TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 624 - New Epic Universe details, including Isle of Berk!

^You know its funny, I have several friends down here in Florida with younger kids who recently visited Universal for the first time after making several trips to Disney in previous years and more of them than I was expecting raved about Universal and how it was so much better than Disney to them.

I love both properties for different reasons since they really are "different" but it's easy to forget that there are a lot of people out there that aren't fans of the Disney parks and prefer Universal so that's not surprising.

Well according to TripAdvisor, Universal in the number one park in the world.

I imagine there are three reasons for this: Harry Potter, Harry Potter, and Harry Potter.

I would imagine you are correct.

I prefer Universal over Disney.

^ Praying that this thread doesn't become Disney v. Universal.

Anyway, I loved J.K. Rowling's strict vision for WWoHP because she pressured Uni to work harder than ever. The attention to detail is unbelievable and seems to have (hopefully) set a new standard for all future Uni attractions. However, it would be very sad to see Dragon Challenge go. I doubt it would be moved into Nintendo land because of the cost and also the higher ups at Nintendo have even more ridiculous standards than Rowling and wouldn't settle for a re-themed ride. But it would be a shame to lose one (2) of the few coasters at the park.

Ah, what a sight to behold! Looks like it's exactly the same colour, supports and all I wonder whether Clermont Steel have gone into the archives, brought up the Hulk files on their computer and just did CTRL+P, or whether some smoothing out of the transitions has happened? I suspect the latter, because snappier transitions mean more stress, wear, tear and roughness in time. Will be interested to see if it's filled with sand too. I'll guess we'll be able to tell soon enough because doesn't filled track have little caps on it?

Ah, what a sight to behold! Looks like it's exactly the same colour, supports and all I wonder whether Clermont Steel have gone into the archives, brought up the Hulk files on their computer and just did CTRL+P, or whether some smoothing out of the transitions has happened? I suspect the latter, because snappier transitions mean more stress, wear, tear and roughness in time. Will be interested to see if it's filled with sand too. I'll guess we'll be able to tell soon enough because doesn't filled track have little caps on it?

I believe it will be filled with sand. And I think they do have caps on them. I've tried looking on talon and hydra at DP because they are both filled with sand and I've never been able to find/see the caps. I'm going to Orlando this weekend so I hope I see some of the track arrive.

Well, at least we can stop debating who is doing the refurbishment...

Wait... So it's NOT RMC doing the refurbishment??

I think it is. They just contracted B&M to do all the work for them...

It's about time. This has potential to be the best coaster ever built.