TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

The ring on the end of the tunnel looks weird because they removed those green shard decorations from the end. And also the tunnel doesn't get any narrower at the end than it did before. It has always been that way. And if anyone wants to see good footage of Hulk, Mako Madness has some great shots in his newest video.

The guy from Mako Madness said that it looks as if they are getting the tunnel ready for repainting.

As for the narrow part of the tunnel, it has always been there. Hard to see from the train or the ground.

Found this by using this new thing called Google.

I was surfing youtube this morning and ran across a video of whats left of the nick studios at universal florida. It looks as if they just got up and left the building as is.

You're aware they turned half of it into the Blue Man theatre, yeah? Also holy crap that guy is horrible at editing and narrating, not to mention breaking a few laws.

I was surfing youtube this morning and ran across a video of whats left of the nick studios at universal florida. It looks as if they just got up and left the building as is.

You're aware they turned half of it into the Blue Man theatre, yeah? Also holy crap that guy is horrible at editing and narrating, not to mention breaking a few laws.

Nah, Adamthewoo is amazing

No I agree with Kyle. The video was shot in 2012, so it's not the current state of the building. I also hope he had permission....

Since one of the related videos that he has done has the title "Banned from Walt Disney World", I am willing to bet that he didn't.

I'm kind of amazed at how much has remained untouched. Ren and Stimpy has been off the air long before Nickelodeon left Universal and yet they still kept the artwork there. Interesting.

Okay I have to say being how intensely people have been comparing the old ride structure to the new one actually disturbs me.........

I see this rebuild going one of three ways.

1) Wow they have ruined the Hulk now all the fanboys will bitch about it for the next 20 billion years

2) Meh its no different than it was before so I will bitch about it anyway

3) HOLY SH!T this is so freaking awesome im going to buy a special pack of Hulk underpants so when I soil them I can replace them easily.

Regardless of which one of those outcomes it is I can say one thing with absolute certainty. This is way better than all that Potter stuff.

Okay I have to say being how intensely people have been comparing the old ride structure to the new one actually disturbs me........

A bit rude... but OK...

I just see a lot of people ask whether it's exactly the same or not, so I thought I'd compile the differences between the old and new version into one post. Will make a mental note not to do this again, just thought some people would find it interesting/useful. I will go back to observing boat jokes in the Cedar Point thread.

Okay I have to say being how intensely people have been comparing the old ride structure to the new one actually disturbs me........

A bit rude... but OK...

I just see a lot of people ask whether it's exactly the same or not, so I thought I'd compile the differences between the old and new version into one post. Will make a mental note not to do this again, just thought some people would find it interesting/useful. I will go back to observing boat jokes in the Cedar Point thread.

Don't stop on my account I was just saying thats my opinion on it. If thats what floats your boat feel free I'm in no position to stop people being that into stuff. Just my personal perspective is when you get that intense into something it can detract from the main purpose of the ride which is to be awesome.

The comparisons are actually really interesting. Anyone who enjoys roller coasters for their architectural/engineering aspects and who don't just love roller coasters because they're "OMG crazy kewl YOLO" would appreciate the comparisons. Thanks, KarlaKoaster for doing it

*Edit* it appears that she took down the comparison photos.

Edited by southpuddle

Will make a mental note not to do this again, just thought some people would find it interesting/useful. I will go back to observing boat jokes in the Cedar Point thread.

Please don't do that, your upclose difference posts were great.

I think everyone's interested as this the first time any B&M has ever been completely torn down and rebuilt to the same plans.

I'm just fascinated seeing how the ride has been improved structurally so these differences ARE actually interesting to the technically minded.

I'm unable to get myself to IOA at the moment so any information / photos have been really, really exciting to me. Keep em coming!

It doesn't "float my boat" I just thought some people would find it useful. But whatever, moving on... I'm sure it'll be awesome like you say.

I really enjoyed looking at those comparison shots! It's really interesting to see, from an engineering standpoint, how changes like those make such a huge difference.