TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

Light crowds completely change how USO looks!

Light crowds are one thing, but this is literally NO CROWDS! There was only about 15 of us in the park and like I said, they even held back service vehicles and after hours team members for this event so there wouldn't be anyone at all in the photos! It was just amazing!

That would have been a lot of fun.

If memory serves, before housing ATMs, those kiosks were computers where guests could send and check email. I want to say they were provided by AOL. This was back before Smart Phones were common. I don't believe they worked very well, and were not in operation for very long.

If memory serves, before housing ATMs, those kiosks were computers where guests could send and check email. I want to say they were provided by AOL. This was back before Smart Phones were common. I don't believe they worked very well, and were not in operation for very long.

You would be correct!

Edited by robbalvey

The second house for HHN26 has been confirmed, The Exorcist is coming to HHN for the first time ever. Announced on the Universal blog earlier today by Mike Aiello.

http://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/hhn-26-the-exorcist/

I'm excited!!! Hummm . . . the first 2 house announced are throwback horror movies. Hummm . . . I wonder if this is a pattern.

I'm excited!!! Hummm . . . the first 2 house announced are throwback horror movies. Hummm . . . I wonder if this is a pattern.

As long as they bring back The Thing and Dead Silence I'll be a happy man. The solo houses for Freddy, Jason, and Michael Meyers didn't ever do much for me. However the All Night Die-In was friggin incredible.

I love that parks are starting to get social media a little bit more. Those were some cool photos!

Agreed. It's nice to see Universal after dark when it isn't Halloween Horror NIght.

You would be correct!

I vaguely remember an internet cafe type place in Toon Lagoon to on my first visit to IoA?

Edited by robbalvey

Ok I wasn't sure where to post this, but I've been watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix, and they have a whole bit done at Universal Orlando at the end of season 2, and the theme park/coaster nerd jokes are hysterical. Seriously recommend checking it out for those who haven't watched the show. It's awesome!

I only just finished Season 1, hilarious show! Titus is my bae

Ive just watched this episode and had to say something about it! hahahaha the way the show portraited us "coasterheads" is just hilarious (and somehow pretty accurate?)

Hahahaha Its such a funny show and they knew that Rip Ride Rockit was an "X-car coaster". amazing

You would be correct!

I vaguely remember an internet cafe type place in Toon Lagoon to on my first visit to IoA?

Did it look like this?

And yeah, it's still open for some reason.

Universal Orlando's FB Page released a teaser for Hulk!!!

The teaser video is roughly 4 or 5 seconds long but it is definitely the trains for the coaster!

I paused the video just at the right moment when the strobe light flashed on the train. It seems that it will feature the same restraints which I'm perfectly fine with!

Here is the pic I snipped from the 4 second clip.

13173115_1168460476517814_6170819548615314917_o.jpg

Here is the teaser video:

[fbvideonew]https://www.facebook.com/UniversalOrlandoResort/videos/10153649813362852/[/fbvideonew]

Edited by chargersmichael

^ was that even a topic of discussion? To add the vest restraints the train has to be significantly wider which never could have happened given the launch tunnel / pre-existing layout. I agree w/ you though that it's a good thing they didn't get added.