TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

NEW RESTAURANT BRINGS INCREDIBLE CHOCOLATE, DELICIOUSLY EXPANSIVE MENU AND STUNNING ATMOSPHERE TO UNIVERSAL CITYWALK

Unique Experience is the Latest in Popular Dining Concepts Only Found at Universal Orlando Resort!

ce7a9269-736f-4c5c-8d7c-300ae4a5f28c.thumb.jpeg.b0a6dadceb2f2efefe460d2bef913974.jpeg

ORLANDO, Fla. (March 14, 2016) – The Toothsome Chocolate Factory & Savory Feast Emporium at Universal CityWalk may be the most spectacularly delicious example yet of what happens when the Universal Creative team that designs theme park attractions comes together with the culinary team that creates blockbuster food and beverage experiences.

Set to open later this year, The Toothsome Chocolate Factory will be a full-service restaurant that brings together a specially created and expansive menu plus an incredible array of gourmet-level chocolates and desserts – all in a highly themed, unique environment that can only be found at Universal CityWalk.

The restaurant will be located near the entrance to Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme park, and visible around the entire CityWalk lagoon. Welcome to the 19th century inspired, Steampunk-era chocolate factory, complete with towering smokestacks, tanks and antique piping. Inside, a mix of brass, dark wood and gadgetry – along with staff who will look and act the part – will complete the Steampunk feel.

This unique experience will be punctuated by the food that will completely enrapture you. The menu features a wide variety of unexpected, yet familiar dishes – from all-day-brunch crepes and quiches to unique takes on classic steak, seafood and pasta entrees, gourmet burgers, sandwiches, scrumptious salads and so much more. The number of options will leave you speechless. And the desserts and specialty items will be beyond the imagination.

The artisan milkshake collection will include shakes with names such as Chocolate x5 – mixed with chocolate spirals, chocolate chunks, chocolate ice cream and more – along with Bacon Brittle, Espresso Buzzzz, Red Velvet and Key Lime Pie.

The sundaes include S’mores – with chocolate ice cream, chocolate sauce, marshmallow cream, graham crackers and more – Salted Caramel Flan, Chocolate Brownie Bark – and more.

Guests will also be able to watch chocolate creations being prepared – and purchase them from the restaurant’s retail shop to take home and enjoy.

The new restaurant will be the latest in a progression of incredibly popular dining concepts that have opened at Universal CityWalk over the past couple years – nine new concepts in two years, to be exact.

Chocolate-2.thumb.jpg.8174f6846052f5dd1f75b28b54d3fe4f.jpg

Chocolate-3.thumb.jpg.6aa23ef55e421425a60bf47e02518813.jpg

^ That's what I thought too, when I first saw it! I was actually looking for the Willy Wonka logo above the main sign.

Now, after reading about their upcoming menus etc., definitely not Willy Wonka, heh.

Some pics I took yesterday at IOA and USF.

Spring Break has arrived and with it the CROWDS. I guess I will wait til April to go back!

IMG_5813.thumb.JPG.5ee9041d8bffc17216e13681df74e712.JPG

So far so good

IMG_5814.thumb.JPG.ed66ad40e84a8ac1c8d565e6a64a8e8a.JPG

A panoramic view of what is left to do

IMG_5815.thumb.JPG.ece79c11fbd44c7e214c2d05e1364648.JPG

Those supports that everyone is freaking out over

IMG_5816.thumb.JPG.be0e8091dfe4b31487ee1059f60da1e6.JPG

Track

IMG_5817.thumb.JPG.0218d18e4cecca03636d24ff2ca7aa65.JPG

More track

IMG_5818.thumb.JPG.ee2e33f51ebe7df5a76f3a0299bed17a.JPG

Kong

IMG_5819.thumb.JPG.77c79cdf28e332f3ddefaa92cc427be2.JPG

Kong panorama from Jurassic play area

IMG_5824.thumb.JPG.190050534afc462a53b78853b07227e0.JPG

Dora was freaking out over my Rivers of Light t-shirt.

Is there any update as to possible openings of Kong and re-opening of Hulk? Both look fairly advanced.

Still "summer 2016" for both projects, but late May/early June looks plausible especially since Kong has been testing since a few weeks back.

I am heading to Universal/Islands for my first visit on March 28-30, right after Easter Sunday. I'm expecting huge crowds but just how huge are we talking? Any advice on how to tackle the rides at each park in order to assure we get on everything?

I am heading to Universal/Islands for my first visit on March 28-30, right after Easter Sunday. I'm expecting huge crowds but just how huge are we talking? Any advice on how to tackle the rides at each park in order to assure we get on everything?

If you're staying on property, you will get in an hour early. Do Diagon Alley one morning and Hogsmeade the other. If not, prepare to wait. The crowds will be crazy.

Single rider lines at Forbidden Journey, Gringotts, Mummy, Dr. Doom, Spiderman, Transformers, and Men in Black will help you get on those rides. The single rider line for Rip Ride Rockit usually moves VERY slowly.

Good luck!

The single rider line for Rip Ride Rockit usually moves VERY slowly.

Understatement of the century, right there. A geriatric crippled snail moves like lightning in comparison.

Is there any update as to possible openings of Kong and re-opening of Hulk? Both look fairly advanced.

Still "summer 2016" for both projects, but late May/early June looks plausible especially since Kong has been testing since a few weeks back.

Testing doesn't necessarily mean an opening is imminent. Depends on the process and what testing finds. I wouldn't plan anything for any specific date just yet.

Edited by Jew

Going to be tight for my trip. In week of 13-20 May I have a nervous wait for these two, Mako and Cobras Curse.

Was at the park today! The Cobra Roll is complete and the twist coming out of the tunnel was started!!! Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures with me as my phone died by the time I finished up at Universal and made it over to Islands.

Btw, anyone notice something weird about the tunnel? The last green strip on the outside looks crooked and broken almost. It looks as if it they slid it back. Also, the opening out of the tunnel looks more narrow. It seems they built a smaller ring around it just before you exit the tunnel.

Kong was looking amazing! I'm sure it is going to be a huge hit with the park!

Lots of work was being done on the outside of the Jimmy Fallon building. Almost looks as if a new facade was being put up.