TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

5 hours ago, Chiselphane said:

Just checking on thoughts on visiting Feb 13-14.   I think thats probably still relatively quiet in the parks but I havent been in a few years.  My youngest turns 11 in January so we are continuing the tradition of bringing the kids to Hogwarts, since they start wizard school at 11 in the books.

That's a fun tradition! They should still be doing Mardi Gras then as well. We are doing our first ever OI meetup Feb 3 & 4, it's the 19 year old's Christmas present since nothing I actually can buy and wrap up impresses him at this point, lol. 

The Universal Orlando Resort has announced the new "Illumination's Villain-Con Minion Blast" which will open at Universal Orlando in the Summer of 2023!

FjdgK34WQAM6w78.thumb.jpeg.0ef137a43602625e328ca118e8aa989b.jpeg

https://corporate.universalparks.com/its-so-much-fun-its-a-crime-universal-orlando-resort-announces-illuminations-villain-con-minion-blast-a-first-of-its-kind-diabolical-family-attraction-inspired-by-illuminations-popular-mi/

Next summer, guests will engage in loads of diabolical fun for kids, teens and adults as part of Universal Orlando Resort’s newest attraction, Illumination’s Villain-Con Minion Blast. Developed in partnership between Universal’s award-winning creative team and the acclaimed filmmakers from Illumination, this interactive, blaster game experience will invite guests to put their villainous skills to the test as they compete against each other in a bid to join the ranks of the franchise’s most infamous supervillains.

Villain-Con Minion Blast combines innovative screen technology, state-of-the-art gaming interactivity and elaborate physical sets to create a one-of-a-kind, game-based adventure where guests encounter immersive environments, nefarious villains and tons of mischievous Minions from Illumination’s films in a whole new way. The world-class attraction transports guests to Villain-Con – the biggest criminal convention on the planet – to take part in an epic competition to see if they have what it takes to become the newest member of The Vicious 6, a notorious group of supervillains from the hit film, “Minions: The Rise of Gru.” Guests who are up for the challenge will grab an interactive blaster and step onto a motion-based pathway to put their skills to the test. They’ll wind and glide through various scenes where they earn points by blasting a variety of items and causing as much mayhem and destruction as possible. It’s a unique, mischief-filled experience that’s so much fun, it’s a crime.

Villain-Con Minion Blast will open in Summer 2023 at Universal Studios Florida within the new Minion Land on Illumination Ave. This new area will also feature the fan-favorite Despicable Me Minion Mayhem attraction, a new Minion Café and other surprises inspired by popular characters from Illumination’s blockbuster franchises. 

More details about Illumination’s Villain-Con Minion Blast and Minion Land will be revealed in the months ahead. For more information about Universal Orlando Resort, visit www.universalorlando.com.

12 minutes ago, tndank said:

Moving walkway with screens and sets.  You can shoot and earn points.  

Seriously?  A standing dark ride?  Lame.

I don't even know if i'd go as far as to call it a dark ride.  Imagine being in one of those moving floor aquarium, but this time you have a blaster and random sets.  As far as I am concern this is a glorified game.  Not sure what universal was thinking with this one but we will see. . .

I'm super curious to see how much move around room you will have. Like will there be screens on both sides and if you're fast can you go back and forth? And if so how much havoc are the kids that are running around going to wreak on everyone else's stability? I mean you know some stupid teen is going to try and find a spot to get off the walkway and/or try to go backwards and/or stay in there for an indefinite amount of time. I taught middle school for almost 30 years, they're extremely devious, lol.

When we held the 1986 World's Fair (EXPO86) in Vancouver, Washington State had a pavilion, which consisted of a moving walkway (a travelator?) and huge screens to one side with images of the state were shown along with movie clips etc.

The amount of people (and not just kids) pushing by, to get going faster on the thing was ridiculous. I found that staying on the left side of the walkway (closer to the screens) was the best position to take, when a horde of people come by, who couldn't be bothered with relaxing, and letting the walkway do the work.

Unless there are separation 'things' of some kind to keep people in their place .... it could turn into a nightmare all created by the gp. Then again, with it being a shooting attraction, that might help keep people in their place on the walkway.

6 hours ago, Nrthwnd said:

When we held the 1986 World's Fair (EXPO86) in Vancouver, Washington State had a pavilion, which consisted of a moving walkway (a travelator?) and huge screens to one side with images of the state were shown along with movie clips etc.

The amount of people (and not just kids) pushing by, to get going faster on the thing was ridiculous. I found that staying on the left side of the walkway (closer to the screens) was the best position to take, when a horde of people come by, who couldn't be bothered with relaxing, and letting the walkway do the work.

Unless there are separation 'things' of some kind to keep people in their place .... it could turn into a nightmare all created by the gp. Then again, with it being a shooting attraction, that might help keep people in their place on the walkway.

Well I would assume a world class operation like Universal will have thought of these things.......but assuming is always dangerous, lol.  

• Haha 1

If this thing turns out to be popular, I expect a lot of similar systems to start showing up at other parks.

A moving walkway for a ride: indoors, can run in any weather, and easily changed for themes/ new overlays with sponsorship tie-ins.... Coming soon to most Six Flags.