TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

I mean, unfortunately they have to do the best with the space they have. They'd have to redesign the entire plaza to accommodate for the extra security procedures for that sort of thing to not happen.

^ I agree...I would never visit a park in FL at this time of year - if I saw a crowd like in that photo, I would be highly tempted to probably just turn tail and leave.

We have had great luck with crowds at the FL parks in early December, late January and March (never during school vacation though).

^^There is nothing in that entire resort that is worth waiting in that kind of craziness... There's another 11.5 months of the year that are far more manageable for guests during which I'd rather visit.

The reality is, for the majority of those people in that crazyness...that is probably the only time they can visit due to school, job, etc.

^^There is nothing in that entire resort that is worth waiting in that kind of craziness... There's another 11.5 months of the year that are far more manageable for guests during which I'd rather visit.

The reality is, for the majority of those people in that crazyness...that is probably the only time they can visit due to school, job, etc.

I was about to say just that and that includes my family when we plan to go to Orlando as our once in a life-time trip, there are so many places here in Asia who only grant the last week of July/first week of August and last week of December as the same 10 days vacation a year, unless I change jobs and time it between jobs, we are stuck by those school days as are a lot of families here so you just have to suck it up and bear it, which is sad since that picture could represent our one impression of USO on our visits.

Then again most of our normal vacations are to places likes USJ and TDL so there's that, some of my friends would just look at that line think normal crowds and then just wonder why it moves so slowly compared to Japan.

Edited by Garet

Exactly.

Oh, I totally get it. I'd just rather yield my party's space in line to those guests who have those one and only time visits, because I do have the luxury of coming back when it isn't so busy. I've waited in crazy lines many times for ride (or land) openings at Universal but being able to come back with my pass more often gives me far less urgency during any one visit to wait in that kind of line during the busy season, unless I'm with someone who is on their one and only trip.

Cops: Disgruntled contractor stabbed former co-worker at Universal Orlando

Frederick Torres wasn't happy when he found out he'd been fired.

The 33-year-old former contractor with Universal Orlando threatened his boss Friday morning that if he was actually fired, he'd kill one of his co-workers, according to an Orlando police report.

Minutes later, park security officers in the Toon Lagoon area of Islands of Adventure were pulling Torres off a bloody and battered Glenn Ferguson as he lay helpless on the ground next to a pair of green scissors.

Park guests captured part of the altercation on cell phones and told Orlando police they saw Torres lunge and swing at Ferguson, according to the report released Monday.

Torres then got on top of Ferguson, police said, and stabbed him several times with the scissors.

Police said Torres had been fired as a contractor the day before, but showed up about 9 a.m. on Friday for work in the Islands of Adventure park.

Ferguson – also a contractor – called their boss, who immediately contacted Torres to tell him to leave, according to the report.

Torres got upset and threatened to "slit Glenn's throat," and "kill your number one artist," the report states. Park security officers were then notified of the situation and responded to the Toon Lagoon area.

Park guests told police they saw Torres chasing Ferguson. At one point, a security officer got between the pair and it appeared Ferguson took cover behind the officer, the report states.

Torres then started swinging at Ferguson's head and the pair ended up on the ground before officers could pull Torres away, according to police.

Ferguson was taken to a local hospital and rushed into emergency surgery with multiple stab wounds.

Police said one of the wounds severed an artery in his neck and caused brain damage. At the time of his surgery, doctors told police Ferguson had a 50 percent chance of surviving, according to the report.

On Friday, Universal Orlando spokesman Tom Schroder confirmed that both men were contractors and not park employees.

Torres is facing charges of attempted first-degree murder.

He is being held in the Orange County Jail without bail.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-universal-orlando-worker-fight-arrest-20160104-story.html

Cops: Disgruntled contractor stabbed former co-worker at Universal Orlando

Frederick Torres wasn't happy when he found out he'd been fired.

The 33-year-old former contractor with Universal Orlando threatened his boss Friday morning that if he was actually fired, he'd kill one of his co-workers, according to an Orlando police report.

Minutes later, park security officers in the Toon Lagoon area of Islands of Adventure were pulling Torres off a bloody and battered Glenn Ferguson as he lay helpless on the ground next to a pair of green scissors.

Park guests captured part of the altercation on cell phones and told Orlando police they saw Torres lunge and swing at Ferguson, according to the report released Monday.

Torres then got on top of Ferguson, police said, and stabbed him several times with the scissors.

Police said Torres had been fired as a contractor the day before, but showed up about 9 a.m. on Friday for work in the Islands of Adventure park.

Ferguson – also a contractor – called their boss, who immediately contacted Torres to tell him to leave, according to the report.

Torres got upset and threatened to "slit Glenn's throat," and "kill your number one artist," the report states. Park security officers were then notified of the situation and responded to the Toon Lagoon area.

Park guests told police they saw Torres chasing Ferguson. At one point, a security officer got between the pair and it appeared Ferguson took cover behind the officer, the report states.

Torres then started swinging at Ferguson's head and the pair ended up on the ground before officers could pull Torres away, according to police.

Ferguson was taken to a local hospital and rushed into emergency surgery with multiple stab wounds.

Police said one of the wounds severed an artery in his neck and caused brain damage. At the time of his surgery, doctors told police Ferguson had a 50 percent chance of surviving, according to the report.

On Friday, Universal Orlando spokesman Tom Schroder confirmed that both men were contractors and not park employees.

Torres is facing charges of attempted first-degree murder.

He is being held in the Orange County Jail without bail.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-universal-orlando-worker-fight-arrest-20160104-story.html

: