TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

While the steel looks different and is updated to today's specifications, rail radius is likely the exact same as before. I.E. turns, loops, etc.

If you ride it when it reopens, you are going to travel the exact path that you traveled a year ago.

I don't even think they replaced lift or station track, just main ride track.

Honestly, I think I am more excited about this than Dollywood or Cedar Point.

Are you referring to Hulk or Kong? Either one would make you certifiably insane, of course. Hulk is just reopening as the same ride and Kong is an extended version of a six year old ride. Lightning Rod is, IMHO, easily the winner here.

Valravn, though? Yeah, Uni's definitely the winner.

Honestly, I think I am more excited about this than Dollywood or Cedar Point.

Are you referring to Hulk or Kong? Either one would make you certifiably insane, of course. Hulk is just reopening as the same ride and Kong is an extended version of a six year old ride. Lightning Rod is, IMHO, easily the winner here.

Valravn, though? Yeah, Uni's definitely the winner.

I was indeed talking about Hulk. Why would that make me certifiably insane? Hulk is a great classic B&M, and I am excited to see the new improvements throughout the whole experience.

What is insane is the constant complaining because a ride has been delayed from opening, or complaining about the name of a roller coaster. See my post in the Cedar Point thread. http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28853&start=29670

Hulk not sucking anymore from roughness would definitely be awesome. If it can go back to being an old school B&M but without the B&M rattle, that is definitely exciting.

I was gutted to miss out on riding Hulk when I visited for my Honeymoon in November last year. It was horrible walking underneath its trackless shuttle knowing I wouldn't get to ride. Hopefully one day I can afford to return and give the new and improved Hulk a go.

On a different note, one coaster I was really disappointed with was Rip Ride Rocket at Universal. This is by far the most uncomfortable coaster I have ever ridden, very rough and I felt sick after every ride. Did I catch it at a bad time?