TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

[attachment=0]bmOyQv1.jpg[/attachment]

Am I allowed to post this? It's from Carowinds Connection and apparently it's a new Hulk support (not 100% confirmed yet though)

*If I'm not allowed to post this I apologize.

That looks like no B&M support I have ever seen. I am thinking that is for something else. AFAIK, the color scheme is not changing at all.

[attachment=0]bmOyQv1.jpg[/attachment]

Am I allowed to post this? It's from Carowinds Connection and apparently it's a new Hulk support (not 100% confirmed yet though)

*If I'm not allowed to post this I apologize.

I was wondering how long before it start floating around. No, that isn't hulks support. The poster didn't even alude to the fact that it could be.

I was wondering how long before it start floating around. No, that isn't hulks support. The poster didn't even alude to the fact that it could be.

He explicitly said it was a Hulk support in a previous post before he added the image...

My first day here in Clearwater, Florida had a nice surprise. As I walked into the building the very first thing I saw is a new support for Hulk. I asked if that is what it was and was told yes, that they are doing supports. More info and pics later.

That being said, as previously mentioned, this 'support' doesn't really look like any other B&M supports, so he could be just having some fun with the internet... Plus, why would they be manufacturing coaster supports in Clearwater?

It's also possible this is some sort of scenic support or part of the theming for the queue...

He explicitly said it was a Hulk support in a previous post before he added the image...

My first day here in Clearwater, Florida had a nice surprise. As I walked into the building the very first thing I saw is a new support for Hulk. I asked if that is what it was and was told yes, that they are doing supports. More info and pics later.

That being said, as previously mentioned, this 'support' doesn't really look like any other B&M supports, so he could be just having some fun with the internet... Plus, why would they be manufacturing coaster supports in Clearwater?

It's also possible this is some sort of scenic support or part of the theming for the queue...

From my understanding, the poster works at a place that makes several companies supports. I think he would have said that was for hulk if it was. I have reasons to believe it is not for hulk

Does anybody know which scrap yard they were sending the track to? somewhere i saw reference to a blog that had pictures but couldn't find it.

This is kinda a stretch, but i wondered about buying a piece. i don't know if there are any intellectual property issues preventing this, but it would be neat. I own a brewery and would put it on display in the taproom.

I am also guessing it is really really heavy, so i don't know what would be affordable/ practical???

Does anybody know which scrap yard they were sending the track to? somewhere i saw reference to a blog that had pictures but couldn't find it.

This is kinda a stretch, but i wondered about buying a piece. i don't know if there are any intellectual property issues preventing this, but it would be neat. I own a brewery and would put it on display in the taproom.

I am also guessing it is really really heavy, so i don't know what

would be affordable/ practical???

I'm not sure if this is true or not but I have heard they were given explicit instructions not to sell any of the hulk track or parts.

Pardon my ignorance, but how does that work when a park decides to scrap a coaster? Do they get some type of money back for scrap metal? Like recycling a really big can? lol

Yes, that is how recycling works.

It happened to a good portion of GL's coasters.

I'm excited for details to eventually emerge on this project! I am rather intrigued!

I am also guessing it is really really heavy, so i don't know what would be affordable/ practical???

Part of the contract that Universal and the scrap yard have is that the scrap yard can not re-sell anything that belongs to the Hulk. I believe In The Loop actually asked the scrap yard.

Saw on Facebook that dragon challenge maybe next to get a refurb after hulk.

I will be VERY surprised if that happens since so many rumors I've heard tell me that coaster is getting exactly opposite of a refurb... but we shall see!

Saw on Facebook that dragon challenge maybe next to get a refurb after hulk.

I will be VERY surprised if that happens since so many rumors I've heard tell me that coaster is getting exactly opposite of a refurb... but we shall see!

I highly doubt they would close it. It's one of the best rides in the park. The only way I can see them removing it is if they are sending it to their new park and replacing it with an even better coaster.