TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

I was just at Wet N Wild recently and saw all of the slides! I can't believe there was a fire over there! However, Volcano Bay is really shaping up as a lot of slides are already constructed and the volcano is really becoming visible from many areas! Looking forward to see the finished product

So I went last week to Universal and had a good time.

Mummy-- My favorite ride. I thought it was a ride that had good thrills and was fast paced. Plenty of action! Loved it!

Simpsons-- Good simulator ride. It kept me entertained.

Transformers-- Real good ride. I didn't like it as much as I like the new spider man at IOA but it was still a good ride with good graphics.

Shrek-- I thought shrek was a lot of fun! Plus it was nice to get out of the rainy weather on this one.

Harry Potter ride-- Fun fun ride. i don't know anything about harry potter but it was a good ride and they theme it awesome back there in harry potter land.

Minion ride-- Really enjoyed this one. Great graphics!!

ET-- fun litter indoor ride. Reminded me of when I was a kid.

Men in black-- fun ride! Enjoyed the competitive part of the ride. I just started shooting everywhere since I really didn't know what I was doing lol.

I didn't get to ride the rip ride rocket because of weather

Overall it was a good day at the park. I like IOA better since it has some more roller coasters and I feel like the rides there are a little more extreme. Saying that though, I wouldn't trade my trip for the world. Awesome family time!

Rode Kong yesterday during soft opening.

Sign read 75 minute wait, but it was more like 50.

The queue moves really well and there were no breakdowns when I was in line.

When it's raining or inclement weather, they can bypass the outdoor portion of the ride and just go right into the screening rooms.

The trucks are HUGE and can hold 72 people in 12 rows of 6.

The ride itself was fun and will surely be a crowd favorite.

IMG_6932.thumb.JPG.d2a6c30324860cb3735900feb374cb00.JPG

IMG_6934.thumb.JPG.f49bd081169cc8b31af8aa8f9b75dc9e.JPG

IMG_6935.thumb.JPG.b458d8e68b64fe9ff0de3445dbc62cbd.JPG

IMG_6936.thumb.JPG.50b1240bac88d7ee20971f9df413e378.JPG

IMG_6937.thumb.JPG.8a44c1770555e96d1c20a1d5bba2d9d1.JPG

IMG_6938.thumb.JPG.4575c040ab45d8f96fa20a9dba79ebff.JPG

IMG_6939.thumb.JPG.04a525db9ccbdcb2e0c41d77b3495222.JPG

IMG_6940.thumb.JPG.7145d5a16791df1679df04fe024faaee.JPG

IMG_6941.thumb.JPG.8c0af02b9f2bd76f920efa6af6e8af05.JPG

IMG_6943.thumb.JPG.6824ea14d705ba39ad0ca9d61a7413d6.JPG

IMG_6944.thumb.JPG.80e5d5a5fd95e626e2e1f9032c3bc3f6.JPG

This was just announced. NBCUniversal has just donated 1 million dollars in memory of the 6 ! yes SIX employees of Universal who were slaughtered. From NBCUniversal CEO Steve Burke’s internal email to employees:

It has been a heartbreaking week for our nation and for each of us as members of the NBCUniversal family. On Monday, I shared with you that two employees, Luis Vielma and Jonathan Camuy, died in the incomprehensible tragedy in Orlando. Sadly, we now know that four additional people associated with the company were killed. Jerald Wright and Xavier Emmanuel Serrano Rosado from Universal Studios Orlando; Anthony Laureano, a production assistant with one of Telemundo’s outside production partners on “La Voz Kids;” and Shane Tomlinson who regularly performed in a band at Universal Orlando’s City Walk, also lost their lives. Two other NBCUniversal employees were hospitalized and fortunately they are both recovering.

We’ve lost six special individuals who had so much to give to their families, friends and communities. Like me, I am sure many of you have spent much of the last several days mourning this senseless loss of life and grieving for those it has affected. As hard as this is for us to grapple with, you can imagine how difficult it is for our colleagues at Universal Orlando Resort, Telemundo and Golf Channel who call Orlando and Florida home, not to mention for those who worked directly with Luis, Jonathan, Jerald, Xavier, Anthony and Shane.

We have given a lot of thought to what we could do as a company to honor and support the victims and acknowledge this profound loss. To that end, Comcast NBCUniversal will be making a $1 million donation to the OneOrlando Fund, which has been set up by the Mayor of Orlando to support non-profits that are providing services to the victims and families, as well as working with the LGBTQ, Hispanic and other affected communities.

In addition, we will host two candlelight ceremonies tonight Thursday, June 16 at 10:00pm ET/7:00pm PT. The ceremonies will be held at the Music Plaza in Universal Studios Florida and the Globe Theatre in Universal Studios Hollywood

How do the ride lines at Universal Orlando and IOA get during Halloween Horror Nights? I'm sure the event attracts more people to the park, but does that mostly affect lines for the haunted attractions?

When I went 2 years ago the only ride that had a significant wait was Rip, Ride, Rockit everything else was a walk on. Not every attraction is open during HHN though and IOA usually closes around 8 I believe not sure if lines over there increase with those not attending HHN over in the Studios.

^^Daytime crowds for both are pretty light, because it's not the busy season. At night during HHN Rip Ride Rockit gets completely swamped, and Simpsons usually has a line of 30+ minutes. Minion mayhem had a pretty good line when they had it opened but it wasn't available last year. You should be skipping all the of the regular attractions in order to do Houses and shows, however, ESPECIALLY in the first and last hour of the event.

Regardless of season the best way to start a day at the park is by doing Minion Mayhem, then Rockit first thing in the morning. Or if in IOA, start with Potter (But skip Dueling Dragons for later), then work Counter-clockwise (though Kong may now be the best attraction to hit first).

How do the ride lines at Universal Orlando and IOA get during Halloween Horror Nights? I'm sure the event attracts more people to the park, but does that mostly affect lines for the haunted attractions?

I would suggest getting to HHN early, and ride Minions as the first thing. It will have a shorter wait than it has during the day. I was at Universal during the first week of October 2 years ago, but we had express. Most rides were between 20-30 Minutes during the days.

Is Kong an Express Pass ride?

No. It's not officially open yet, but if recent trends continue it won't have express right away or could be a while like the HP flagships which both have been open for years and have no express.

I would suggest getting to HHN early, and ride Minions as the first thing. It will have a shorter wait than it has during the day. I was at Universal during the first week of October 2 years ago, but we had express. Most rides were between 20-30 Minutes during the days.

Don't do this if you don't have express. The house lines will be as short as walking right in at opening, and 90 minutes two hours later. Only do houses when you start the event. HHN is a crowd sandwich and the middle of the event is extremely packed.

Just curious if universal studios handles closing the lines down right at closing, or do they close the lines off before the scheduled park closing if they are long?

Also, any word on hulk opening (hopefully by July 6th)?

They usually close the lines 1-2 minutes before park closing for some reason.

And no, no word on Hulk, but it definitely won't be ready for early June. Most people think it will open sometime in August based on the amount of work left for the queue.