TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

Where has it been said for sure Sinbad is being gutted for a ride? Or that there won't be a train to another attraction in the employee parking lot?

Not trying to be a dick, just want to know. All I've seen/heard is a bunch of speculation, so an article or something with more facts would be great!

Whorabunny, you're not saying B114 would be leveled I hope! It would suck for any IOA supervisors to be positioned anywhere else. I agree with the rest of what you said though. Anything else in the area could be moved relatively easily.

Well if everything is expanded out like I guess MIGHT happen, they could take over the existing B-1(I'm not sure of the number of the tower anymore, but the tower in the parking lot) because if everything is expanded out they would move perimeter road further out too, or B-114 might be saved and untouched. Also, its only my guess Sinbad would go, due to the fact its hidden, its a show, not alot of people know about it, the area is always dead, and in the article it said Mythos wont be touched..... pretty much meaning poseidon wont be touched either. I would hate to see sinbad village leveled due to the fact it has such a beautiful stage and awesome show, but its that or build behind Pizza Pred and I dont think that will happen due to the fact that if you were in JP you could see the back area of HP. Then it also takes away from JP ever expanding. Only time will tell

I think it's a pretty great move for Universal. Internationally Harry Potter is an hero and the Orlando's Park are visited by so many people from the world. For example this weekend I saw it in the news here at Colombia and is very unusual heard news here about coasters or themeparks but cause it is Harry Potter and it's Florida themepark the new will appear all oevr the world even 2 years before it open.

This whole thing is supposed to be pretty low budget... which is why they are pretty much re theming existing buildings. Destroying and rebuilding things that are essential for park operation pretty much go against that I think.

As for the the concept art not accurately describing whats going to be built is true, concept are never really is accurate but I think the general area that others have already described is a bit more accurate than what you have described.

When the article did mention a parking lot I think they were referring to that little part of landscaping parking lot, not anything beyond that.

Stop guessing and passing it off as fact.

i think its a stupid idea, i expect better from universal. if it does replace dueling dragons i will actualy destroy everything harry potter......ok yeah that'll be hard but duelling dragons is one of if not the best deuling rollercoaster's. when i go to parks like islands of adventure i want my faced ripped off by awsome rides, i dont wanna pretend im harry potter or go anywere near anything related to harry potter in theme parks. anyway iv wasted your time enough, just thought i'ld get that out of my system he he he

“We are going to devote more time, more money, more expertise and more executive talent from throughout our entire organization and creative team – as well as from Warner Bros., our partners – to ensure that

this entire environment is second-to-none,” said Tom Williams, chairman and CEO, Universal Parks

and Resorts.

Brad Globe, president of Warner Bros. Worldwide Consumer Products, added: “In Universal, we found the right partner whose unparalleled commitment will ensure that this is a world class destination. Their track record of success and the consistently high level of entertainment at all of their parks gave us the confidence to know that they will meet—or exceed— the extremely high expectations we all have for this project.”

This whole thing is supposed to be pretty low budget....
Yep, sure sounds like it.

Truth is, it may look different from the conceptual art in a million different ways, but one thing it won't be is cheap.

even if they change the themeing on dueling dragons thats still a massive part of the ride. the q-lines like a ride in itself. i just generaly think a harry potter theme is a rubbish idea but thats just me im sure there's millions of people that would love an awsome ride ruined by a big school and a load of people running round in wizard costumes.

I doubt very much that they will change the name or the theming of Dueling Dragons but rather incorporate them into the Harry Potter world with minor tweaks and adjustments to the "story" of the ride.

There's a pretty good theory on Screamscape of what could happen, I hope they don't redo the whole thing to be something else...

He may have meant "low budget" as in High in the Sky Seuss Trolley had a price tag of $70 million, and the Mummies combined added up to near $90 million. Universal seems to have adopted the Disney/Govermental "$80,00 hammer, $200,000 toilet seat" way of budgetting and spending! Mummy in FL should have been $30 mil tops, and $20 for Hollywoods. But either way, it's going to be expensive.

Here's the opinion of somebody who's never been to IOA but likes Harry Potter (me):

I've never been to IOA, but I've wanted to go for a really long time now. It's mostly been an "Oh yeah, I want to go ride the Hulk and Dueling Dragons" type thing. However, now that Harry Potter is coming it's more of an "OH MY GOD, I HAVE TO GO THERE IN 2010." And for those of you who are saying I'd only go once...heck no! I'd go multiple, multiple, multiple times. Now, take my opinion and multiply it by the millions of people who are also fans of the books/movies.

i would prefer the story line to remain the same. what you rather have, the current story line or a differant harry potter style story ?

A different one just to see your head explode...

Here's the opinion of somebody who's never been to IOA but likes Harry Potter (me):

I've never been to IOA, but I've wanted to go for a really long time now. It's mostly been an "Oh yeah, I want to go ride the Hulk and Dueling Dragons" type thing. However, now that Harry Potter is coming it's more of an "OH MY GOD, I HAVE TO GO THERE IN 2010." And for those of you who are saying I'd only go once...heck no! I'd go multiple, multiple, multiple times. Now, take my opinion and multiply it by the millions of people who are also fans of the books/movies.

Me too. A huge amount of my friends are so excited about this and are dying to go to IOA when it opens. They're already planning their trips. I want to move to Florida just to be closer

He may have meant "low budget" as in High in the Sky Seuss Trolley had a price tag of $70 million, and the Mummies combined added up to near $90 million. Universal seems to have adopted the Disney/Govermental "$80,00 hammer, $200,000 toilet seat" way of budgetting and spending! Mummy in FL should have been $30 mil tops, and $20 for Hollywoods. But either way, it's going to be expensive.

I wasn't going to post in this anymore, but thanks for pointing out what I meant.

That price tag includes two brand new rides (The Harry Potter and Simpson's rides) that probably aren't going to be all that cheep. I've heard that Spiderman was $100-$200 million by itself. I'm not saying the rides are going to be that expensive... or even that amazing, but yeah they won't be cheep. And I would think building the castle would take up a large portion of the money as well.

ha ha ha my head exploding would be pretty cool, even better if i could grow two heads more. fine im wrong but thats what i think. i guess im not really a harry potter fan, yeah iv read A book and seen all the movies but dont particuly enjoy them. besides busch gardens is the best park there anyway...in my opinion. so yeah, me i like it as it is, everyone else in the world wants harry potter i suppose thats the better idea. thankyou all for enlightening me on your thoughts, especially "jarmor".