone down.

A Maurer X-car on the other hand, I struggle to find any redeeming values for. The only coaster I've ever turned down a reride on.

And for such a huge park corporation to use that design to replicate the quality product already established with "HollyWood Dream" on the other side of the world... feeble

Will the ride also feature YouTube comments?

-"Vertical lift, BUSHS WAR WAS 4 OIL!!"

-"Please wear your shoes AND DON'T VOTE FOR HILARY BECAUSE SHE'S A WOMAN AND WOMEN CAN'T BE IN POSITIONS OF POWER"

-"Please exit to the left HEY RATE MY VIDEO PLZ?"

Well, variety is the spice of life an all, so why not give Maurer a shot at their own version of Hollywood Dream?

Actually, your variety argument calls for the B&M. If you count Fire and Ice as separate rides, Universal already has 3 multi-inversion coasters in the resort. They have zero airtime machines. And Florida doesn't have a hyper. Universal could beat BGA to the punch.

I do think the concept for how they plan to integrate it into the park is awesome. I'm sure Universal will do an excellent job on aesthetics, as they always do. I just don't see the need for yet another looper, especially at the Universal resort.

Will the ride also feature YouTube comments?

-"Vertical lift, BUSHS WAR WAS 4 OIL!!"

-"Please wear your shoes AND DON'T VOTE FOR HILARY BECAUSE SHE'S A WOMAN AND WOMEN CAN'T BE IN POSITIONS OF POWER"

-"Please exit to the left HEY RATE MY VIDEO PLZ?"

Bwahahahaha. YouTube comments make me worry about the human race.

Actually, your variety argument actually calls for the B&M. If you count Fire and Ice as separate rides, Universal already has 3 multi-inversion coasters in the resort. They have zero airtime machines. And Florida doesn't have a hyper. Universal could beat BGA to the punch.

So, "variety" would call for yet another B&M ride at the Universal Florida Resort? That being said, I prefer B&M to Maurer rides, myself. I like Hollywood Dream at Universal Osaka quite a bit, but I'm glad that they're not just cloning it in Florida.

Ginzo, you beat me to the punch. Another looper in Florida (oh joy, how unique). Don't get me wrong, the concept does look great - but it's common knowledge that 50% of the GP avoid coasters with loops, and yet most of the coasters in Orlando have them, and none of them offer any significant airtime. I don't get it - but any new coaster is a good thing.

So, "variety" would call for yet another B&M ride at the Universal Florida Resort? That being said, I prefer B&M to Maurer rides, myself. I like Hollywood Dream at Universal Osaka quite a bit, but I'm glad that they're not just cloning it in Florida.

Absolutely! Because the ride experience would be vastly different from what they already have in Orlando. Another looper would not. More than 99% of Universal Orlando's customers will never go to Universal Japan, so the ride would be quite unique to the vast majority of their customers. I don't mind clones so long as they're copies of good rides. For example, every park needs an El Toro clone.

*ahem*

I’ve got one more important item to note however about this coaster. A Screamscape source tells us that the article is wrong on a few important facts. They tell us that the coaster will have no inversions at all. It will instead have a ton of heavily banked and over-banked turns and one major unique feature… the world’s first non-inverting loop. It will look like a vertical loop at first, but the track will twist around as you go up allowing the train to go over the top of the loop upright, then twist and dive on the way down to keep you upright again.
-- Screamscape

This is the type of news I like to here at the beggining of my holiday. It's fantastic that Universal Orlando is getting a new rollercoaster, however doesn't the one in Hollywood need a new coaster. (Unless they can't build one for whatever reason, I could understand why they can't)

This announcement came as quiet a surprise for me! I think the ride itself has potential but as someone already stated previously, the name really blows. Would love to see an official layout of the ride! And what's up with Universal and coasters with enclosed lift hills? (Universal Osaka, IOA, and now USO) I think it looks cool!

I'm a bit of a traditionalist, so sorry to rain on a majority of people's parades in here, but I'm not really a fan. I mean, why can't Universal stick with what they are good at? I mean, everything that they have had in terms of attractions have been enclosed, do they really need an outside roller coaster? I think it just looks weird. Maybe I'm just overlooking the potential of this.

Well they did Hulk at Islands Of Adventure, and the Hollywood coaster in Japan, as well as the Dueling Dragons. So it isn't like they have never done an outside ride before, I'm sure they know what they're doing.

This ride looks cool, I don't really know what else to say about it. I don't know much about Maurer attractions. I'd like to see more concept art on this.. I feel like I know next to nothing about the ride.

X-Car restraints are appauling. They certainly keep you in whilst you're suspended upside down at 200ft, but they dig into your hips and ribs so much!!

Abismo left me with a few red marks, and G-Force... The less said the better. Saying that Abismo was awesome, but because it was quite spread out. Tight transitions on an X-car hurt bad!

A few comments, opinions, blah blah blah...

-I too also heard that it will not have any true inversions. (A separate source other than screamscape.)

-It IS Maurer-Sohne!!! Kids, follow along, read, and avoid the "OOH, I hope it's a..." speculation. More than likely, it's their X-car. The LAST thing Florida needs is ANOTHER (yawn) B&M.

-I'm actually a little excited for this ride. I really hope they do it "right" with all the theming and technology. I'm a big fan of really loud/chaotic experiences on rides, and the louder, the better. (No wonder I love major carnivals!) But, what I fear is lame soundtracks, low audio volume, and cheesey interactivity. It really depends on who they're trying to attract with this ride. If it's the "Hulk Riders", we may have a big winner on our hands.

EDIT:Typos

I love how the lift is enclosed, no to mention that below the lift or launch[since the renderings, notice how the car is blurry] is a giant LCD screen. Then right below that the coaster looks like it broke trough with screaming riders!

I really cant wait til my next trip!

Like they said its goig to be iconized or something like that!

CityWalk is awesome! I love how you can see the back of the Hulk, then when it launches ou hear a lod roar out of no where, and then pops out the coaster train!

DenDen how can you yawn at another B&M!??! Crazy man... crazy. lol.

This looks like it will be very nice addition to the park especially if it protrudes into the city walk. I always thought that City walk could use a little more screaming flying it's way through over head as you peruse the shops and bars.

Although it will be the tallest coaster in Central Florida and one of the fastest in the state

Is Tampa no longer considered "Central Florida?"

Anyway, I'd say the jury's still out on this one. The idea...good. The ride's maker....not so sure. But if Vekoma and Premier can make decent, reliable coasters in Florida, then I guess anything's possible.

Side bets on how often the lift breaks down?

I was there last month and was saying to my wife

they need a Non-looping Hyper. (she doesn't like loops) and I also really don't care for loops.

SO I think this is a great addition to the Park.

I stay at the Royal Pacific on site every year and can't wait till next spring.

As for the restraints what the other coasters have doesn't mean this will have the same restraints.

can't judge in yet

Im so glad this is my home park cause I usually don't travel out of state for coasters. I think it's a good addition to USO, yeah it is different from the norm but changing it up is good sometimes.

I'd say the only bad part about the ride is its name!

Side bets on how often the lift breaks down?

^Probably like once a week.