TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 623 - New Epic Universe details, including Celestial Park!

I made my first visit to Universal today and managed 3 rides on Velocicoaster. This coaster really lives up to all the hype. The barrel roll over the water is my favorite part, but there also isn't a single dead spot on this coaster. It's a blast from start to finish! Seriously, get to Orlando and ride this!

It is also a capacity monster. The line average around an hour but was often 30-45 minutes too. With four-train operation and 50-second dispatches, the line moved very fast. It also had incredible uptime, and only went down (along with every other ride in the park) for about 2 hours mid-day when a rainstorm passed through.

I also rode Hagrid, which impressed me quite a bit. It was faster and more intense than expected. I never rode Dueling Dragons, so I cannot comment on whether this was a worthy replacement, but it was more popular than VC all day, pulling 90+ minute waits. So the public seems to enjoy it. It's not quite the capacity monster like VC but it didn't go down once during my 90-minute queue time and consistently pumped out trains, so hopefully most kinks are worked out with this coaster by now. It's a great ride and I'm looking forward to riding on the bike since I rode in the sidecar this time.

Hulk was also a HUGE surprise. It was glossy smooth (in the back left seat) and extremely intense and AWESOME. People seem to rave about Kumba but I honestly prefer Hulk. It's not only smoother but also has that sweet launch into the barrel roll and a more unique layout. This may be my favorite B&M looper in Florida - and there is some good competition in that category.

Overall with VC, Hagrid, and Hulk, this park has an unmatchable one-two-three punch for the coaster people, aside from all the other incredible experiences that park offers. We did make it over to the studios park near the end of the day and snagged a ride on Escape from Gringotts (which was loads of fun), but I plan on riding Hollywood RRR and Mummy later this week. Can't wait!

• Like 4

I am heading down there on Friday June 25th to check out Velocicoaster and we got Express Unlimited for both parks.  How long are the lines for Express Unlimited?  I just remembered I made visit to CP when SV opened and it was 30+ min wait for FL+.  I am wondering if it's the same here at both parks for the major attractions.   

Just bought my ticket, unfortunately only one day for me. FYI it took about 4 hours for my tickets to email or appear in my account... so don't freak if you don't get your tickets right away.

More excited for Velocicoaster, but can't go there with HHN the same night, as much as I hate what it has become. Hoping for a good year!

The Universal Orlando Resort has announced that the icon Jack "The Clown" Schmidt will return to this year's Halloween Horror Nights!

MEDIA-SITE-JACK.thumb.jpeg.52d5157bb283bdf0a2f455ed5d2b314c.jpeg

https://media.universalorlando.com/press-releases/jack-returns-to-hhn-2021/

Jack the Clown returns as the demented face of Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights as the world’s premier Halloween event commemorates its 30th year – and select tickets and vacation packages are now on sale inviting guests to stay, scream and save. Halloween Horror Nights kicks off on Friday, September 3 and continues on select nights through Sunday, October 31, 2021.

The most notorious icon in event history, Jack’s return to Halloween Horror Nights 2021 will be fraught with terror and fear as the grisly circus clown invades every corner of this year’s event with unsuspecting “Jack Attacks” that will send guests running for their lives. His ominous and unrelenting presence will infiltrate every aspect of the event – from the streets, to the haunted houses to the places guests would least expect – leaving nowhere to turn and nowhere to hide.

Select tickets are on sale now for Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights, featuring a variety of ways for guests to customize their visit to stay, scream and save. Guests can save up to $52 on a single night event ticket when purchasing online, and book various event upgrades like the R.I.P. Tours, a guided tour experience that provides priority V.I.P. access to the haunted houses; Behind the Screams: Unmasking the Horror Tours, a daytime, lights-on tour of the haunted houses that offers a glimpse into how the scares are brought to life; and more.

Guests can also save up to $200 on vacation packages, starting at $149 per person, per night (based on a family of four), that include hotel accommodations, tickets to Universal Orlando’s theme parks and one-night admission to Halloween Horror Nights 2021. Universal Orlando hotel guests also receive exclusive benefits, including access to a dedicated entry gate for the event (with valid event admission), complimentary transportation to Universal’s theme parks and Universal CityWalk, and access to an all-new, limited-time “Jack’d Up” experience at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort – where guests get a closer look into the chaotic world of Jack and some of the sinister environments inspired by his past invasions of Halloween Horror Nights. Plus, the hotel’s Swizzle Lounge lobby bar will transform into the “Horror Icons Bar,” featuring specialty beverages and snacks inspired by the event’s most infamous icons, and props and costumes that pay an eerie homage to Halloween Horror Nights past.

Additional details about Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood will be revealed soon.  For more information and to purchase tickets to Universal Orlando’s event, visit www.Orlando.HalloweenHorrorNights.com.

For a deeper history into Jack the Clown, the Universal Orlando Blog published a unique look at this infamous icon...

Jack-the-Clown-Returns-to-Halloween-Horror-Nights-30.jpeg.4448f8233eb0661b175a7aae8efe73c4.jpeg

https://blog.universalorlando.com/events/jack-the-clown-at-halloween-horror-nights/

Coulrophobia is defined as having an abnormal fear of clowns. When it comes to Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights (HHN), it’s a fear that has become warranted. If you look back on the history of the event there is one being that has appeared time and again to reign carnage and chaos on its patrons. A being with a malicious face done up with the white and green greasepaint, a red nose, and fiery hair of a clown.

This year marks 30 years of fears for HHN at Universal Orlando Resort, making it a twisted celebration of the last three decades of the event. In addition to continuing to bring in some of the biggest names of the horror genre as haunted houses and scare zones, the creative Entertainment teams are also bringing back your favorite original characters and icons, including Jack the Clown. Love him or hate him (like my friend who can’t even look at pictures of him because she dislikes clowns so much), it’s only appropriate that Jack is amongst those returning. After all, he was the first original icon that was created for HHN and has grown to become recognized as the unofficial “face” of the event.

I met with two of the minds who have helped mold this infamous persona into what you see today, Senior Director of Creative Development Michael Aiello and James Keaton, the performer who has embodied Jack since the start. To truly celebrate and understand the mayhem of Jack, we’ll rewind and start from the beginning.

“What do people fear? What do they want to see, what don’t they want to see?” Michael Aiello begins. “We used to do surveys and we always got fear of spiders, the dark, and clowns. Clowns were always number one. The Art & Design team at the time took that thought and the rest they say is history. But nobody knew Jack would become what Jack is now.”

Jack-the-Clown-Michael-Aiello.jpeg.9b031537f36534d48e89b372243fd640.jpeg

Senior Director of Creative Development Michael Aiello and James Keaton as Jack the Clown in 2015

Jack’s Beginning

For 20 years Jack the Clown has been tormenting visitors to Halloween Horror Nights, making his first appearance back in 2000. His full backstory is quite extensive and dark, which hinders me from sharing his whole history, but here’s the abbreviated version. (You can easily do a search online and find the full story if you’d like.)

Jack-the-Clown-at-Halloween-Horror-Nights.jpeg.baf6ca6d9aa65ea5d955e7760d64bd69.jpeg

Jack the Clown, Halloween Horror Nights 2010

Jack Schmidt was a carnival performer who was part of a circus troupe led by a gentleman named Dr. Oddfellow. Turns out Jack was a clown with murderous tendencies (shocker), which typically doesn’t bode well for a show that is supposed to make families laugh. Jack confided in Oddfellow about his heinous actions and  — long story short — Oddfellow betrayed Jack, murdered him, and kept his body inside a Jack in the Box for years until he was later accidentally released, unleashing something even more evil and diabolically powerful. He exacted vengeance on Oddfellow and then became the ringmaster of his own traveling circus, Carnival of Carnage. 

On paper, the story of Jack the Clown is evidence enough that our Entertainment team’s interpretation of coulrophobia was going to be successful. But the next challenging step was to bring this original character to life. No small feat considering Universal Studios is known for creating the most iconic monsters in the horror genre.

Creating an Icon

One of the challenges the Art & Design team had to think through was how to create a scary clown who was different from the clowns guests were seeing in the movies at that time, but still evoked that same uncomfortable and terrifying feeling. You’ve seen them, the clown with the red balloon and a particular comic book villain who fancied purple suits. 

The first step, design the look.

Behind-the-Scenes-Jack-the-Clown-Design.jpeg.d612d46bc7bdc671d7069daec559b295.jpeg

Behind the scenes of Jack the Clown’s makeup process

“Physicality was all about that makeup, wig, and the nails,” says James Keaton. “The sculpts started real ornate with big cheekbones and chin and these sharp nails. I always carefully place my hands as I think of them as his killing tools.”

Jack’s makeup and wardrobe would change with his various appearances throughout the years; his makeup became more decayed while his wardrobe a little sleeker (more on this later). However, the base look was there with the angular face sculpting matched with the unique coloring of his face paint and wild hair. To complete the look, a set of demonic eyes peered out through the paint while grotesque teeth filled an unnerving grin.

“At the time, the teeth kind of dictated some of the speech,” explains Keaton. “I do sort of my own natural nasalness, which kind of became the basis of the voice. And then the laugh was the only thing I really came up with.”

OK, guys. If there’s one thing that is the most iconic part of Jack, it’s his laugh. Being able to sit in a room and hear from Keaton how he created it AND THEN perform it for you!? These are the moments my little HHN fangirl heart lives for that I’m sure many of you can relate to. Anyway, back to Keaton…

“Most of the time the initial beginning [of the laugh] is like a roar,” Keaton demonstrates. “I always pictured that it was a blast of anger and then it would trickle into a clown laugh. I figured that makes him a little different with more of a beastial, guttural roar.”

Now Keaton may say the only thing he really came up with is Jack’s laugh but according to Aiello, he’s just being humble. If you are continuously asked to come back and play a character, there’s more than just a laugh that you’re bringing to the table.

Halloween-Horror-Nights-2006.jpeg.db98df78021d078fc596f2b297d156bc.jpeg

Jack-the-Clown-Halloween-Horror-Nights-2006.jpeg.730d1ed2b22489b1d3428f664bf1a21a.jpegJack the Clown video shoot for Halloween Horror Nights 2006

“The minute you saw him [Keaton] on camera you knew he was Jack,” says Aiello. “When we’re thinking about new backstories and ways to evolve the character, the first thing that pops up is what would James do? How would James react if we put this element in there? There is no other person that can really play Jack the way James plays Jack.”

The stage is set. You have the character’s story and look created. The right talented individual has been cast to bring him to life. Jack’s first appearance was a massive success, creating the first of what would become known as the HHN icons. Now the question comes down to how do you continue to grow and evolve a persona fans have come to love without overusing them?

“It’s not are you, it’s when?” explains Aiello. “When are you bringing Jack back? What’s he going to do next? We’re never just going to throw him out there and let him do what he does. There’s always a reason and a story to back up why he’s appeared.”

The Evolution

Jack-the-Clown-Halloween-Horror-Nights-2021.jpeg.ef81a56d30fcaf21cc7f2a3d29f20017.jpeg

Jack the Clown returns for Halloween Horror Nights 2021

After his grand debut in 2000, Jack the Clown popped up a few more times, most notably in 2007 when he first invited us to his Carnival of Carnage and in 2015 when he brought his carnival back for the 25th anniversary. For the HHN super fans, yes, I know he has shown up more, but I specifically call out these three years because they are when we see his three stages of evolution thus far: the vengeful clown, the carnival ringmaster, and the demonic rockstar.

“In year one of Jack he was just a massively chaotic and creepy clown,” Keaton recalls. “At first, he was just a scary clown, right? I didn’t really find Jack until I was let loose around the streets of downtown [Orlando] that first year.”

Keaton shared some hilarious stories from when he stalked innocent pedestrians and, in character, delivered Jack in the Boxes to news media outlets. This included one station that refused to take the box from him and he threw it on the floor, kicked the door open, and ran through the fountain outside of their office before hopping in a van.

“I wasn’t intimidated. I wasn’t an actor. I was just pure Jack,” laughs Keaton. “Jack is unpredictable because he wants you to enjoy his show but at the same time he’s debating in his head on how to end you.”

As Jack continued to appear at HHN, his story matured going from a scary clown to creating his own carnival troupe with Keaton personifying him every step of the way.

Jack-the-Clown-The-Carnival-of-Carnage-Show.jpeg.abba654e4552cb73e1d6767f1355e2cc.jpeg

The Carnival of Carnage from Halloween Horror Nights 2007

“If you look at the Carnage show in 2007, he was way more into being funny and entertaining because he was still a clown,” explains Keaton. “Then for 2015, the show was much more about how disturbing and cunning he’s become. It wasn’t about the laughs, it was about the fact that the audience is there cheering him on and enjoying it.”

“The fun part becomes, OK, so he’s existed, what are the new ways we can present him?” Aiello elaborates. “What are some of the story attributes that we can create that evolve him just enough to show progression without changing or eliminating what people love about the character.”

Going back to that thought, Aiello shared that the people’s love for Jack is what truly made 2015 a pivotal story point for the character. First off, his physical appearance changed significantly, donning a new coat (Jack looks great in coats) and overall appearing more aged and decayed — a look that Aiello said took three iterations until they perfected a version that showed a lot more of Keaton’s subtle mannerisms. But the standout difference in 2015 was Jack’s persona shift into what Keaton described as becoming a cult-like leader.

Jack-the-Clown-Halloween-Horror-Nights-2015.jpeg.fffa861dcdc12cbf1d4ee0584f8dea3e.jpeg

Jack the Clown, Halloween Horror Nights 2015

“I [Jack] was more the engine of the show while the audience is the actual brawn,” says Keaton. “I didn’t have to get my hands dirty because they were going to do the work. That’s where the chaos is where I’m smarter than you all and I know it and I can make you want to do the evil deed yourself.”

“If he’s had the circus for that long, how would he reinvent himself?” asks Aiello. “The maniacal and murderous qualities are still there, but now there’s the recognition of the showman aspect that he knows you like to watch.”

Jack’s Maniacs

Jack-the-Clown-in-The-Carnage-Returns-at-Halloween-Horror-Nights-25.jpeg.b9081648def8a8212eb1138d9d40cac7.jpeg

Halloween-Horror-Nights-2015-The-Carnage-Returns.jpeg.1d3a9e7496a17b6a9af0a0ddf2da0ad7.jpeg

The Carnage Returns, Halloween Horror Nights 2015

There’s something about Jack that makes you both want to run in the other direction but at the same time sit down and grab a drink with him. Maybe it’s his sadistic yet hilarious jokes that draw people to him or the cool confidence he exudes on the stage amongst the raging chaos, but he’s developed a cult following appropriately named Jack’s Maniacs.

“Not only is he maniacal and chaotic, but he is someone you kind of want to hang out with,” chuckles Aiello. “I think that’s one of the most interesting qualities about him that sets him apart from the other icons.”

“The fans have been really cool,” Keaton shares. “I’ll meet people like this one couple who said they moved down here because of Horror Nights and I’m just like, ‘Whoa!’ Because to me, it’s a job like the other jobs I do here, but then I hear something like that and it’s rewarding.” 

The 25th anniversary made Jack’s Maniacs official and at the helm was his first original follower and protege Chance. We were first introduced to Chance back in 2007 when she joined Jack as part of his Carnival of Carnage troupe. And I’d hate to burst your bubble, but there’s nothing romantic about this twisted partnership.

Chance-and-Jack-The-Carnival-of-Carnage.jpeg.e83aee87a95afde9e93591c74bbd1dfe.jpeg

Chance alongside Jack during the Carnival of Carnage at Halloween Horror Nights 2007

“My take on it is that it’s much more like I’m a mentor and this is my next protege,” says Keaton. “There’s something demented about her that he relates to and he trained her over the years. You really saw it in 2015 when I leaned on her to run the show.”

The following year saw Chance taking the spotlight in a mind-blowing performance, but lurking in the shadows was the lingering presence of Jack and the burning question of when will we see him return?

Scrying Jack’s Future

“To get real geeky and complex, I look at 30 as sort of a comic book annual,” Aiello explains about this year’s event. “It’s a collection of everything you love about Halloween Horror Nights and celebrating all these original characters and stories.”

For those who aren’t familiar with the comic book analogy, an annual is a special extra issue published in a series. A lot of times annuals are out of continuity of the series or sometimes they’re standalone stories, which is a similar case with Jack this year. It’s more of a celebration of this beloved character, so you’ll see all three of his forms pop up throughout the event.

Jack-the-Clown-Halloween-Horror-Nights-30.jpeg.9a991d9f1da7c83ac50c3d67a55c30f1.jpeg

Jack the Clown returns for Halloween Horror Nights 2021

“It’s not about the next evolution for him [this year],” Keaton says. “It’s kind of a separate story that’s not part of the ongoing series. So enjoy it, and then when you see him next time, maybe we’ll see what’s next for him.”

Maybe he’ll take a long hiatus from his touring carnival or venture over to one of the other Universal parks like he’s done in the past. Keaton and Aiello kicked around some fun story ideas like exploring more about Oddfellow or even his time before he was a clown, diving into his relationship with his brother Eddie, or my personal favorite, baby Jack (probably not even feasible but it’s a pretty funny mental picture!).

No matter when or where, it’s a safe bet that he’ll be making a triumphant return at some point. It will always be for a purpose, Aiello promises, whether there’s a new story hook or a way to represent him with a new texture or tone that pervades the rest of the event.

“I think there’s an ownership and a love for that character that is gonna keep him alive,” Aiello finishes. “I like when fans come to me and go, ‘you know what you should have done or what you shouldn’t have done?’. We’re simply a caretaker for these characters, and I think the fans are the same way because they love it so much. I’ll never say every idea we do is a great idea, but every idea I can say is done out of love and respect for these characters.”

“It’s always fun exploring something new,” Keaton says. “I’m very lucky to have gotten to be this character that has had such a big personality. And with a whole new generation of fans who have never met Jack, it will be fun for them to see him.”

Jack-the-Clown-Returns-to-Halloween-Horror-Nights-2015.jpeg.0458372566efdb7d6549c8262dc931f1.jpeg

Jack the Clown, Halloween Horror Nights 2015

• Like 1

My first visit to Halloween Horror Nights was Jack's first year. Our little group loved it when he popped up in other attractions like  Earthquake and Terminator.

• Like 3

I have a question about Universal Orlando Annual Passes:

If I visited the park on a dated ticket and decided I wanted to get an annual pass, am I able to upgrade that ticket to a pass with the difference of the ticket price knocked off of the pass?

1 hour ago, Midgetman82 said:

I have a question about Universal Orlando Annual Passes:

If I visited the park on a dated ticket and decided I wanted to get an annual pass, am I able to upgrade that ticket to a pass with the difference of the ticket price knocked off of the pass?

Traditionally you are allowed to do this as long as you do it either before the ticket is redeemed or at Guest Relations before you leave the park on the day you’ve used your ticket. The only catch there being that if you decide to upgrade your ticket to a pass that would be blocked out on the day you visit, they may not let you apply that value towards the lower tier annual pass, only one that would not be blocked out from visiting on the day you’re there.

Thank you!!

It would mean I'd only have to pay, like, $10 to get the cheapest AP once at the park with my multi-day ticket, and I was deciding if I wanted to get it before or during my visit since the ticket guarantees me early access on my visit this summer.

What's the best way to get into early entry from Royal Pacific? The line to get into City Walk stretches down the sidewalk to the hotel. Does the boat essentially skip the line or do you just have to get in line at 7am an hour before park/early entry open?

This trip has been has been euphoric and torture. It takes SO long to get in the park either by boat or waiting in the painful line to city walk with only 2 metal detectors. Even waking up at 630am isn't early enough. 

The day is over after dinner thanks to weather and it's so frustrating because the radar willl be clear then storms pop off at any moment. We've been cleared out of so many lines at night we have 4 Velocicoaster passes and 2 Hagrids passes so at least today the last day will be decent. 

ET has had major issues and so has Rip Ride Rocket so over 4 days we likely won't get on them, bummer.

But anyways the rides and attractions are awesome when you get on them. Bourne was really cool!

Everyone sends thoughts and prayers to Universal today please let this be a good last day 🤣 

• Like 3

I booked thru a travel agent and received Early Park Access on my ticket for the two days I was there. It was extremely smooth getting into the park for me Monday and Tuesday, but of course that meant waking up at the ungodly hour of 5am and arriving there AT 6:30am. 😅 You only really need to do EPA if you LOVE IoA potter stuff, or you're a morning bird who isn't planning to do night rides and want to get the park over with sooner.

Huge crowds did form at entry and security closer to noon, with the afternoon seeing huge security lines backed all the way to the parking structure trying to get in to either parks (at least according to a friend).

Park was fantastic, weather was fantastic(ly HOT! Holy cow, that morning humidity was insane). So many new attractions I finally got to try ever since my last visit when Dragon Challenge was still operating in 2017: Hagrids, Bourne Stuntacular, Fast and the Furious, Transformers, revamp-ed Hulk, aaand VelociCoaster.

VelociCoaster was absolutely worth the hype, all the more with really great operations allowing me SIX rides between the two days I was there (Day 1: two in morning + one night ride. Day 2: three consecutive morning rides). I had been using the single riders line on the first day thinking I was getting there quicker, but I made the better choice on day two to wait in the full 60 minute stand-by queue. Not only was I getting the full themed queue with the cool effects and lovely extended-queue views, but the line moved MUCH more consistently and guaranteed me one front-row (kindly requested) ride!

The trains are indeed incredibly comfortable to me as well, the ejector airtime is plentiful (more airtime moments front seat, but more powerful airtime in back seat), the inversions and launches are super-sweet as-is the pacing of the whole ride, and the theming through the ride is stellar too!

I'm also one that appreciates any coaster with good path interaction, and this coaster may be one of the best with with the top hat dropping near path and queue, the top-gun stall directly over path (no nets, ftw!), the huge overbanks over the bridge, and that roll over the lagoon grazing past extended queue folks!

This hit a LOT of things I love most in coasters. It might be my personal new #1!

E5Ipr-2XMAInrTv.thumb.jpeg.2e838b623aa14168e3dd2e7face910c3.jpeg

P.S.: After finally experiencing Fast and Furious, I no longer think it deserved the hate it's received.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Universal has sent us information on a brand-new haunted house for Halloween Horror Nights 2021, based on The Haunting of Hill House Netflix series!

1806150573_UniversalStudiosHalloweenHorrorNightstoDebutNewMazesInspiredbyNetflixsTheHauntingofHillHouseThisFall.thumb.jpg.ed40f36e5e19d325a9295988be099997.jpg

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS’ “HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS” TO DEBUT ALL-NEW MAZES
AT UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT AND UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD
INSPIRED BY NETFLIX’S CRITICALLY-ACCLAIMED SERIES
“THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE,” BEGINNING THIS SEPTEMBER

Orlando, Fla., Universal City, CA (July 8, 2021) – For the first time ever, Netflix’s critically-acclaimed series “The Haunting of Hill House” will bring its ominous presence to Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood in all-new mazes for “Halloween Horror Nights 2021,” which is officially back beginning in September.

Upon its release, Netflix’s “The Haunting of Hill House” became a worldwide phenomenon of unsettling proportions that elevated the horror television genre. Created, directed and executive-produced by horror mastermind Mike Flanagan (Hush, Oculus, Gerald’s Game) and executive produced by Trevor Macy via their Intrepid Pictures, the chilling horror story follows members of the Crain family who are haunted by long-dormant fears stemming from their time living in the menacing Hill House as children and then forced to face the ghosts of its grisly past.

Reincarnated as “Halloween Horror Nights” mazes, the imposing and mysterious Hill House eerily comes to life beckoning guests to embark on the dark journey experienced by the Crain family.

Iconic scenes from the Netflix series will be featured throughout the maze, including the omni-powerful Red Room – the heart of Hill House – and the infamous Hall of Statues, where deceptive powers overtake everyone who enters. Apparitions will appear around every corner, from William Hill – The Tall Man, whose towering stature overwhelms everyone he encounters; to The Ghost in the Basement, who feverishly crawls throughout the bowels of the House in search of his next victim; to The Bent-Neck Lady, whose disturbing scream and ghastly appearance invoke a constant state of unnerving dread. 

“The Haunting of Hill House” mazes will test even the bravest guests as they attempt to escape the entanglement of the estate’s eternal stranglehold or succumb to the powerful forces of Hill House – leaving them to wander the endless halls forever…alone.

“I have loved Halloween Horror Nights for so long,” said Flanagan, Creator, Director and Executive Producer of “The Haunting of Hill House.” “Some of my favorite memories of Halloween were made at Universal Studios, screaming and laughing with my friends. It is such an honor to be included among such fantastic Haunts, and I’m so glad that fans will be able to walk the halls of Hill House this Halloween. This is – without a doubt – one of the coolest things that’s ever happened to us at Intrepid. We are so excited to visit the Red Room again – we hope to see you all there!”

“It’s a nightmare come true to bring Netflix’s “The Haunting of Hill House” to life for our guests this year at ‘Halloween Horror Nights,’” said Charles Gray, Senior Show Director for Entertainment Creative Development at Universal Orlando Resort. “The show brought true horror to the masses, similar to what we’ve provided our guests at this event for nearly 30 years – Hill House is a perfect fit for “Halloween Horror Nights” as it enters a new decade of fear.”

“Mike Flanagan has elevated the horror genre with his supernatural thriller, ‘The Haunting of Hill House,’” said John Murdy, Executive Producer of “Halloween Horror Nights” at Universal Studios Hollywood. “We continuously challenge ourselves to raise the bar with each maze we create, and we look forward to creating a unique experience for our guests that combines both the psychological and visceral twists from the series. The goal is to make our guests feel as if they are walking in the footsteps of the Crain family, re-living all the horrors that they experienced.”

The “Halloween Horror Nights” events begin on Friday, September 3 in Orlando and Thursday, September 9 in Hollywood – and both events run select nights through Sunday, October 31. Select tickets and vacation packages are now on sale for “Halloween Horror Nights” at Universal Orlando Resort; tickets for the event at Universal Studios Hollywood will be available soon. Due to popular demand, event nights are expected to sell out. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com.

Currently streaming globally on Netflix, “The Haunting of Hill House” is produced for Netflix by Amblin TV and Paramount Television.

• Like 1

Universal Studios has announced that this year's Halloween Horror Nights at the Universal Orlando Resort and at Universal Studios Hollywood will feature two new houses, "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and "Universal Monsters: The Bride of Frankenstein Lives." These two new houses will debut with each park's respective event starting this September!

1000x300-GRIDDLE_stu.jpg.81970ddf9450639db03fb17b5a1e9423.jpg

https://media.universalorlando.com/press-releases/bride-of-frankenstein-texas-chainsaw/

This fall, Universal Studios’ “Halloween Horror Nights” returns to Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood, unleashing some of the most nefarious names in horror to prey upon guests. Classic films that have influenced the horror genre will come to life in two of the event’s disturbingly-real haunted mazes – prepare for the return of the legendary Leatherface in “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre” and the resurrection of one of Universal Pictures’ most iconic monsters – the Bride of Frankenstein – in “Universal Monsters: The Bride of Frankenstein Lives.”

HHN-Bride-of-Frankenstein-Lives-Image.thumb.jpg.fdb0bd7745f332af087a506dccdd5ade.jpg

Universal Monsters: The Bride of Frankenstein Lives

At its core, Halloween Horror Nights is an extension of the horror film legacy originated by Universal Pictures, and the event continues to honor its blockbuster history with a haunted maze highlighting one of the studio’s most sinister creatures – The Bride of Frankenstein. “Universal Monsters: The Bride of Frankenstein Lives” picks up where the 1935 classic film “The Bride of Frankenstein” left off, thrusting guests into chaos as the Bride becomes an unstoppable scientist and begins her mission to revive Frankenstein’s Monster. Her unwavering quest to find eternal life will come at a cost, and guests will soon find themselves entwined in a frenzied battle in their daring attempt to escape. Click here for an electrifying preview of “Universal Monsters: The Bride of Frankenstein Lives.”

HHN-Texas-Chainsaw-Massacre-Image.thumb.jpg.8d7572dd27cfef5fedb9052c1b6c3b10.jpg

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Inspired by the 1974 iconic slasher film “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre,” the “Halloween Horror Nights” mazes will depict a harrowing and intense experience as guests try to outrun the maniacal Leatherface and his unrelenting chainsaw. Guests will embark on a killer journey through a series of familiar scenes from the film and eventually fall victim to a family of cannibals. From a dilapidated gas station to an eerie, old farmhouse, they will witness unimaginable horrors around every corner, soon discovering that nowhere is safe from the demented Leatherface. Click here for a sneak peek at “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.”

Plus, guests at Universal Orlando’s “Halloween Horror Nights” will face another pop culture and horror legend as they brave this year’s event. The destination previously revealed the first haunted house of the season featuring the ‘ghost with the most,’ “Beetlejuice,” based on Warner Bros. Pictures and Tim Burton’s Academy Award-winning horror-fantasy film.

Stay tuned as additional details about “Halloween Horror Nights” at both Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood will be revealed soon.

The “Halloween Horror Nights” events begin on Friday, September 3 in Orlando and Thursday, September 9 in Hollywood – and both events run select nights through Sunday, October 31. Select tickets and vacation packages are now on sale for “Halloween Horror Nights” at Universal Orlando Resort; tickets for the event at Universal Studios Hollywood will be available soon. Due to popular demand, event nights are expected to sell out. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to pop in this thread and show some Hulk appreciation. Rode it 7 times yesterday (thanks to the single rider line) and I think it is now my all-time favorite B&M looper. The launch into the zero-g is my favorite inversion on any B&M, and it runs so smooth, it's intense, and the layout is very unique. Everyone raves about Kumba but I think Hulk is quite a bit better, and all of my rides yesterday were freakin' awesome.

Hulk and Velocicoaster is one of the best one-two punches in the country, IMO.

• Like 2

The Universal Orlando Resort has announced the newest house in the Halloween Horror Nights 2021 lineup, Halloween Horror Nights Icons: Captured!

862863396_HalloweenHorrorNightsIconsCaptured.thumb.jpeg.97fd61ddd5495f191a9316d067974e91.jpeg

https://media.universalorlando.com/press-releases/hhn-icons-captured/

The most notorious Halloween Horror Nights icons in Universal Orlando history will join forces to inflict unimaginable terror upon guests in the all-original haunted house – Halloween Horror Nights Icons: Captured. The sinister new experience will thrust guests into a monstrous “Hell of Fame” where they’ll face The Caretaker, The Director, The Usher, The Storyteller, Jack the Clown, Chance and more as part of Halloween Horror Nights 2021, celebrating 30 years of fear select nights from September 3 through October 31.

Developed as part of the Universal Entertainment team’s twisted vision to create a slate of disturbing, original characters that rival any horror villain on the big screen, the Halloween Horror Nights icons are relentless in the pursuit of their latest victims and include:

• The Caretaker, a once well-respected surgeon who has become eerily infatuated with the removal of internal organs – especially while his patients are conscious
  • The Director, an aspiring filmmaker obsessed with capturing the suffering and torture of his victims on film – placing them in their very own living horror movie
  • The Usher, who seeks to invoke violent vengeance on those who don’t follow the rules of his theater
  • The Storyteller, who stops at nothing to entrap guests into her latest tales of terror, where no one lives happily ever after
  • Jack the Clown – the original Halloween Horror Nights icon and the most feared of them all – and his assistant Chance, a deadly pair who thrive on tormenting victims in ways that embody their sick sense of humor

This fall, the brutal cruelty and madness of this collection of foreboding figures will be unleashed in Halloween Horror Nights Icons: Captured. Guests will quickly realize they’re the hunted as they desperately try to escape the grasp of each character within its ominous domain. From The Storyteller’s infamous bed of razor-sharp nails to the cadaver-filled mortuary run by The Caretaker, harrowing horrors will await guests at every turn – giving them no choice but to face the most horrifying legends in Halloween Horror Nights history.

Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights begins Friday, September 3 and runs select nights through Sunday, October 31 – featuring 10 elaborately-themed haunted houses, five scare zones and live entertainment based on everything from horror and pop culture greats to original abominations that go beyond guests’ darkest nightmares. And when they need a break from the screams, guests can enjoy access to Universal Studios’ most exhilarating rides and attractions.

All tickets and vacation packages for Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights are on sale now, including a variety of Fear Passes that allow guests to visit the event on multiple nights starting at $129.99, and discounted tickets for Annual Passholders.

Tickets and packages can be purchased here.

Tickets are also on sale for Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood, running select nights Thursday, September 9 through Sunday, October 31.

Due to popular demand, event nights are expected to sell out and tickets should be purchased in advance. Additional details about this year’s event will be revealed soon. For more information, visit www.Orlando.HalloweenHorrorNights.com.

• Like 1

The final lineup of houses, scare zones and shows at Halloween Horror Nights 2021 has been revealed by the Universal Orlando Resort! Check out all of the exciting details for this year's event, which starts on September 3rd, 2021!

https://media.universalorlando.com/press-releases/hhn-final-lineup/

Universal Orlando Resort unveils the final lineup of unfathomable terrors for Halloween Horror Nights 2021, including an array of twisted original haunted houses, five scare zones and two live shows. Guests will brave this collection of haunts and more when the world’s premier Halloween event returns to Universal Studios Florida to celebrate 30 years of fear select nights September 3 through October 31.

FIVE ADDITIONAL ORIGINAL HAUNTED HOUSES

Nightmare-inducing original stories brimming with terrifying creatures will envelop guests within the five remaining haunted houses of the season, where visitors will:

• step into the notorious Halloween Horror Nights town of Carey and relive its most horrifying haunts over the past 30 years in “Welcome to SCarey: Horror in the Heartland”
  • follow in the footsteps of a legendary paranormal detective on a ghostly mission in “Case Files Unearthed: Legendary Truth”
  • become entangled in the sinister roots of Halloween in “The Wicked Growth: Realm of the Pumpkin”
  • fall victim to a fiendish theatre troupe in “Puppet Theatre: Captive Audience”
  • uncover the darker side of a seemingly innocent ritual in “Revenge of the Tooth Fairy”

These original experiences will round out this year’s macabre lineup of 10 haunted houses for Halloween Horror Nights 2021, which also features Netflix’s “The Haunting of Hill House,” “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre,” “Beetlejuice,” “Universal Monsters: The Bride of Frankenstein Lives” and “Halloween Horror Nights Icons: Captured.”

FIVE INESCAPABLE SCARE ZONES

Guests will not find refuge in the streets of Universal Studios Florida…a legion of horror icons, otherworldly beings and more await in five all-new scare zones. Hundreds of menacing “scareactors” will emerge to stalk guests’ every move as they:

• enter the monstrous universe of iconic horror stories from “Crypt TV”
  • attempt to escape the frights of scare zones’ past in “30 Years, 30 Fears”
  • resist succumbing to an alien cyber regime overtaking a future dystopia in “Seek and Destroy”
  • flee the wrath of the Terra Queen and her rooted, evil plans in “Gorewood Forest”
  • witness a box office “slash” in “Lights, Camera, Hacktion: Eddie’s Revenge”

TWO OUTRAGEOUS LIVE SHOWS

Two all-new, outrageously-entertaining shows will take center stage at Universal Studios Florida:

Marathon of Mayhem: Carnage Factory, a brand-new nighttime lagoon show that will transform the expansive Universal Studios lagoon into renowned visions of fright highlighting some of the top names in horror and Halloween Horror Nights history that are featured in this year’s event.

Halloween Nightmare Fuel, a fiery new show featuring nocturnal creatures, aerialists of the night and frightful fire performers – all set to pulse-pounding rock, metal and electronica music.

THE ICONIC RETURN OF THE HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS TRIBUTE STORE

Plus, Halloween Horror Nights wouldn’t be complete without the return of the event’s highly-anticipated Tribute Store in Universal Studios Florida – an immersive retail location designed to celebrate the world’s premier Halloween event featuring themed rooms decked with specialty merchandise, a variety of unique treats and more. Additional details about this year’s Tribute Store will be revealed soon.

Below is the complete slate of experiences that await guests at Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 2021 this fall:

HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS 2021 OVERVIEW

Universal Orlando Resort marks 30 years of fear this fall with Halloween Horror Nights 2021, beginning Friday, September 3 and running select nights through Sunday, October 31. Guests will face 10 terrifying haunted houses, five sinister scare zones and two outrageous live shows based on everything from horror greats to haunting original stories – all created by the twisted visionaries of Universal’s Entertainment team.

All tickets and vacation packages are on sale now – visit www.Orlando.HalloweenHorrorNights.com to purchase tickets. Due to popular demand, event nights are expected to sell out and tickets should be purchased in advance.

10 HAUNTED HOUSES

Netflix’s The Haunting of Hill House

620787879_ScreenShot2021-08-12at11_13_22AM.thumb.png.ad8af30a198f3ef316e59bf477f8419a.png

Netflix’s critically-acclaimed series “The Haunting of Hill House” will bring its ominous presence to Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood in all-new mazes, awakening the imposing and mysterious Hill House as it beckons guests to embark on the dark journey experienced by the Crain family. Iconic scenes from the Netflix series will be featured throughout the maze, including the omni-powerful Red Room – the heart of Hill House – and the infamous Hall of Statues, where deceptive powers overtake everyone who enters. Testing even the bravest guests, they’ll attempt to escape the entanglement of the estate’s eternal stranglehold or succumb to the powerful forces of Hill House – leaving them to wander the endless halls forever…alone.

Beetlejuice

663398203_ScreenShot2021-08-12at11_13_29AM.thumb.png.605d27b2ed20578a78af01850a70ca71.png

Beetlejuice was the first “ghost host” of Halloween Horror Nights – originally called ‘Fright Nights’ – during the event’s debut in 1991. As Halloween Horror Nights 2021 celebrates a milestone year, this former host will become the supernatural star of a bone-chilling haunted house based on Warner Bros. Pictures and Tim Burton’s Academy Award-winning horror-fantasy film. Guests will be at the whim of the self-described “Bio-Exorcist” as they shadow Beetlejuice’s every move through artfully recreated scenes from the popular film. From the infamous haunted attic within the Maitland home, to the model graveyard and Dante’s Inferno Room, guests will have the extraordinary chance to enter the movie surrounded by its most iconic characters. With brash defiance, Beetlejuice is ready to turn on the juice and see what shakes loose – and his plans don’t include returning to the land of the unliving.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

1883410376_ScreenShot2021-08-12at11_13_37AM.thumb.png.db23896c4bc49f37ba2f276228644b60.png

Inspired by the 1974 iconic slasher film “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre,” the “Halloween Horror Nights” mazes at both Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood will depict a disturbing and intense experience as guests try to outrun the maniacal Leatherface and his unrelenting chainsaw. Guests will embark on a killer journey through a series of familiar scenes from the film and eventually fall victim to a family of cannibals. From a dilapidated gas station to an eerie, old farmhouse, they will witness unimaginable horrors around every corner, soon discovering that nowhere is safe from the demented Leatherface.

Universal Monsters: The Bride of Frankenstein Lives

1329758081_ScreenShot2021-08-12at11_13_45AM.thumb.png.045289679167b073a4c2c3a62cf744dd.png

At its core, Halloween Horror Nights is an extension of the horror film legacy originated by Universal Pictures, and the event continues to honor its blockbuster history with a haunted maze highlighting one of the studio’s most sinister creatures – The Bride of Frankenstein. “Universal Monsters: The Bride of Frankenstein Lives” at both Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood picks up where the 1935 classic film “The Bride of Frankenstein” left off, thrusting guests into chaos as the Bride becomes an unstoppable scientist and begins her mission to revive Frankenstein’s Monster. Her unwavering quest to find eternal life will come at a cost, and guests will soon find themselves entwined in a frenzied battle in their daring attempt to escape.

Halloween Horror Nights Icons: Captured

2027723438_ScreenShot2021-08-12at11_13_51AM.thumb.png.4dc05db96d6fc3a6192e0d4d1ab38f34.png

The most notorious Halloween Horror Nights icons in history are joining forces to inflict unimaginable terror upon guests in Halloween Horror Nights Icons: Captured. Guests will quickly realize they’re the hunted as they encounter a monstrous “Hell of Fame” where they’ll have no choice but to face the brutal cruelty and madness of this foreboding collection of Halloween Horror Nights legends, which include:

• The Caretaker, a once well-respected surgeon who has become eerily infatuated with the removal of internal organs – especially while his patients are conscious
  • The Director, an aspiring filmmaker obsessed with capturing the suffering and torture of his victims on film – placing them in their very own living horror movie
  • The Usher, who seeks to invoke violent vengeance on those who don’t follow the rules of his theater
  • The Storyteller, who stops at nothing to entrap guests into her latest tales of terror, where no one lives happily ever after
  • Jack the Clown – the original Halloween Horror Nights icon and the most feared of them all – and his assistant Chance, a deadly pair who thrive on tormenting victims in ways that embody their sick sense of humor

Welcome to SCarey: Horror in the Heartland

993403460_ScreenShot2021-08-12at11_14_00AM.thumb.png.8317c85a01f1adfdaaddceac1aedb6ba.png

Some of the most haunting original stories from Halloween Horror Nights over the years have been set in the mysterious town of Carey – and this year, Welcome to SCarey: Horror in the Heartland will combine these stories and bring them to life once again in a first-ever haunted house that pays homage to the event’s 30-year history. Guests will be transported back to the shady township of Carey and enter familiar settings that will leave fans shrieking from nostalgia and horror. From the ghastly cave of vampires from The Hive, the decrepit attic of Dead End and the disturbing Meetz Meats human deli from Leave it to Cleaver, they’ll find no escape from the evil of Carey once and for all.

Case Files Unearthed: Legendary Truth

142564348_ScreenShot2021-08-12at11_14_11AM.thumb.png.d1106b8a2ae68ff32c8631c4abd36332.png

The world of Legendary Truth, an evolving story following a mysterious paranormal research group, has haunted guests via unique haunted houses throughout Halloween Horror Nights history. In Case Files Unearthed: Legendary Truth, guests will step into the well-worn shoes of the infamous Boris Shuster – the elusive private eye investigating the supernatural – as he endlessly searches for clues to a series of strange occurrences throughout New York City. Falling further into the shadowy, dark world of the paranormal, guests will face an overwhelming onslaught of ghouls, poltergeists and terrors, all while trying to solve the biggest mystery of them all – how they’ll survive…

The Wicked Growth: Realm of the Pumpkin

1702363967_ScreenShot2021-08-12at11_14_20AM.thumb.png.4b53cf9df925b07e45bcc666c23f73b2.png

The beloved tradition of Halloween has more sinister roots waiting to be unearthed and as the grower of this ritual, the Pumpkin Lord is preparing for his yearly human harvest in Wicked Growth: Realm of the Pumpkin. Lured in by the familiar sights and sounds of the holiday, guests will find themselves trapped in an endless maze of traditional Halloween domains, including a dilapidated haunted house, an ominous graveyard and even a wicked witch’s cottage – all overrun by ruthless creatures engulfed in ghastly pumpkin growth. They’ll follow the ceaseless vines as they twist and turn right into the Pumpkin Lord’s lair, where he eagerly awaits new victims and is never truly satiated.

Puppet Theatre: Captive Audience

847870893_ScreenShot2021-08-12at11_14_28AM.thumb.png.797644f4bf9cbc498369ec9f335e024a.png

The demented side of puppetry and theatre will take center stage in Puppet Theatre: Captive Audience as guests are transported to San Francisco’s abandoned Grandeur Theatre in the early 1900’s. They’ll find the Pasek’s Puppet Troupe trapped within its ruins in the midst of rehearsing for their next grisly performance. With a fanatical need to entertain any captive audience, the troupe has turned to transforming trespassers into living puppets – dismantling and sewing them back together as life-sized marionettes for additions to their horrific encore. Will guests escape in one piece or will it be their final curtain call? No matter what, the show must go on…

Revenge of the Tooth Fairy

712674288_ScreenShot2021-08-12at11_14_36AM.thumb.png.1bf8918b7a52ec975308e3bf96c8e5d3.png

Revenge of the Tooth Fairy will entice guests to uncover the darker ritual behind an innocent childhood tradition. Long ago, parents struck a bargain with vicious, goblin-esque tooth fairies to protect their children from these evil creatures who crave pearly whites – all children must give up their baby teeth or pay a gruesome price. Guests will step into a heinous realm of blood, teeth and gore where these fairies extract their toothed bounty by force and the only way out is to hold in their screams and keep their mouths shut.

FIVE SCARE ZONES

Crypt TV

13237319_ScreenShot2021-08-12at11_11_46AM.thumb.png.0a2e859c04396653d345b465687e8a39.png

Guests will step inside Crypt TV, a dark universe of monsters that reside in the same reality on their screens, in their pockets and now, in real life. In this nightmare world that’s overtaken San Francisco, creatures of all shapes and sizes exist, including The Look-See, the Sunny Family Cult, Harclaw and Miss Annity. Now, they’ve been brought to life in a world of fear that will engulf any guest who enters.

30 Years, 30 Fears

468699558_ScreenShot2021-08-12at11_11_54AM.thumb.png.fabb382206d9a12024db12a789ff9f93.png

The most infamous characters from past Halloween Horror Nights scare zones will reunite to take over the Avenue of the Stars in 30 Years, 30 Fears. Guests will enter a gory reunion where the past has come back to haunt them with creatures of blood and bone, beastly monstrosities and chainsaw-wielding fiends lurking around every corner.

Seek and Destroy

750425099_ScreenShot2021-08-12at11_12_04AM.thumb.png.1de7c5a5ed1fc2f977d79068060cd668.png

In Seek and Destroy, guests will find themselves in a New York dystopia where a ruthless alien cyber regime, led by The Controller, has taken over – relentlessly scanning the city streets for humans and turning them into fuel. With the regime’s loyal followers hiding in the darkness endlessly hunting for new victims, guests must either join them or be destroyed.

Gorewood Forest

1136733330_ScreenShot2021-08-12at11_12_21AM.thumb.png.ad6c83aeed552d7e6ebdfc3fb7f4f7e4.png

The heartless Terra Queen is back and her wicked plans to remake the world in her terrifying image will take root in Central Park, transforming it into the grisly Gorewood Forest. Guests will find nowhere to hide from her menacing minions as they harvest fresh blood to feed her ever-growing power.

Lights, Camera, Hacktion: Eddie’s Revenge

2132660136_ScreenShot2021-08-12at11_12_34AM.thumb.png.fe6dbc5db91ef702c4877421e21c3931.png

Eddie Schmidt, Jack the Clown’s diabolical brother, is returning to Halloween Horror Nights to film a gory Hollywood sequel in Lights, Camera, Hacktion: Eddie’s Revenge – except this time, the monsters are real. Vampires, evil clowns, creatures from the watery depths and other horrific beings from event’s past will roar on the scene where guests will make their short, and painful, cameo.

TWO LIVE SHOWS

Marathon of Mayhem: Carnage Factory

10405556_ScreenShot2021-08-12at11_12_44AM.thumb.png.9336d4457e55d11a7983e56fb056c820.png

An all-new Universal Studios lagoon show will make its horrifically hypnotic premiere at Halloween Horror Nights in Marathon of Mayhem: Carnage Factory. Jack the Clown will lure guests into a trance, and they’ll awaken in the heart of an insidious factory with pulsing lasers and pounding, electrifying music. Frozen with fear, a nightmare machine will extract guests’ deepest fears one-by-one and project them onto giant water screens, showcasing the notorious Halloween Horror Nights icons and frightening scenes from Netflix’s critically-acclaimed series “The Haunting of Hill House,” the legendary Universal Monsters classic movies and the iconic slasher film, “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.”

Halloween Nightmare Fuel

1653452535_ScreenShot2021-08-12at11_12_53AM.thumb.png.d9ad501380e88fb38d9e20439057c0f5.png

A fearsome and unforgettable performance will ignite guests’ waking nightmares in the all-new show, Halloween Nightmare Fuel – where nocturnal creatures, aerialists of the night and frightful fire performers will come alive to the crackling beat of rock, metal, and electronica music.

Revenge-of-the-Tooth-Fairy-Facade.jpeg.7ee096b52187bb6727c34fa60be2ecd8.jpeg

Universal has also released a behind-the-scenes look at the Revenge of the Tooth Fairy house that will be a part of this year's event.

https://blog.universalorlando.com/behind-the-scenes/revenge-of-the-tooth-fairy-at-halloween-horror-nights-2021/

Sometimes the most disturbing and troubling horror stories are those that revolve around children’s folklore. (Although arguably some of the great classic folk stories are rooted in darkness with vile creatures and tragic endings.) But there is something rather unsettling when one such story that is meant to invoke comfort and excitement upon losing a piece of your childhood takes a turn for the worse.

Halloween Horror Nights (HHN) at Universal Orlando Resort is known for taking beloved folklore and applying its own demented twist to the storyline. This year the mythology of the Tooth Fairy is being explored with an original HHN tale cloaked in vengeance. You’re invited to step inside the Westhorne house and find out what happens when you defy tradition. Tradition that turns out to be a centuries-old pact between mortals and sprite-ish monsters who demand the teeth of babes in exchange for payment in the form of treats or money. Enjoy this enthralling tale and let it be a cautionary warning for what awaits you in this haunted house.

Revenge-of-the-Tooth-Fairy.jpeg.6c97acf0727fec1518419e4934062600.jpeg

One night a Tooth Fairy appeared in the bedroom of young James Westhorne, who recently lost his first tooth. But when the fairy neared the bed James jumped up and shouted, “No this is my tooth and it belongs to me! You can’t have it!”

“You mustn’t upset the Faerie Folk, Master James,” pleaded the child’s Nanny. “The Faerie Folk aren’t kind, nor forgiving.”

But spoiled James just shook his head, “So what if they are. They can’t have it and nothing will change my mind.”

“But they’ll hurt us and take you away. You’ll be doomed to live forever as a cursed monster.”

“I don’t care, and I don’t believe you. I don’t believe in fairies!”

And, as if to settle the argument on the bed, the fairy took the Nanny’s teeth instead. Then the creature pulled James away to make him truly, dearly pay.

Next the fairies ventured down the hall and killed the servants one and all. James would scream and cry and kick and then begin to look rather sick.

The fairies then visited Mother and Father and gave them a lesson to learn. And James had to look, had to see, had to hear, what trouble he had earned.

Lord and Lady Westhorne were set upon next, their evening tea still warm. Papa and Grammy — oh no! — are being ravaged by this harm.

O’Neil the butler was chosen to prove the point that children mustn’t forget. Though James now was changing, shifting you see, his fate was more than set.

And Cook was stripped of all her teeth, a sweet treat you may bet. The fairies are fighting to rip them out in one completed set.

Sheets turned red by Westhorne blood was all little James’s fault. He cried and yet he did not want the pain to stop, cease, or hold.

The maids were shown next what happens when you don’t pay the proper respect. You learn the lesson every parent must know — every child owes a debt.

You pay their price, you don’t say no, or someday soon you’ll see. Just ask James, or what’s left of him, in the fairy jubilee.

Learn from James. The lesson here is plain to grasp. The teeth you must provide, for there is no escape, no reprieve, no place to RUN OR HIDE!

Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 11.10.41 AM.png

• Like 1

I like the original houses, the last time I went in 2019 some of my favorite ones were those. I'm gonna be down there when HHN is going on, I'm just on the fence about if I'm actually gonna go or not. We were season pass holders in 2019 cause we had gone down/planned to go down a lot that year and into early 2020. Not sure if we can make it down this next year enough to make it worth it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I was wondering if anyone had advice on how to maximize my morning at Islands of Adventure? I will be heading to both parks for the first time in a decade on Friday September 3rd. I am staying at a Universal resort so will have early park entry to Studios (7 am - 8 am), during which I'm planning on riding Despicable Me and Escape form Gringotts (currently only rides offered, Islands is not currently offering Early Park Access). Islands is opening at 9 am that day. I have an unlimited express pass during my visit, so my main focus is getting rides of Velocicoaster & Hagrids during the morning hours. 

Should I exit Studios after my two morning rides, enter in main gate to Islands at 8:45ish, then walk straight to Velocicoaster? Or should I hop on Hogwarts Express at 9 am and take that into Islands and head to Velocicoaster? My worry with this idea is that people at rope-drop for Islands will beat the Hogwarts express to the Velocicoaster/Hagrids area. Any advice on maximizing my morning for these two rides would be greatly appreciated!