TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

ohh, i did not know that. So there's somewhere we can stay within the park without having to exit between day operation and HH nights?

Yep! Two places. One is near mummy the other is in kids zone. I always do the mummy location. Its near on the street finnegans. Get you a nice mix drink and get to like 2 of the sound stage houses before everyone!

Just to take attention away from Nintendo for a bit, I've got a question about Halloween horror nights 2015

Lucky this year I've managed to book my annual holiday so it falls during this event! Yey! My partner and I are staying in Cabana Bay Beach Hotel and have a 14 day pass to universal studios and islands of adventure. Of course we're planning on attending Halloween horror nights and prefable we'd like to visit for two nights so we can do all the houses without paying for fast pass.

Whats the cheapest way to do this?

Or is it cheaper and easier just to buy one night and buy fasspass?

Also, the Frequent Fear Passes are cheaper than buying for some single nights. It's also an option vs the Stay and Scream holding areas depending on price, but the holding areas definitely get you a leg up on getting 2-3 houses done immediately by being released just before the front gates and closer to the house entrances (plus...alcohol).

The biggest tip to avoid NEEDING express passes is to be at the parks early and stay until the end of the event. The first and last hours of the event are maybe 25% as crowded as 9-10PM in the middle of the night. But with 9 rumored houses this year one night even with express would be tough to see it all and the scarezones and the shows. It's a busy event.

I'm thinking after reading this that I'll upgrade my ticket on one day, see how it goes and then if we want to go again we'll upgrade for a second night.

Thanks for your answers, but i have another question. It seems the frequent fear pass is only available for certain dates. The ones that apply to me are Sept 18th, 19th, 24th and 27th. Meaning it isn't valid for Friday 25th or Saturday 26th.

Should I avoid the 25th and 26th as they're likely to be very busy? Or are these better days to visit as the frequent fear pass isn't allowed on these days?

I've found a good article from Orlando insider for most of my questions but thanks I would have found it without know what to type into good so thanks

http://orlandoinformer.com/page/articles.html/_/universal/events/halloween-horror-nights/2015-early-entry

http://orlandoinformer.com/page/articles.html/_/universal/events/halloween-horror-nights/2015-tips-tricks-secrets

Thanks again for any responses

The effects of no frequent fear+higher ticket costs on Fridays and Saturdays fairly evens out the crowds on every event night in September more than it used to. I will say that it seems like express lines get longer on those weekend nights. It is variable on many things, but in general Fridays are the busiest night on a consistent basis. Some Thursdays are very busy but not all of them. Every Wednesday is the least crowded night, followed by Sundays.

I recommend going earlier in the schedule rather than later. From the first day of the event every weekend gets a little more busy than the last up until the weekend prior to halloween. Going the 19th would be a good bet, and then the next weekend you can go back to HHN25 or go to the also excellent BGT Halloscream and do the fright feast package. Or both!

And just to give you a heads up, even on those early evenings the event is relatively busy for a theme park. In the middle of the evening, around 9 pm, probably no house will be under 30 minutes and the most popular could be pushing 90 minutes or even (hopefully not) 2 hours. In contrast at 630pm all the houses will be somewhere between walk-in to 25 minutes...

In addition to the frequent fear pass which is good sun-thur there is also two other options that will suit you! You have the frequent fear pass plus that includes ALL fridays as well then you have the rush of fear that includes ALL nights during the first three weeks!

I'm going to the parks for the first time tomorrow for 3 days. Does anyone have any tips? Unlike most theme parks I've been to, I don't really have a game plan or know what to expect. Any particular order in which we should do things? Thanks!

^I'd say do islands of adventure the first day. Universal the second day and the third day do the things you liked again. If you can buy express it's is a million percent worth it. And take as little with you in the park as possible because of the metal detectors at dragon challenge, the incredible hulk, and Hollywood rip ride rockit.

Soooo...no one saw this?

I’ve always dreamed of getting up close and personal with a dinosaur. Now my dream has finally come true!

Velociraptors have arrived at Jurassic Park in Universal’s Islands of Adventure! That’s right—starting this weekend, you’ll get the chance to see these magnificent creatures face to face in an all-new experience: Raptor Encounter.

The encounter is located between Camp Jurassic and the Jurassic Park Discovery Center.

Your experience begins when you approach a paddock where the raptor will be contained. You’ll learn some cool facts about the dino that you may not have known—like that an adult Velociraptor can reach upwards of 96 kilometers per hour in the open!

Then, if you’re brave enough, you can approach the nearly 9- foot- tall wild raptor for a photo. But be sure to keep your hands and feet away… you wouldn’t want to end up being its dinner!

Are you daring enough to meet this giant, prehistoric reptile?

Check out this video for a sneak peak of what you can expect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IYdeKHcb2c

link

I saw it, I just didn't think it looked as impressive as the dinosaur walk around stuff they do at the Asian Universal Parks. I'm hoping he's a prototype and we'll get some better Jurassic stuff soon.

for those of you looking for something really good to do in the universal IOA park, then i suggest posidon's fury.

seriously. i went in to that show thinking it wouldn't be anything special, but came out screaming for more and wanting a dvd copy.

it was that good

spectacular in fact.

if you've not seen it, then i think you should

I saw it, I just didn't think it looked as impressive as the dinosaur walk around stuff they do at the Asian Universal Parks. I'm hoping he's a prototype and we'll get some better Jurassic stuff soon.

I seriously hope they have a new **attraction** in the pipeline after the success of jurassic world. This seems more like "we need synergy since the movie is on the heels of being released".

I seriously hope they have a new **attraction** in the pipeline after the success of jurassic world. This seems more like "we need synergy since the movie is on the heels of being released".

What success are you speaking of? The movie hasn't even released yet. Now, if the movie comes out and it makes 2 billion dollars, I'd put my money on them developing some sort of new attraction to follow the film and any others in the future.

^And these would be connected to the potential for success for the new Jurassic Park flick in what way?

You may as well add any of a number of movie flops to that list.

Me and my dad will be headed here in July in addition to Busch Gardens because this is my best shot at going to to Harry Potter world and I'm wondering what days of the week IoA and Universal are lightest. I know that it'll be crowded probably every day, but as we are staying in Tampa, I feel like I should ask. Also, I was hoping I would only have to go to IoA but I found out that Diagon Alley is in Universal. Making me buy that extra ticket. Thanks.

^And these would be connected to the potential for success for the new Jurassic Park flick in what way?

You may as well add any of a number of movie flops to that list.

Great point Chuck! I mean the trailers for Jurassic World don't even look as terrible as I was expecting so those alone should bring a good crowd in.

I actually really enjoyed the Jurassic Park ride and I would welcome any upgrades to that over any more Potter poop.

Me and my dad will be headed here in July in addition to Busch Gardens because this is my best shot at going to to Harry Potter world and I'm wondering what days of the week IoA and Universal are lightest. I know that it'll be crowded probably every day, but as we are staying in Tampa, I feel like I should ask. Also, I was hoping I would only have to go to IoA but I found out that Diagon Alley is in Universal. Making me buy that extra ticket. Thanks.

Honestly, it's going to be bad all days. Between visitors, camp field trips, weekends, the holiday early in the month, more europeans later in the month...

If you have ONE day, consider getting the Express Pass to avoid a lot of the lines.