TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

Busch Gardens/Sea World got the North America rights to Madagascar from Universal. The characters used to be in USF but now there is a show at BGT.

The only rumors everything past ET and Animal Actors will be leveled for a major thrill ride, probably Fast and the Furious. Also that Universal has no interest in renewing the Shrek license. They could level the Shrek building and put Super Silly Fun Land there featuring a relocated Woody Woodpecker Coaster.

Surprised they haven't made Nickelodeon refurbish since Spongebob, Dora and TMNT would make good additions to the park.

Considering how much cash Comcast has, They could probably buy back the rights. I imagine Spongebob replacing Toon Lagoon personally.

Universal is done with HP after this. The park has enough of it to draw plenty of guests in. Believe it or not, not every guest goes there for wizards. Kong and kidszone are up next.

Am I the only one that wants to see some kind of captain america flat ride? Huss fly away anyone?

I wondered why when building Hogwarts at IOA they didn't put rooms in it similar to the Dream Suite in Cinderella's Castle at Disney. Can you imagine how much money they would make if people could actually spend the night in that castle? Imagine what people would spend just so their kid could sleep in the Gryffindor common.

I wondered why when building Hogwarts at IOA they didn't put rooms in it similar to the Dream Suite in Cinderella's Castle at Disney. Can you imagine how much money they would make if people could actually spend the night in that castle? Imagine what people would spend just so their kid could sleep in the Gryffindor common.

Doesn't Disney only use that for promotional purposes, thereby not making much money, if any from it?

Maybe they'll add Potter rooms sometime in the future to one of their resorts, but I imagine Universal's current response to be similar to this:

^The Cinderella Castle Suite and the Disneyland Dream Suite were built for the Year of a Million Dreams campaign(s), but since the conclusion of those promotions the suites have been used for internal purposes like hosting special guests.

Here are a few photos of the dragon being installed on the top of the Gringotts facade within Diagon Alley at Universal Orlando. The dragon is extremely detailed and visible from several areas within the park. Once complete (waiting on wings and moving parts programmed) this bad boy will rule the roost for many years to come. I assure you, pictures do not do it justice!!

I mean just wait until he's complete and shooting 30ft flames into the air!!

IMG_7143.thumb.jpg.277a244dfc6cba2574ecd5ab2beef947.jpg

Full look at the massive Dragon atop Gringotts Bank!

IMG_7144.jpg.23bb88b4f1b6cb84ae3fe161a0d49f67.jpg

SMILE FOR THE CAMERA!!

IMG_7146.jpg.a242f8a1ac4970de9cadc7e0d8cee9a5.jpg

Check out the chain marks around the neck! DETAILS!!

IMG_7136.thumb.jpg.464e88216ec9230854dc8c1c575e5902.jpg

From the parking garage

IMG_7160.thumb.jpg.6c4f3ccaba1990c14348fd9ec62ddc93.jpg

One last look at this beautiful beast!

Wow, I'm incredibly impressed by the details being added to this expansion. I was going to say this was a Disney-like approach to detail, but to be honest this actually looks better. I'm getting very excited to see this when I go in August.

I have to say Universal seem to be a head of the game in recent years I mean since Harry potter first phase we have seen Transformers, New Parade, 2nd Phase, now king Kong and Jurassic Park expansion, don't know if its just me but Disney hasn't really been exciting me in comparison, other then the new fantasy land what other new attractions have been added the disney parks other than retheme of Test Track?

Am I the only one that wants to see some kind of captain america flat ride?

Maybe aside from Fun Spot the major resorts need some more flats - generally missing at least one inverting flat per park. How about a HUSS Inverted TopSpin, a Zamperla AirRace or Mondial TopScan?

I would love to see a captain america themed huss fly away. Perfect addition.

Disney is really getting their ass kicked by universal's non stop, breathtaking additions. Not saying that fantasy land wasn't cool but certainly doesn't stand up to all this addition.

Maybe aside from Fun Spot the major resorts need some more flats - generally missing at least one inverting flat per park. How about a HUSS Inverted TopSpin, a Zamperla AirRace or Mondial TopScan?

Thats not what the rides in Orlando parks are about. A flat ride in IOA or Magic Kingdom would look tacky and ruin the theming. I'd prefer the bare-bones flats stay at Fun Spot and the immersive, integrated environment-type rides at the major theme parks.

I know that there are a lot of "Disney is the best for theming" people around here, and my family was die hard Disney fans for many years (we used to go to Disney World every year for about 10 years in a row (sometimes twice a year), but a few years ago, the kids decided that they wanted to go to Universal too. There was one year where we did both Disney and Universal. We have not been back to Disney since.

We actually liked the theming better at Universal. Now, after about 5 visits to Universal parks (one to Universal Hollywood which doesn't even compare), and we are going back to Orlando this year. My daughters are now 20 and 15, and we are meeting up with some extended family. They have multiple kids between the families that are 10, 8, 6, and some of them have been to Disney once, but not Universal. They ALL want to go to Universal due to the rides and experience. I would have thought that with a couple of 6 year old girls, that they would love the princess factor, but I guess not.

Now I just need to convince my wife that we need to NOT hang out with them all of the days that we are there. We are in the "go go go" group and really navigate the parks well. They all are at a different pace with lots of stops and "breaks." We are the believers that if you are going to spend the bucks, then you get to the park before open, and stay until they are closed each day and grab snacks vs. meals to keep moving. Total exhausted after about 3 days, but what fun!

Thanks to all that are able to provide sneak peak images for the rest of us!

A flat ride in IOA or Magic Kingdom would look tacky and ruin the theming

Ever seen Talocan at Phantasialand?

That ride looks beautiful...but if it doesnt have some kind of "excuse" to be in its environment (just like how the S&S towers at IOA are made out to be weapons and fit in the storyline of the island) than it wouldnt work. Im sure that some of the brilliant minds at Universal could come up with some way to make it fit, but as far as I can tell, a Top Spin would kind of clash no matter how many rocks you surround it with.

Thats not what the rides in Orlando parks are about. A flat ride in IOA or Magic Kingdom would look tacky and ruin the theming. I'd prefer the bare-bones flats stay at Fun Spot and the immersive, integrated environment-type rides at the major theme parks.

Like Dumbo, Astro Orbiters, Kang and Kodos, Storm force Acceleration, Alladin's Magic Carpet, etc. etc.?

I would love to see a captain america themed huss fly away. Perfect addition.

Disney is really getting their A$$ kicked by universal's non stop, breathtaking additions. Not saying that fantasy land wasn't cool but certainly doesn't stand up to all this addition.

I remember hearing a stat a few months ago, that once Universal in Florida add Harry Potter a few yrs ago, the attendance climbed at least 30%.