TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 624 - New Epic Universe details, including Isle of Berk!

1463533144_ScreenShot2020-06-27at1_12_49PM.thumb.png.b5cf66ad5809f959af6598b88e7223a6.png

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT’S ALL-NEW STUNT SHOW – THE BOURNE STUNTACULAR – WILL GRAND OPEN ON JUNE 30, 2020

ORLANDO, Fla. (June 27, 2020) – The Bourne Stuntacular, based on Universal Pictures’ blockbuster Bourne film franchise, will grand open on June 30, 2020 at Universal Studios Florida as the most technologically-advanced stunt show yet. The all-new show will fully immerse guests in the world of Jason Bourne through groundbreaking technology, including an immense LED screen and high-tech props, to incredible live performers executing extreme stunts at heights up to 22 feet, and practical effects that will have guests feeling gusts of wind and the heat of explosive flames.

To celebrate the opening of The Bourne Stuntacular, Universal Orlando will debut a virtual sneak peek of the show on June 29. The sneak peek will feature special guests from the Bourne film franchise, a behind-the-scenes look at what it took to bring the show to life, as well as a preview of the action-packed stunt show itself. Guests can tune into the Universal Orlando YouTube Channel at 7:00 p.m. EST to get a first look at The Bourne Stuntacular and follow along on Universal Orlando’s Twitter and Instagram for exclusive highlights.

Guests should download the Universal Orlando App to view The Bourne Stuntacular show times.

Across the destination, the health and safety of our guests and team members continues to be our top priority. To ensure proper social distancing, we have implemented new procedures in our indoor theaters, including appropriate spacing between travel parties and providing assistance to our guests with seating and exiting the theater to avoid congestion. These procedures mean that our show capacity will be limited and wait times may be longer than usual to experience the show. We have also increased our already-aggressive cleaning procedures and will continue to sanitize high-touch surfaces between each show. All guests are also required to wear a face covering while experiencing The Bourne Stuntacular.

I actually loved the Terminator attraction and how it integrated live actors and animatronics with a screen-based show. I was disappointed when its closure was announced, but this really seems like a worth replacement! I’m super excited to hear live actors are still involved.

Has anyone had a chance to attend one of the preview shows?

I've seen The Bourne Stuntacular four times now, I was pretty impressed! The pre-show explains the story so you don't have to see the films to understand the story. The technology used in the show made my jaw drop at one point because it was so good. I think it's a solid addition to the park and definitely worth seeing on a visit!

I've seen The Bourne Stuntacular four times now, I was pretty impressed! The pre-show explains the story so you don't have to see the films to understand the story. The technology used in the show made my jaw drop at one point because it was so good. I think it's a solid addition to the park and definitely worth seeing on a visit!

We should meet up for a park lap one of these days!

We should meet up for a park lap one of these days!

Yes! We absolutely should!

• 2 weeks later...

I am just realizing how disproportionate the additions to IOA (Kong, Jurassic Coaster, Hagrid's) vs Studios are recently. Sure I'm betting Potter is an enticing draw but to compare the attendance I am curious how that plays out. Yes there's the Borne show/attraction but outside of Potter, there are not many new things for returning guests. Yes, MiB, Spiderman, Mummy, RRR are all awesome but it seems like there isn't a equal amount of love here

^ I hadn't realized that Hagrid's is not at Universal Studios proper..

it's at Islands of Adventure? are there other Potter rides there? or are the other big rides (the one we rode in Japan, Hippogriff, and the bank one) all in USO?

Came back to EDIT - since I made use of TPR's *fantastic* Park Index - right there at the top left link! - to look it up.

I really had no idea that the majority of the Potter rides are at IOA.

(then again, the USJ was my first Universal Park I've ever really been to - that I can recall at least).

I am just realizing how disproportionate the additions to IOA (Kong, Jurassic Coaster, Hagrid's) vs Studios are recently. Sure I'm betting Potter is an enticing draw but to compare the attendance I am curious how that plays out. Yes there's the Borne show/attraction but outside of Potter, there are not many new things for returning guests. Yes, MiB, Spiderman, Mummy, RRR are all awesome but it seems like there isn't a equal amount of love here

Fast and the furious should have been a slam dunk for Studios but they messed up something as simple as racing cars. They really should just gut the inside of that ride completely and put something that serves the franchise better. The entranceway and the garage queue is great but the two scene rooms and party bus watching a screen is just so meh.

Something like the cars ride at Disney's California adventure would have been perfect. It's even more crazy they messed this up considering that the fast and the furious franchise is their highest grossing franchise.

Fallon is newer too and while I'm not a fan of Fallon at all I actually ended up liking the ride. I do think they could have picked something else that would have interested a lot more people though.

The GP expected the Fast & Furious ride to be what West Coast Racers was. It should've been a launched dueling indoor rollercoaster.

No it shouldn't have. Roller coasters aren't the answer to every theme park's problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Halloween Horror Nights is cancelled. I had a blast at least years and was really disappointed that I was going to miss this year's but I guess it really just wasn't worth the time and effort and money for them to have to alter the whole event enough to make it safe for everyone involved. I'm sure they will go all out next year and hopefully all this stuff is over by then so we can all attend.

IMG_20200724_110304.thumb.jpg.5ce5f765455c5495c6304c07f19f4dea.jpg

I know many of us are bummed about this, but this was the right decision. Not an easy decision, not a fun decision, but the right one. It would have been a REALLY scaled back, socially distanced horror nights and that's just not the spirit of the event. I'm sure it will be back bigger and better next year.

Definitely bummed, but also definitely the right decision. We do the frequent fear pass for this event every year but I really couldn't see it working this year even if they scaled back attendance. You still have the scare actors in close proximity to the guests. My son and his friend have a haunt they started two years ago in central Pennsylvania. I'm not sure if they will be able to open this year or not. Hoping they are able to ride it out if they can't.

As much as you are comfortable doing, please support your local businesses and parks etc. and be considerate of others health and wear a mask!! If you are not comfortable with a mask, stay home.