TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 624 - New Epic Universe details, including Isle of Berk!

Wait. People are actually excited about this new ride? Wow, IOA already succeded then. I'm actually amazed at this development. Imagine the hysteria if they announced it would duel.

aaah shut up Disney Boy!!

I guess it'll be similiar to that Alton Towers powered one you rode the other day, huh? Oh, wait, that's right........

Ok here is my view on powered roller coasters.

Ok it's powered therefore it does not coast over hills, turns, elements by gravity alone.

So to me if you are going to call powered coasters as a credit.. then hell might as well call every powered ride with a track a credit!!!

Let's take Disneyland for example:

YAAAYYY!!! AUTOPIA!!! WOOT A CREDIT!!

YAYYYY!! HAUNTED MANSION!! WOOT A CREDIT!

YAYYY!! ALICE IN WONDERLAND WOOT A CREDIT!!

YAYYY!! STEAM TRAIN!! WOOT A CREDIT!!

YAYYY!!! MARK TWAIN STEAM BOAT!!! WOOT A CREDIT!!

See my point!

Ok here is my view on powered roller coasters.

Ok it's powered therefore it does not coast over hills, turns, elements by gravity alone.

So to me if you are going to call powered coasters as a credit.. then hell might as well call every powered ride with a track a credit!!!

Let's take Disneyland for example:

YAAAYYY!!! AUTOPIA!!! WOOT A CREDIT!!

YAYYYY!! HAUNTED MANSION!! WOOT A CREDIT!

YAYYY!! ALICE IN WONDERLAND WOOT A CREDIT!!

YAYYY!! STEAM TRAIN!! WOOT A CREDIT!!

YAYYY!!! MARK TWAIN STEAM BOAT!!! WOOT A CREDIT!!

See my point!

We have another aspiring Jeff Johnson on our hands! (No offense to Jeff)

I don't personally count most powered coasters, the one exception would be like one of those Mack powered coasters that are pretty large and fairly fast. My perspective is that those coasters are powered through the whole ride, but they build up enough speed that they could basically go through most of the ride un-powered anyway.

I don't really care if people do count them though, because they are on RCDB and they are (for the most part) advertised as rollercoasters by parks. It's the same reason I don't care if people that rode Vikingar at BPB (or a similar ride) count it as a credit. They fit RCDB's definition of a rollercoaster, but I don't personally see it as a coaster.

hey evryone I just rode and it was an awesome addition to IOA oviously the rollercoaster wasn't the best but it was deffinately a fun ride.I prefered the purple sides story better(it was like a tour of seuss landing) I am on my way home now so I will post pics when I get home

when we walked up bubbles were evrywhere and workers were clapping and dancing directing us to the ride

then we went through the que (which had the sneech story on the walls)

and then we rode the ride and enjoyed it very much!

Hey everyone

I have all the pictures and videos that i took today so here they are

but first ill tell you about my experience(sry if i repeat myself from an earlier post)

ALSO i am starting a new topic with all the pictures i took besides the trolley pics!

HIGH IN THE SKY SEUSS TROLLEY TRAIN RIDE

Ok so me and my mom went over to IOA(from Royal Pacific) and got there about 6:30 some strange guy talked to us for a while and we finally got into the park.

We go to Seuss Landing and were attack by bubbles as we were directed to the ride by dancing workers.The Que had a strange center peice that was some type of tower with spinning stars and a clock(pictures below)and the story of the sneetches lined the walls.

We go into the trolleys(they looked awesome) and began our first ride on the green track.Its "story" was a car trolley that could imitate any noise it heard,And the audio was slightly annoying.

Our second ride was on the purple track (my favorite out of the two) and it was like a tour of seuss landing I have a POV of this one

INTERESTING!!!

while in line we were behing a man that had a polo on that said mackrides.com and i played dumb and was like "didnt your company make this ride?" and he said Yeah and then turned around and didnt make eye conntact it was weird. and also think i saw two guys here from TPR but im not sure i took a pic and it IS blow so can anyone tell me if they are from TPR?

both rides have a portions where they speed up then slow down Overall they were very fun!

Thanks everyone! ENJOY THE PICTURES AND ViDEOS!

MORE SOON(im try to get the good pics out as fast as possible)

2040354634_IOA(trolleyride)111small.JPG.e83818fdf8e76e040fb215ccbe6a9a1c.JPG

Tower's Clock

1051810982_IOA(trolleyride)077small.JPG.c7a23af92c445daeab7303a63594a975.JPG

Que Line Tower

889169539_IOA(trolleyride)058small.JPG.f0ceb093b770dbb7d63583cd3ffe914e.JPG

Helix with Train Testing

1072213337_IOA(trolleyride)023small.JPG.297c1e3ffae627cf899782f940908734.JPG

Non banked Helix over sneetch(spl?) beach

1218316629_IOA(trolleyride)001.jpg.d7a65cf94c54888ad1969e553d4d44db.jpg

Annual Pass Invitation

1745389810_UniversalOrlando001small.JPG.e7e2dcb1a337a19c949446d7dbe0ca9c.JPG

First picture i took of ride(During Construction)

Even more! second to last pic post!

the final post will have all the videos too!

478457951_IOA(trolleyride)094small.JPG.3aa4026ae681bb186c2f7f8ab966e4f9.JPG

the wheels on the Trolley go round and round =)

810101883_IOA(trolleyride)097small.JPG.2c49ac877c4b10166e21087f77dae02f.JPG

TRACK CLOSEUP!!

1827861469_IOA(trolleyride)085small.JPG.e6487ea428a787012b34cbeacd15735b.JPG

Ontop of MJ GJ

899780842_IOA(trolleyride)76small68.JPG.9b81cd8e93b9a8ec64b19adb90cc609c.JPG

wall in que

872184005_IOA(trolleyride)072small.JPG.c8eed1625eb028408ac65d79fa94abfb.JPG

BUBBLES!

630878745_IOA(trolleyride)099small.JPG.2eda6bcd2184e3d9a48e67ba6ee6f31b.JPG

Final Scene

1566463708_IOA(trolleyride)100small.JPG.a3c37d2183f327ce50108eee3de915a4.JPG

train close up

1945650416_IOA(trolleyride)098small.JPG.4c9823fcc676221b07cf24c786cd881d.JPG

Part of first scene on purple side

1361858392_IOA(trolleyride)082small.JPG.74a3ad81c618e57e1318e578be1b92b3.JPG

Onride Shot

1370749874_IOA(trolleyride)080small.JPG.0f298a05d74245beef93f3842bb723bc.JPG

Que line Theming

I guess it'll be similiar to that Alton Towers powered one you rode the other day, huh? Oh, wait, that's right........

Yup, same park with the defunct Schwarzkopf...

I am still undecided if its a credit. I generally go by the judgement "could it run with a normal lift?" - ie Thunder Run, yes; Lil Shaver, no.

FINAL POST

before the videos here are pictures from the INTERESTING!! portion of my first pic post

POV!!!

http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g273/thefitness/?action=view&current=TrolleyTrainRidePOVmov.flv

217545483_IOA(trolleyride)112small.JPG.1d72ab858c0447ab140dccf633eef808.JPG

You cant read his shirt

but this is that guy from MACK that hated me for asking a question

894106461_IOA(trolleyride)095smallcropped.jpg.ecd16745d82d0719a77afafa598637ac.jpg

???they both have coaster shirt and look REALLY formilliar

26647474_IOA(trolleyride)095small.JPG.747c4ca133be55084352a74b7c70842b.JPG

Anyone know them? or is this anyone here on TPR?

Trains leaving station.zip

Trains coming into station!

Dancing Character.zip

Ok while you pass through Circus Migucous(spl?) there is an organ player and this lady was yelioung and a character was dancing its FUNNY O and also you see the train going through the cafe

^ You can always create a YouTube account and they will host the video. You can then post the link to the video in your post so everyone can see it! It's not that hard!

Anyways, this ride looks pretty cool, even though I don't count this as a credit seeing it is powered. It still looks cool and I can't wait to ride it this summer. BTW, does anybody know if this is going to have Express access?

---Brent

We go into the trolleys(they looked awesome) and began our first ride on the green track.Its "story" was a car trolley that could imitate any noise it heard,And the audio was slightly annoying.

Slightly annoying? That is an understatement!!! I thoguht I heard that each side had 2 different narrations, but maybe not as you got the same 2 I did. I got the annoying sound one (woo woo woo woo, bee bee bee beeee, ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) both time I rode the teal track.

I do agree, purple track is better, teal spends too much time inside of Circus McGurkus.

I thought the Sneetch story kind of got lost in translation. Overall, the ride was ok (annoying audio loses points for it)

Erik, I saw you in Seuss Landing around 4:30pm today, looks like you were walking quite quickly and saw you get a quick shot (this was near Caro-Seuss-el), and I was on my way out, so I didn't bother you. The ride was closed around that time of day, so I hope you got a ride in somehow.

LOL! Yeah I was there and yes I did not pay close attention to the postcard in which it said between 7:00 to 9:00am. So no rides for me, but at least DD was open. Not only has DD's track been repainted, they did some referb in the queue area as well.

LOL! Yeah I was there and yes I did not pat close attention to the postcard in which it said between 7:00 to 9:00am. So no rides for me, but at least DD was open. Not only has DD's track been repainted, they did some referb in the queue area as well.

Yeah, the event was from 7am-9am, with all of Seuss Landing open. But, they also were running The Trolleys for the public during the morning hours (I rode it again around 10:30), not sure when they shut the soft open down though.

DD looked nice. Not as WOW! as when I first saw repainted Kumba, but DD definitely looks much better than it did before being repainted.

I also have to say that JPRA was probably in the best shape I've seen it in in a long time.

When Soren and I rode Jurassic Park a month or so ago it was in top shape. Its really great to see them put a lot of money in the park these past few months bringing everything back to its original state. Plus operations on DD was really great, three trains going on both sides. Did you happen to notice how much nicer the queue looks now? It looks like they fixed a lot of the lights in the queue area, as well as cleaned up the coaster area as well (does not have all those ugly weeds anymore).

Yeah, JP made me a happy camper.

I didn't notice the care towards the quque or the grounds underneath the coaster, but glad to hear they put 3 trains on each track. One thing that bugs me is that even on obvious busy days, they only start with 1 train on each track. Its a pan in the butt having to wait longer than you know you have too. At least the 3-train operation explains the 10-minute posted wait time.