TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

17 hours ago, SharkTums said:

It should have been "an epic battle between The Wolf Man, Dracula, The Mummy, and Brendan Fraser". 

Brendan just wandering around the park trying to get a coffee and all the monsters keep interfering

• Like 3

Universal has announced that Halloween will be the latest house to scare guests at this year's Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Florida and Universal Studios Hollywood!

https://www.universalorlando.com/hhn/en/us

upr-hhn-halloween-michael-myers-hero-cf-a.thumb.jpg.76590d7a7700f2888b579582ca3a37aa.jpg

Halloween

Gather your friends and visit Haddonfield, Illinois, where Michael Myers is about to don his mask and embark on his first brutal spree. Silent. Merciless. Relentless. He’s the embodiment of pure evil. You don’t want to go alone as you go back to where it all began. This year, step into the original 1978 horror classic, Halloween.

2 hours ago, Hilltopper39 said:

Kind of a "boring" house as far as something that we've seen before, many many times, but it's a popular franchise so I get it. Should still be a fun house, and sell a ton of merch I guess.

Halloween Ends comes out this October, so it's a match made in hell ;)

• Like 1

Universal Orlando has announced that Universal's Great Movie Escape, two themed escape rooms inspired by Back to the Future and Jurassic World are coming to Universal CityWalk!

1423549471_FVJZ0t9WYAMZj3B(1).thumb.jpeg.a0d6fce7cbc981498645f1f12ca495d5.jpeg

Universal Orlando Resort will soon debut Universal’s Great Movie Escape – featuring two escape rooms. Packed with innovative storytelling and theming, the destination is inspired by Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment’s blockbuster films Jurassic World and Back to the Future.

Concepted and designed by the same creative masterminds responsible for the wildly immersive haunts of Halloween Horror Nights, Universal’s Great Movie Escape will bring two distinct and extraordinary escape adventures to the heart of Universal CityWalk.

Through interactive state-of-the-art missions, captivating storytelling and intricately detailed sets, guests will be swept into the dinosaur adventures of Jurassic World or the time-traveling chaos of Back to the Future.

• Like 2

On 6/9/2022 at 10:09 AM, PKI Jizzman said:

Halloween Ends comes out this October, so it's a match made in hell ;)

If it's anything like Halloween Kills then it'll be a match made in hot horseshit.  Seriously, how was Halloween 2018 so damn good but Halloween Kills one of the worst flicks in recent years?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, KBrylczyk said:

If it's anything like Halloween Kills then it'll be a match made in hot horseshit.  Seriously, how was Halloween 2018 so damn good but Halloween Kills one of the worst flicks in recent years?

The need to make every pop culture property into a trilogy whether it deserves it or not? Get all the good stuff out of the way first to get people on the line for an utterly disappointing and mediocre set of second and third installments.

Universal has announced that The Horrors of Blumhouse featuring Freaky and The Black Phone is the newest house to be featured at this year's Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Florida and Universal Studios Hollywood!

https://www.universalorlando.com/hhn/en/us

upr-hhn-horrors-of-blumhouse-hero-a.thumb.jpg.9b9227dbec7a6f238bf0e11bc353d777.jpg

The Horrors of Blumhouse

Step inside a new double-feature of Blumhouse horror. Your scream squad will find yourselves trapped between a frantic teen and the ruthless serial killer she’s swapped bodies with in Freaky. Then, you’ll try to make a desperate escape from the dark basement of The Grabber before you become his latest victim in the terrifying The Black Phone.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm starting to wonder if Universal flooded worse than what has been reported. BGT and Disney are almost fully open save for a few random rides but Queue Times shows 3 rides open on the Studios side and IOA is still saying 100% closed.

Edit: Spoke too soon. Looks like they got everything running except the water rides and Hulk.

Some quick disjointed thoughts from my family's recent trip two weeks ago, where we got the eff outta Dodge just before Ian touched down...

• My daughter just recently hit the 51" height requirement and was able to ride both Velocicoaster and Rip Ride Rocket. Unfortunately she didn't really like either coaster all that much; RRR was way too rough for her, and Velocicoaster (in her own words) "was too fast and made my cheeks flap in the wind". Go figure.

• She ended up loving Hagrid's though, as did my famously non-coaster-fan wife, who has now proclaimed Hagrid's to be her new number one coaster, dethroning Oscar's Wacky Taxi. We also got really lucky when it came to the wait time; both times, the wait was posted at 60 minutes, and it ended up being approximately 25 minutes from entering the queue line. We were able to get a mid-day ride as well as a night ride just before closing on Thursday, and Hagrid's in the dark was a phenomenal experience!

• We also knocked Pteranodon Flyers off the list, since it's probably my daughter's last and only chance to ride it before she sprouts up even further. Can we get more coasters that use Wave Swinger seats, please?

• Kinda funny though that she can ride the two most intense coasters in the park, yet an S&S drop tower with a 52" height requirement is just a step too far. They did give her a certificate after measuring up that can be used for a single-use Express pass on that ride once she gets tall enough, so that's a nice touch!

• Finally got a chance to ride the East Coast version of Revenge of the Mummy now that it's reopened from its refurbishment, and going in only with the West Coast version to compare it to, it's definitely the superior version of the two. I especially loved the fakeout ending!

• We did Halloween Horror Nights on Wednesday, the 21st with Express passes. We stuck around and grabbed a late lunch/early dinner at Finnegan's while they were closing off the stay and scream areas, and that afforded us the chance to knock out Halloween and Spirits of the Coven before the park officially opened to everyone. It was our first time at HHN and the production value on these houses was insane. Definitely clear though that they go more for repeatability over giving actors the freedom to improvise, since it seemed like a lot of the vocal cues were audio triggers in just about every house. With the express passes, we were able to knock out all ten of the houses in just under 6 hours.

• Favorite houses of the batch? #1, Dead Man's Pier: Winter's Wake. OMG, the scale of this thing... it took my breath away. #2, The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare. It was certainly unique, nothing quite like it that I've seen at other haunts! #3, Halloween. I love the John Carpenter original and this house was very faithful to the movie, and Michael got me a bunch of times.

• Least favorite house? Hellblock Horror, which really didn't make much sense thematically at all... I guess, prison escape, but monsters, but then aliens? Sure, I guess. Special consideration to Bugs: Eaten Alive, which was really well done, but ew ew ew ew ewwww ick. And the Blumhouse double feature house was great, but if you haven't seen the movies, you won't have any clue just what the hell's going on there. Having my kids attempt to explain the plot of The Black Phone to me after walking through the houses was hilarious. "Sooo... I think if you touch the phone, you die!" Yup, nailed it.

• We had lunch at Mythos on Thursday afternoon, and just wow. The octopus... mmmm. So good. Loved the decor, all the food was top notch, would definitely eat here again. Absolutely one of my favorite sit-down restaurants I've been to at any park to date.

• We used our third day of the 3-day tickets to hang out at Volcano Bay on Saturday for a few hours, but we were pretty wiped out after doing Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom on Friday night. We only ended up spending about 4 hours here before calling it and retiring back to our hotel, where we got some lunch, reserved a lane for bowling at Galaxy Bowl, and just took it easy before heading to Busch Gardens on Sunday. Still one of my favorite outdoor water parks I've been to!

Overall, we had an excellent time at Universal, though I really wish we had more time to spend taking it easy. Doing this trip with four people compared to two 100% made things tougher when trying to stay on schedule, and in the future, I'd probably make sure we had at least a full 2 days at each park to really be able to explore, see the shows, and take our time without being locked into a hard and fast schedule. We'll definitely be back in the future, though at this point, probably not until Epic Universe opens.

• Like 6

Universal Orlando Resort has announced their holiday offerings for 2022!

546973139_TheGrinchFriendsCharacterBreakfastReturnstoUniversalOrlando.thumb.jpg.511338c913546354c5a8ec0776ab716d.jpg

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/events/holidays-at-universal

Universal Orlando Resort guests can take the merriment of the destination’s Holidays celebration to the next level with additional festive experiences select dates from November 12 through January 1, 2023 – including embarking on an exclusive guided tour of this year’s event during Universal’s Holiday Tour and encountering the mean, green one himself, the Grinch, while enjoying a delicious breakfast during the popular The Grinch & Friends Character Breakfast. Plus, guests can enjoy a spectacular slate of holiday festivities that include special dining, décor and entertainment across all eight Universal Orlando hotels.

See below for details about the one-of-a-kind experiences guests can add to their holiday getaway at Universal Orlando:

Universal’s Holiday Tour

On select dates, guests can enjoy a guided tour filled with unique experiences and special access to the beloved holiday entertainment taking place across Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure, such as:

• Meeting the maven of mischief, the Grinch, and his faithful dog, Max, while enjoying a delicious hot cocoa bar with small bites and desserts at Circus McGurkus Café Stoo-pendous in Universal’s Islands of Adventure
  • Access to reserved seating at the “Grinchmas Who-liday Spectacular” – a live retelling of Dr. Seuss’s holiday classic, “How the Grinch Stole Christmas,” in Universal’s Islands of Adventure
  • Enjoying a meet-and-greet and photo opp with Santa Claus in Universal Studios Florida (includes one digital download photo)
  • Capping off the night in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade at Universal’s Islands of Adventure with an exclusive, after-hours showing of “The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle” – a stunning projection of holiday spirit and Christmas moments inspired by the beloved “Harry Potter” stories brought to life on the majestic Hogwarts castle

Universal’s Holiday Tour is available on select dates beginning November 13 through January 1, 2023 and can be booked by visiting www.universalorlando.com/holidays. Pricing starts at $79.99 (plus tax) and separate theme park admission with a 2-Park 1-Day Park-to-Park ticket is required.

Annual and Seasonal Passholders receive a $10 discount per ticket per passholder with a valid Annual or Seasonal Pass. Tickets can be purchased by calling 1-866-346-9350 between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. EDT daily or by visiting the UOAP Lounge in Universal Studios Florida. Regular Seasonal and Power Pass blockout dates apply.

The Grinch & Friends Character Breakfast at Universal’s Islands of Adventure

The popular dining experience, The Grinch & Friends Character Breakfast, is back this year for Universal Orlando’s Holidays celebration – allowing guests to start their day with a delicious breakfast and appearances by some of their favorite Dr. Seuss characters, including the Grinch. Guests also receive access to one digital download photo as a keepsake from their encounter with the Grinch during this special opportunity.

The Grinch & Friends Character Breakfast takes place in Circus McGurkus Café Stoo-pendous in Universal’s Islands of Adventure on select dates from November 12 through December 29, 2022 and can be booked by visiting www.universalorlando.com/holidays.

Pricing for this experience is $41.99 (plus tax) for adults and $26.99 (plus tax) for children and separate theme park admission is required. Annual and Seasonal Passholders can take advantage of a 20% discount on the dining experience’s ticketed price when purchased in person at the front gate or a Guest Services location with a valid Annual or Seasonal Pass. Regular Seasonal and Power Pass blockout dates apply.

The Holiday Festivities Continue at Universal’s Hotels

The awesomest celebration of the season continues at all eight Universal Orlando Resort hotels, complete with festive décor that perfectly complements each hotel’s individual theme, holiday feasts and special activities filled with holiday cheer for the whole family. Universal hotel guests can enjoy special menus for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s holidays, menorah lighting ceremonies, holiday crafts for kids and more. Plus, select hotels offer additional holiday entertainment that includes Christmas tree lightings, strolling carolers and more.

Universal Orlando’s Holidays celebration kicks off Saturday, November 12 and runs daily through Sunday, January 1, 2023, and features an amazing collection of festivities that range from traditional merriments to irreverent twists on holiday classics – including Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Grinchmas, Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s and live concerts by Mannheim Steamroller (on select nights). Guests can now take advantage of incredible offers to experience all the fun, including getting four days of theme park thrills for the price of a two-day ticket with the “Buy 2 Days, Get 2 Days Free” offer or saving 30% on a special vacation package that includes five-night accommodations at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort or Universal’s Aventura Hotel, five days of access to Universal Orlando’s theme parks and exclusive hotel benefits.

For more information about the Holidays at Universal Orlando Resort, visit www.universalorlando.com/holidays.

• Like 1