TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

^If you hate the park because of the system why did you call me out for not liking the whole fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo idea?? I really dont get what I said was wrong but yet others can complain about stuff? wait what....am I missing something here

Lol the lockers isn't what they are all talking about

We're laughing because of how much you're overreacting to it and because you're acting as if finding change is the most difficult hardship you'll ever be faced with (even though the lockers are free at Universal), not the fact that you don't like it. I'm also stuck on the fact that you're trying to work up the balls to tell your friend that they need to piss faster and stop wasting time in the bathroom while at theme parks.

Calm down, a little patience never hurt anyone. Oh, and we're also laughing at this entire post...

^what? All because I'm a little impatient? Besides that I LOVE to have fun. Its not like im a compete sick in the mud....Yea my idea of fun may not be going to the clubs or going to some house party to smoke pot but I still like to do stuff that many other people will enjoy. Like amusement parks,carnivals,the beach,waterparks,arcades,the mall,site seeing,doing tourist attractions,exploring the city,going out to eat, drinking one in a while,going camping,traveling,etc. Its just at an amusement park you only have so much time in a day...heck in a weekend! The less time we waste the more time we have to do fun things. You are loosing precious time when you have to hunt down people for change or making sure all the wrinkles in your shirt are invisible, as much as possible ,after you had to "mess up your clothes" when you had to use the toilet. See where Im going here?

^If you hate the park because of the system why did you call me out for not liking the whole fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo idea?? I really dont get what I said was wrong but yet others can complain about stuff? wait what....am I missing something here

I didn't call you out because of your disdain for the bunnies and medicine (though I think you extrapolated things out to reach a farfetched, ridiculous conclusion), I quoted you because I could never possibly imagine being enough of an insufferable prick to remotely consider giving my friends a hard time for spending more than five minutes in the bathroom.

At the end of the day, you're not going to find anyone who I think actually likes having to use the locker, but you have to recognize it for what it is: a minor inconvenience, not the end times.

Edited by michaellynn4

^^Well I rather ride rides then find change...also i was talking about the lockers at other parks that make you pay. To me change hunting and just like lolly gagging in the bathroom are both a waste of time. It's just my opinion that is all. I rather have fun riding ride then wasting time on stupid stuff!

Also that second response was asking him I wouldnt be fun to hang out with even though I enjoy doing fun things!

Edited by storms555

I'm going to give Mr. storm555 the benefit of the doubt. Actually, I'm not, but I'm going to use his nonsense for the anecdote of a time i was at an amusement park with a friend who kept needing to go to the bathroom. He was in there for like 10-20 minutes at a time and eventually I had to ditch them. Years later it came out that he had been doing ecstasy for the first time and was mixed with booze and some other stuff and was tripping extremely hard and couldn't deal with the visual stimuli. What I'm getting at is that maybe storm's friends are doing a ton of drugs. Think about it.

^Im a she. And come to think of it I have this other friend who took for ever too I actually believed he WAS doing some drugs or something....my friend I go to amusement parks with however isnt that type of person she just is unnecessarily slow at times.

I'm going to give Mr. storm555 the benefit of the doubt. Actually, I'm not, but I'm going to use his nonsense for the anecdote of a time i was at an amusement park with a friend who kept needing to go to the bathroom. He was in there for like 10-20 minutes at a time and eventually I had to ditch them. Years later it came out that he had been doing ecstasy for the first time and was mixed with booze and some other stuff and was tripping extremely hard and couldn't deal with the visual stimuli. What I'm getting at is that maybe storm's friends are doing a ton of drugs. Think about it.

Its possible! This is a true story: @ GreatAdv on a super dead night a few years ago a friend of mine (who years and years ago had dealt with some substance abuse issues) kept using every bathroom we passed. It was kinda driving me nuts. I asked him if he had a urinary tract infection or was getting ill or something. Nada. Then I started to notice how insane he seemed everytime we hit the brakes during a Bull marathon we were having. Totally amped beyond belief. And then I noticed the nose rubbing. I pressed him and he denied up and down he was snorting anything but then weeks later he admitted he had a coke relapse and was getting blasted and riding coasters. Who does that? I still laugh about it. I love my friends.

Out of interest...do the scanners at Universal Orlando pick up things like rings (in my case a normal wedding band).

I only ask as someone hinted earlier that maybe we shouldn't wear "jewellery" to a theme park and I would be surprised if their scanners are THAT sensitive...given that it is never a problem at airport security.

Out of interest...do the scanners at Universal Orlando pick up things like ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings (in my case a normal wedding band).

I only ask as someone hinted earlier that maybe we shouldn't wear "jewellery" to a theme park and I would be surprised if their scanners are THAT sensitive...given that it is never a problem at airport security.

If you're that worried about it or a watch, just hold the hand up near your chest. Odds are good the person working the detector is too stupid to know that those things are calibrated to let metal at center mass pass through.

My top five is:

1. Incredible Hulk Coaster

2. Revenge of the Mummy

3. Spiderman

4. Forbidden Journey

5. Dragon Challenge, I hope they do some sort of refurbishment on these coasters instead of removing them because they are great rides that really balances out the ride lineup at IOA.

Ill list my top 5 but it may be different then most

1. Ripride I know this coaster isnt very popular but I still enjoyed it a lot and dont remember the breaking. The music was a cool touch too.

2.Dragon Challenge was nice intense B&M not as fun as Raptop at CP but still fun

3.Hulk This would of been higher if I didnt have my expectations to high..I mean the launch was awesome and the rest of course was fun but not as WOW! as I thought it would be. It didnt seem that forceful at times which I found weird as I assumed it would have a lot of force. Still it was enjoyable though

4.Mummy cool combo of a dark ride and a coaster. the neat thing about coasters in the dark is you dont see whats coming up next. So its adds to the thrill

5.Doctor Doom. Its a lot of fun being shot up like a mini rocket.

Universal really needs to can it with the fully screened attractions. People are growing tired of them. Kong got bad guest reviews, Fallon will too, and Fast and Furious probably will as well. I can ride Hulk and Doom all day but these are really a once-ever experience.

What's bizzare is that the best ones are way older and the further they stray from real effects the worse they get. Spiderman is great because of the whole package of the set interaction with it. Forbidden Journey is mind-blowing with the transitions and extra Theming (it's a shame the storyline is very quick and hard to follow). T2 is decent because of the real acting and effects, the movie part is fairly boring.

Transformers uses more screens and less Theming, and doesn't really match Spiderman. Gringott's uses more screen time, and doesn't really match FJ. Kong is basically disaster, but with completely CGI effects instead of crazy flooding and fire. Fallon is just Europe in the air, a worse Soarin' with no replay value. Hopefully they will make some Hybrid rides with Nintendo Land, even though the IP totally does lend itself to screens.

Universal really needs to can it with the fully screened attractions. People are growing tired of them. Kong got bad guest reviews, Fallon will too, and Fast and Furious probably will as well. I can ride Hulk and Doom all day but these are really a once-ever experience.

What's bizzare is that the best ones are way older and the further they stray from real effects the worse they get. Spiderman is great because of the whole package of the set interaction with it. Forbidden Journey is mind-blowing with the transitions and extra Theming (it's a shame the storyline is very quick and hard to follow). T2 is decent because of the real acting and effects, the movie part is fairly boring.

Transformers uses more screens and less Theming, and doesn't really match Spiderman. Gringott's uses more screen time, and doesn't really match FJ. Kong is basically disaster, but with completely CGI effects instead of crazy flooding and fire. Fallon is just Europe in the air, a worse Soarin' with no replay value. Hopefully they will make some Hybrid rides with Nintendo Land, even though the IP totally does lend itself to screens.

I hope and pray at least one ride in Nintendo Land isn't fully screened. Speaking of Hulk, years ago I did it eight times in a row (I did exit and go back up the Express line between rides).

I can agree with you here. Thankfully it doesn't sound like Nintendo Land will rely on screens the same way Kong, Fallon, FF, Transformers, and Gringotts do (I'm willing to forgive Gringotts just because of how good the queue is, and the ride mechanism is a lot of fun as well--though it is the type of ride that takes a long time to experience mainly because of how important the queue is to the experience).

I strongly (but respectfully) disagree with the notion that HP is the "only reason" worth visiting UO. MiB, Mummy, Horror Makeup Show, Spidey, Hulk, Dudley, even Poseidon's Fury (never saw the old one but I love it) are all great IMO.

BTW was I the only one who liked Disaster?

I can agree with you here. Thankfully it doesn't sound like Nintendo Land will rely on screens the same way Kong, Fallon, FF, Transformers, and Gringotts do (I'm willing to forgive Gringotts just because of how good the queue is, and the ride mechanism is a lot of fun as well--though it is the type of ride that takes a long time to experience mainly because of how important the queue is to the experience).

I strongly (but respectfully) disagree with the notion that HP is the "only reason" worth visiting UO. MiB, Mummy, Horror Makeup Show, Spidey, Hulk, Dudley, even Poseidon's Fury (never saw the old one but I love it) are all great IMO.

BTW was I the only one who liked Disaster?

I like that I got picked and made the crowd laugh with a really bad Justin Beiber impression. Also Exploding Grandma!

- Also I didn't ride Dudley but Popeye & Bluto is pretty cool.