TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

Kids 2-11 is a demographic?

Probably one of the must lucrative demographics out there!

FYI - Most people (everyone not a 16 year old girl) may want to avoid UO this Sunday - Tuesday as One Direction will be there filming stuff and prepping for a free performance on Monday!!!!

Gonna be at Universal for HHN25 in October 2015, but have never been before (1st time in Florida). I'll be with my partner, our 3 year old son and 1 of our close friends.

I'll be heading off to HHN on my own, as the others can't handle horror stuff - just wondered if anyone has been to HHN on their own, and whether you still had a good time?

I'm happy in my own company, but not sure what these events are like without anyone else with you.

Thanks in advance!

^You've reached out to the right group of people. If you keep in the conversation on this thread or next years HHN thread, there is a good chance that you might be able to hook up with other TPR members going on the same night as you. Last year I found myself in LA with a day to spare at the last minute to go to HHN. I went ahead and went by myself, and while I didn't have as much fun as it would have been with a group, I still had a great time. The vibe at these kinds of events is very common between patrons, as everyone there is in a festive Halloweenie kinda mood. So either way, you will have a great time. Or die trying! Muah ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaa!

See what I did there? I'm already putting you in tha Halloweenie mood!

^^ Like Guy said - keep up with this thread in the weeks before your trip here. You can certainly have a good time by yourself (if you don't mind your own company,) but there are a bunch of us that live in the Orlando area and chances are will be going on the evening you are visiting. It is always fun to have a group of like minded folks to hang around with, and TPR people have always been a fun group to me.

Thanks Guy and Jynx!

I'll certainly be keeping in touch throughout the next year on here; it's great to know where I can go for some advice.

It didn't even cross my mind that I might be able to meet up with some of you guys, but that is a possibility that I wouldn't turn down - I'll keep my eyes and ears open.

Universal Orlando has sent us a press release about the return of Hot Butterbeer!

HOT BUTTERBEER COMES TO UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT

Guests have tried it cold, frozen – and even as an ice-cream flavor. Beginning today, November 21, 2014, Universal Orlando Resort will now offer hot Butterbeer at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. To celebrate this new addition, some of the first guests at Leaky Cauldron in Diagon Alley and Three Broomsticks in Hogsmeade were surprised with complimentary cups of the new drink.

Hot Butterbeer is a smooth, hot beverage reminiscent of shortbread and butterscotch served year-round with a whipped topping. In The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley, it will be served at Leaky Cauldron, The Hopping Pot, and The Fountain of Fair Fortune. In The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade, it will be available at Three Broomsticks and Hog’s Head Pub.

Since the opening of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade in June 2010, millions of Butterbeers have been sold each year at Universal Orlando. It has quickly become a guest favorite and appears as a popular drink in the Harry Potter books and films.

image.thumb.jpg.dd0f6ab478db0dabc1ef3816069e832b.jpg

Is the general consensus that Rip Ride Rockit that it's not a good coaster? I made my first visit to the resort yesterday and it ended up being my favorite coaster attraction on the entire property though a lot of my friends were kind of indifferent toward it.

Is the general consensus that Rip Ride Rockit that it's not a good coaster? I made my first visit to the resort yesterday and it ended up being my favorite coaster attraction on the entire property though a lot of my friends were kind of indifferent toward it.

I rode it this past July in the back row, and god was that a bumpy ride. It wasn't terrible, and it was still fun, but it was bumpy as hell. I also found the restraints to be uncomfortable, but perhaps that was just due to the roughness. Ugh.

Rip Ride Rockit is no longer a bumpy coaster, unless you get assigned the back row in certain vehicles...which is to be avoided.

So a disallowed website had possibly the best news that many could have hoped for today...SHARKNADO: THE MUSICAL is appearing in guest surveys as a potential new show. Can't link to it though.