TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

Sorry, I will try a new host. I can can see them when I post from my live.com account but apparently nobody else can.

It's odd because I can see the picture too... And it loads immediately for me too. I can't see the first one you originally posted though, just the new one.

*edit* I can't see the new one you just uploaded though. Weird.

Sorry, I'm terrible with posting pictures. lol It's working for me now but we'll see if others can see it.

I just uploaded it to TPR for you. I'm not sure why you just didn't do this in the first place as it's the quickest, easiest way to upload an image here and guarantee 100% that it will appear with no problems.

So they pretty much purchased a new coaster.

I would have no issues with this. It'll be good to see the Hulk return with state-of-the-art track and perhaps an improved launching system.

I didn't think about the old school B&M roar, as much as I like that on rides like Kumba it is fairly unpleasant when your just standing around the midway and waiting in line. Atleast with Kumba (and several other older rides with the roar) the layout is isolated to a confined area where as half of Hulk is right there in the middle of the park. I wouldn't be shocked if the new track whomeverit comes from has some reduced noise.

So they pretty much purchased a new coaster.

I would have no issues with this. It'll be good to see the Hulk return with state-of-the-art track and perhaps an improved launching system.

I agree. I never have an issue with a park investing in upkeep/maintenance. Universal and Disney are known to do just that.

What are you guys doing where it will take several hours to explore both diagon alley and hogsmead each?

Standing in the lines? I only have Japan's version to judge lines and looking at the Gringotts opening TR's though, so maybe they are a lot less now.

^With express, absolutely. Without express, you will miss some minor things, but you can do all the headliners just fine.

In a one day plan, I would definitely recommend starting with Despicable Me and Rip Ride Rockit. Both get dramatically longer later in the day up to 90 minutes for each depending on season. Then do transformers and Mummy, Take the Hogwarts express over to Hogsmeade and do Flying Unicorn, then Forbidden Journey, then the water rides of Jurassic Park and Toon Lagoon, then Spiderman and the rest of the IOA loop in turn (including Dragons a bit later). This Itinerary takes out all the long waits at UO quickly, and then almost all of IOA before noon. Gringott's and Diagon would still be left but that ride has good capacity. MIB, Simpsons and E.T usually don't have long waits at all.

This Saturday will be my first time going to USO and HHN! We ring only be going in for HHN and not during the day. We will be using Express Passes. Can anyone give me the best strategies/what houses to go to and when to avoid the worst lines? I know it will be busy! I heard it was best to go to the sound stages first as we will be there early and get in the park as soon as it opens to avoid the rush to those. I did hear about the holding areas and they get let out early and the soundstages open early for them. Would it be better to hit the Walking Dead, then Purge, then Insidious first if everyone goes to the soundstages first? Then hit up the soundstages after everyone else does them and then they go to the ones we go already did? I would like to do the houses at least 2 times and use the express pass as minimal early so we can use them for a 2nd time for when the lines are bad. I do want to ride all the open ride too but know to wait later for those and those lines are never bad! Any input on the best strategies for anyone who knows would be greatly appreciated!

It sure is strange seeing Hulk like that, normally when we see steel coasters like this they're either being built or being taken apart for relocation. Really excited to see the final result and how mcuh of an improvement it will be.