TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

After now being at Tokyo Disney Sea last week on the TPR tour...

This new part of IOA is definitely going to have to up the ante in themeing and general atmosphere of the place.

It isn't just the attractions, yes? No?

Thought I'd comment, IMhO.

Ok, does anyone have any proof that says they're retheming DD? Like a reliable source or something? It would make sense for them to do so but let's not speculate until we have some facts. please. On a slightly different note I noticed that construction hasn't started yet, one would think it would start soon. Any word on that yet?

Ok, does anyone have any proof that says they're retheming DD? Like a reliable source or something? It would make sense for them to do so but let's not speculate until we have some facts. please. On a slightly different note I noticed that construction hasn't started yet, one would think it would start soon. Any word on that yet?

http://z.about.com/d/themeparks/1/0/L/i/PotterPre3.jpg

Look in the middle of the picture, you can see dueling dragons re-painted and i've read many places, such as screamscape, that they were getting rethemed. Do you honestly think Island Of Adventure is stupid enought to take dueling dragons out?

Is it Dueling Dragons or is it the Flying Unicorn? I can't really see anything that even resembles the track layout of DD, but I can see the Flying Unicorn in there. Personally, I can't see DD as a ride that would fit with Harry Potter. I don't mean that thematically, but I mean that demographically. I can't imagine that the demographic they're trying to attract with a ride like DD is the same demo they're trying to attract with Harry Potter.

Not that I wish this to happen, but if there was a DD retheme...

*Quiddich (no, not my first choice, but possible)

*Other Dueling creatures from the HP universe

*The flying car (though that could be a separate coaster/theme/whatever)

*Valdemort something er ruther

*Hello Kitty and Batz Maru Ice Cream Race!

Personally, I can't see DD as a ride that would fit with Harry Potter. I don't mean that thematically, but I mean that demographically. I can't imagine that the demographic they're trying to attract with a ride like DD is the same demo they're trying to attract with Harry Potter.

Pure conjecture here, but HP does appeal to many people. Though they may be shooting for a family atmosphere, DD or whatever it ends up being, would be well suited to the teen/older fans. The trick is how well DD is blended in with the new area, if at all.

Proof? The entire area DD is part of is being rethemed to Harry Potter. What other proof do you really need? It's new story will involve the goblet of fire, btw.

I can't see them tearing out DD either, the legions of coaster fans everywhere would never forgive them if they did...me included. Keep in mind all of this is speculation until we see an official press release or something. BTW, I think the coaster in the bottom corner of the pic is DD, not FU

What do you mean by reroute? Like changing the layout of the ride?

No, just the queve line, I think if they re-routed that line, they could make it 5 miles longer! LOL, j/k I hope they shorten it up and expand the inside of the line for its really cool.

Does anyone see the DD castle becoming HP's Hogwarts. I mean think about it, 2 castles in one area, when theres only one HP castle, or DD's castle becoming an expansion off of the big castle because they wouldnt tear down the whole castle and rebuild something else, though they could theme it too the Forbidden Forest, or something IDK, just brainstorming here.

And as for the guy who wanted a Journey To The Center Of The Earth ride here in America, I think its possible with all the leftover land of AK, and thatd be like the best place to put it IMO.

Anyways, just pondering some possibilities...

Caleb "Maybe Im just being to analytical" Stone

1.) They are not tearing out DD or altering it's layout.

2.) DD's castle is not Hogwarts. That will be built on the other side of Flying Unicorn. DD's castle can be seen in the far right of the Potter concept art, with a new tent-like structure next to it.

I heard that the DD castle was going to become the Tri-Wiz Tournament, and that the Flying Unicorn is going to become Buckbeack: The Flying Hippogriff or something...any confirmation on either of these, and whats this project "strongarm" I keep hearing, can anyone explain this at all.

Strongarm is the new E-ticket being installed.

Ok! Not to be rude but they are NOT going to change the themeing of Dueling Dragons. They are going to change the themeing of Flying Unicorn. I work for Universal and I have been to classes about the Harry Potter section and one thing they made very clear is that they will NOT be Changing Dueling Dragons... and that you can see their parking garages from space. So now you know... Dueling Dragons will stay Dueling Dragons and that is that.

~Matthew

Classes? Anyway ... no one said they were changing the name. Just the story in the queue. Don't tell me they aren't planning it, as I've seen the concept art. I also know they were stopping people in a certain part of the queue to see if a new pre-show would be feasible.