TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

I saw on Twitter tonight that some track pieces have been removed from the Hulk!!!

Ooh, thanks for the heads up! Just found this on @AmusementBuzz. I guess no track has been spotted outside the steelworks in Clermont? (unless they're going to change it into an RMC monorail )

CP2l_-tUkAAgdsi.jpg.e8323c1f678c22fd9c405f7483c6d799.jpg

^^^NOOO!!! Are they removing it???

Oh, and by the way, for Fast and the Furious, I just realized that they started teasing it during HRRR construction:

imgp0681_174.jpg

Looks more like an advert for the 4th movie than a tease for the ride based on the time when HRRR was being constructed.

^^^NOOO!!! Are they removing it???

Oh, and by the way, for Fast and the Furious, I just realized that they started teasing it during HRRR construction:

No, it's down for a big rehab and will have an updated launch, updates to the trains (possibly new trains altogether?) and is having work done on the track. At one point it was rumoured that all the track will be replaced, but not sure if this is the case, or if only sections will be worked on. I can't wait to ride it again

And thanks for the Fast and Furious pic, HHN seems the perfect time to start advertising it.

Doesn't even look like they tried to salvage anything for parts. I take that as a good sign MAJOR changes are coming!

I'm actually surprised that they didn't rip the foam off of the harnesses and use them as spares for Dragon Challenge.

I agree it's sad to see them in the dumpster. I bet there are some enthusiasts out there who would love to own one that would pay for it. Also, why not send a train to the roller coaster museum? That's what it's there for! They even sent Mantis there, and who the hell is going to go have nostalgia for Mantis?

I agree it's sad to see them in the dumpster. I bet there are some enthusiasts out there who would love to own one that would pay for it. Also, why not send a train to the roller coaster museum? That's what it's there for! They even sent Mantis there, and who the hell is going to go have nostalgia for Mantis?

There's not many people who could afford to pay what the trains are actually worth. The roller coaster museum is a joke (nor does EVERY roller coaster train/car need to be preserved).

Theme parks are hoarders. They wouldn't scrap these unless there was a reason they HAD to.

Didn't they have like 4 trains for Hulk? I'm sure they salvaged what they needed for the future.

This project kind of flew under my radar, I remember hearing about an extended clsoure for the attraction but didn't realize that included a complete (or atleast partial) track overhaul and possibly new trains for the attraction, I just thought they were updating the launch. Should be interesting to follow, I'm guessing they'll be getting the new style restaints like Banshee and the wing rider trains (I guess Valrvn has them too). I'm wondering if the new launch will be LSM like Thunderbird which would make sense why they have to completly overhaul the the trains to accomodate the new launch system.