TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

Heading to USO with the girlfriend on, Thursday 12/10. Can both parks be done in a day?

Keep in mind, this will be the holiday season so a lot of places around the world flocks to orlando for the warm temps. Are you staying on site? Park to park tickets? I would get there as early as possible. Also, at the time you would have likely 3 attractions down for good as well as 3 water rides they may be too cold to experience so that means less attractions at each park to filter the people thru. I would get to islands first, as it usually opens earlier and stays open longer, and go clockwise hitting up spiderman and making my way hogsmead. If the line is long they do have a single riders line. Dragons challenge never really has a line due to the capacity. If you wanna just walk thru suess landing, i would take a walk thru there but I would return to take the train to the studios. Get there, see how crowded diagon alley is. If its too crowded the rest of the park may not be. Men in Black has a single riders line as well as transformers. Despicable me has the longest line outside of diagon alley. But it is possible to do the entire park from start to finish.

Kinda funny calling this a refurbishment when it's more a complete replacing of the entire ride. My curiosity is definitely peaked as to what the layout will be like when they begin the rebuild.

I Imagine they would be ripping out footers already too if major layout changes were planned.

Fallon-announcement-art-featured-1440x900.thumb.jpg.f89a0f21f62d76ea75295f2bd3efcfec.jpg

JIMMY FALLON TO GET HIS OWN RIDE AT UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT IN 2017

http://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/jimmy-fallon-new-ride/

I’ll never forget my first phone call from Universal Creative when I joined the company as a creative director last year. The executive producer was calling me with my first assignment. I couldn’t wait to hear what he had to say!

Which blockbuster film franchise would be featured in my very first Universal project?

“Jimmy Fallon,” he said.

“What about him?” I asked.

“He’s getting his own ride, and you guys need to figure it out,” he said.

“We’re gonna do what, now?” I asked.

In all seriousness, I was equally surprised and delighted. Jimmy had just taken the world by storm with the new incarnation of The Tonight Show. He was already sitting comfortably atop the ratings heap and fast becoming a viral sensation.

Plus, I’ve been a late night fan my entire life. I was even lucky enough to attend tapings of The Tonight Show when the previous two hosts sat behind the fabled desk. I was in my element.

But what kind of story would we tell? How could we create a compelling guest experience that emerged organically from the world of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon? That was the challenge facing the entire Universal Creative team, but considering their track record, I was pretty sure I was surrounded by the people who could crack it.

Jimmy wanted a fun and hilarious adventure that was also a valentine to his hometown of New York City—and that’s exactly what you’re going to experience when “Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon” opens at Universal Studios Florida in 2017.

So, what’s the attraction going to be like? I can’t tell you everything, but I can tell you our team found inspiration in the outrageous celebrity races that have become one of the most popular segments of Jimmy’s Tonight Show. The source material already features a wild and crazy ride almost every week! And since Universal Studios Florida has long been famous for placing guests in the middle of their favorite movies and TV shows, we thought it was a perfect fit.

Soon, you will get the full Tonight Show experience as you make your way to the fabled Studio 6B for a very special taping in which Jimmy challenges his studio audience to the ultimate race through the greatest city on earth.

You’ll rocket through the streets—and skies—of New York City, from the deepest subway tunnels to the tallest skyscrapers, encountering colorful characters, famous landmarks and anything else that comes to Jimmy’s mind—and “that is some weird, wild stuff,” to quote an iconic previous host.

Our Universal Creative team has had an amazing experience collaborating with Jimmy and his staff of veteran comedy writers to create an unforgettable adventure that will bring The Tonight Show and New York City to life for our guests like never before. And our creative adventure is just beginning.

As you can probably imagine, Jimmy’s full of surprises and even we are never quite sure what’s going to happen next – just like on The Tonight Show!

To make way for this new experience, Twister…Ride It Out will close on November 2.

Kinda funny calling this a refurbishment when it's more a complete replacing of the entire ride. My curiosity is definitely peaked as to what the layout will be like when they begin the rebuild.

I Imagine they would be ripping out footers already too if major layout changes were planned.

My thoughts exactly, plus surely we would have heard about a new layout before the refurb happened, just like we heard about the launch and new trains. I think it will be basically the same layout, just tamed down a bit so that it ages better and is smoother. The big mystery for me though is where is the track because it hasn't been seen at Clermont, right?

I know Twister is getting old and outdated, but this doesn't interest me at all and I actually watch The Tonight Show every once in a while. I'd much rather them do something with the space like bring back the Ghostbusters show there with the new cast or some other newer movie that will appeal to a wider variety of people. Was this pitched as a joke and some higher up didn't realize it?? And what about Bill Paxton, where will he go, what will he do, and how will we remember who he is!

Our Universal Creative team has had an amazing experience collaborating with Jimmy and his staff of veteran comedy writers to create an unforgettable adventure that will bring The Tonight Show and New York City to life for our guests like never before. And our creative adventure is just beginning.

Since when does Fallon have a staff of comedy writers?

With them specifically mentioning "the skies of New York", I have a feeling this is going to be like Soarin', but through NYC with narration featuring jokes from Jimmy.

I really like Fallon and his show, and even though this isn't going to drive me to return to Orlando for this attraction, specifically, I do think it will be a fun addition to the park.