TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

This made me wish that they have come up with a maze that involves people getting beaten to death with their selfie sticks! Thats something I would pay to go and see.

There has to be a selfie-stick impalement in the Purge maze.

Does anyone know when the HHN25 map will come out? I heard the Walking Dead will be back in the Parade building. Also, where is this 9th maze of Asylum in Wonderland 3D? Will the Jack the Clown show be where Beetlejuice is?

Btw...today was the last day of the Hulk! See ya again in 9 months Hulk! I can't wait to see the upgrades it gets.

Also, Disaster officially closed today!

Does anyone know when the HHN25 map will come out? I heard the Walking Dead will be back in the Parade building. Also, where is this 9th maze of Asylum in Wonderland 3D? Will the Jack the Clown show be where Beetlejuice is?

Btw...today was the last day of the Hulk! See ya again in 9 months Hulk! I can't wait to see the upgrades it gets.

Also, Disaster officially closed today!

It was tweeted out a couple of days ago, the wonderland 3d maze is going in the Shrek building with the entrance somewhere on the backside by Mel's I believe. Jack's show is on a stage built right across from there where the sacrifice by the voodoo queen was last year.

image.thumb.jpg.ef3af4798efda669ac5491d87052a2d1.jpg

Not the map handed out in park as rides not listed on this version however.

This made me wish that they have come up with a maze that involves people getting beaten to death with their selfie sticks! Thats something I would pay to go and see.

I approve of this idea so much that I will give you a straight from the city that the real Nina Kleppe lives in!

(*except I'm in Sweden right now, but that's only until tomorrow)

HHN Director's Cut Commercial Released! I love it!!!

WATCH THE EXCLUSIVE DIRECTOR’S CUT OF HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS TV AD

Summer’s over. School’s back in session. My lumbago is acting up. Things are just tough, you know?

But when I caught a sneak peek of the director’s cut of the Halloween Horror Nights 25 TV commercial, I felt like all was right in the world again. Seeing Jack terrorize innocent victims meant that Halloween Horror Nights was just around the corner.

You’ll probably start to see the :30 commercial on your TV, but the full story is right here. To learn more about what went into creating this masterpiece, I headed to see my buddy Troy Scillian, our Executive Creative Director, who helped bring this year’s TV spot to life.

Tell me about this year’s Halloween Horror Nights commercial.

First, working with psychotic killers and a small horde of undead requires extra focus. For the most part, this was manageable as the “talent” were in cages most of the time and the crew stayed behind a protective barrier.

How was working with the undead?

Well, they are inherently not great actors. They just do what they do—try to bite everyone. If it weren’t for our professional wranglers, we never would have gotten the shots we needed. I don’t know how this happened, but we ended up with three more undead and three less production assistants than we started with.

What was it like working with Jack the Clown?

Jack was heavily involved in the development of the script, the location details and even selected our young couple. (We’re not sure where he got them; he just brought them to the set.) The couple were great actors. Very method. Even when the cameras weren’t rolling they remained in character and stayed genuinely terrified.

What is Jack like as a person?

Jack has none of the attitude you’d expect with many celebrities. Our director brought his son, Brandon, to the set and Jack graciously offered to show up for Brandon’s fifth birthday party. He’s just that kind of guy.

How about Chance?

Jack and Chance’s relationship has been well documented in the tabloids, so I won’t go into any of that nonsense. On set, they were nothing but professional. It was Chance’s idea to play a game with the young couple by putting them on the wheel. Jack just kept yelling, “Stop playing with your food.” Then he and Chance would laugh. I never got the joke.

Interesting fact: Jack and Chance don’t require make-up—that saved us a lot of time and money.

[youtu_be]https://youtu.be/8xUmZuqtJBE[/youtu_be]

Just a thought; Since its rumored that The Hulk is getting the new LSM launch mechanisms from B&M, would that more than likely mean new trains? And if that's the case could we see the new Vest restraints from the Wing and Dive coasters?

Just a thought; Since its rumored that The Hulk is getting the new LSM launch mechanisms from B&M, would that more than likely mean new trains? And if that's the case could we see the new Vest restraints from the Wing and Dive coasters?

I mean anything is possible if it's a full retrack, but I believe the new track would have to be wider and then support clearance adjusted also it would have to be a floorless conversion(would essentially be a brand new coaster). If the rumors are indeed true about the retrack and brand new launch system with an updated queue I highly doubt universal would want to spend even more in order to use a new type of restraint. This is just my thinking but no, I'd expect the trains to remain the same or very similar.

Personally, in the future I would like to see Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit get some upgrades.

I like the way the ride is now...but it can be a rough ride especially if you're not in the front.

I think an indoor queue, new trains, and some more upgrades would do the ride wonders! If Universal ever hops onto the RFID technology, they could incorporate a Test Track like pre-show to choose your own song/music video set. Then go to scan your card and then ride!

Last night we were invited to the HHN25 preview night, and here's what went down...

COaqRFpUwAA4_Uk.jpg

Tonight we are at Universal Orlando for the official "preview" of Halloween Horror Nights 25!

About to enter the #HHN25 preview!

COa6Iq_WIAABO6X.jpg

COa6IrAWEAEoz4x.jpg

COa6d6-UkAAlN7W.jpg

Anyone want an HHN25 Sno-Cone?

Here's a look at some costumes from Freddy vs. Jason:

COa6xiWUwAA9Ew_.jpg

COa6xkiVEAALWYb.jpg

Props & costume designs from Asylum in Wonderland 3D:

COa7GkGVEAA_NMb.jpg

COa7Gk4VEAELU6Y.jpg

Already getting freaked out by American Werewolf in London returning this year:

COa7XI-UYAAAegC.jpg

COa7XKNU8AAexMK.jpg

The annual purge is coming back to Universal! I've got a few people on my list!

COa7ppYUcAAQc1F.jpg

COa7pqgUcAA2AtL.jpg

COa7prsUsAA1O2J.jpg

Props & set design for this year's Bill & Ted show:

COa8BT-U8AAE3MH.jpg

COa8BR9UsAA2_ci.jpg

Ok this Insidious stuff is seriously creepy!

COa8Z3vUcAIQguT.jpg

COa8Z4pUcAAlzao.jpg

Love the look of Psychoscareapy Unleashed!

COa8x5jUcAAHFpN.jpg

COa8x4AUAAAuv_z.jpg

COa8x5AUAAA5gnc.jpg

COa9AttU8AEqVLY.jpg

Who do we need to kill @HorrorNightsORL to let @elissaalvey be the rat lady for a night?

Here's a look at some of the horror design of the scare zones:

COa9ZzrUAAEdIQh.jpg

COa9Z0nUEAAIQQm.jpg

COa9Z1sUcAAlDwq.jpg

COa9pLqVAAAjewA.jpg

Looks like @elissaalvey has found a new husband!

COa93K0U8AATFjm.jpg

Who wants one of these horrific treats?

COa_CyuWIAAYVQU.jpg

"Extra huge wolf puppet added this year" - Charles Gray

COa_RGpWsAArLZb.jpg

Tallest #WalkingDead maze: actors will be in waist-high water. - Charles Gray

COa_vUiWcAEbhJf.jpg

Scenes from past mazes & 3 versions of Jack included in Monsters of Mayhem!

COa_9EIWEAInQiK.jpg

Laura says All Nite Die-In will be a "Double feature scare zone." Black & White classic characters then switch to modern color monsters!

CObAP7XWUAAM9A_.jpg

Here's the "Rat Lady" cage!

Some of the horror details from Body Collectors:

CObCPtpWgAAKbbb.jpg

CObCPtrWEAQV4DT.jpg

CObCPtqWcAASXfL.jpg

More Make-up and costume designs for HHN 25:

CObCrmAWgAA5ZSG.jpg

CObCrmBWoAAw7YZ.jpg

CObCrmFWcAA7zJ_.jpg

CObCrnAW8AED9yK.jpg

Jack & Panda getting some HHN 25 make-up!

CObE_ZeWoAIGlYg.jpg

CObE_h8WcAEZJQb.jpg

CObE_ZjWIAQREHG.jpg

CObE_ZoWEAAyewe.jpg

CObG1u1WsAEpycY.jpg

HORROR FACT! Zombies love brains and chocolate covered bacon!

CObHuN-UcAA3-vG.jpg

Zombies also like Glazed Donut Burgers!

Even More monsters & make-up for HHN 25!

CObIUtzWoAEf6oU.jpg

CObIUt3WgAAkX7O.jpg

CObIUt3W8AAaXc2.jpg

CObLFvXWIAAqewG.jpg

Props from some of my favorite HHN icons!

CObL1rfWcAEfAjY.jpg

Anthony from Attractions Magazine gets what he deserves!

Jack is... Baaaaaaack! Who wants to hang out and have a beer with this clown?jackHHN.thumb.jpg.5acb813a3afa6858f3a10a29a7721603.jpg

CObNTelUYAE7iFB.jpg

CObNTelU8AADTme.jpg

and here's a look at the HHN 25 TV spot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xUmZuqtJBE

Edited by robbalvey

I'm so excited for this event! Personally, Jason and Freddy already scare me so I know that maze will get to me. An American Werewolf in London was the first maze where I actually screamed incredibly loud because of how scary it was! The movie Insidious scared the crap out of me so I can only imagine the house...

I can't wait to go this year! Got my express pass all good and ready to go!

I don't know why but I laughed at the fact Freddy and Jason have name tags.

I can hand on heart say though "An American Werewolf in London" scared the crap out of me as a child so even if I did do scare attractions I wouldn't be doing that at all.

They won't actually have name tags, those are to label what costume belongs to a character (as you can see in the rest of them)