TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

Awesome stuff Adam! I can't wait to get back to Universal Orlando. So much has change since I last visited pre-Potterland at IOA. Universal is really uping the anti on attractions and fighting with Disney on hotels on property to keep people there. Pretty amazing.

Jimmy "I want a pink doughnut" Bo

Is there anyone that has ridden both rides? I'd like to know how they compare to each other since I know USO had much more freedom in the building of the ride (space limitations, new building, etc.)

Is there anyone that has ridden both rides? I'd like to know how they compare to each other since I know USO had much more freedom in the building of the ride (space limitations, new building, etc.)

The ride is exactly the same. Only a slightly different queue layout.

^^Yea, I've been on both and didn't notice any differences with the ride itself. Also, while the queues aren't exactly the same, there's really not enough to say one is better than the other. ...Though I do give the edge to Orlando's version on outside theming.

I've gone ahead and added my video from the Grand Opening of Transformers: The Ride - 3D, including Mark Woodbury (President of Universal Creative), Peter Cullen (Voice of Optimus Prime), Frank Welker (Voice of Megatron), Tom Williams (Chairman and CEO of Universal Parks and Resorts) and Bill Davis (President and CEO of Universal Orlando Resort). This video also includes appearances by Steven Spielberg, Optimus Prime, Bumblebee.

Not sure if this has already been answered, but.. do Transformers have express pass? I saw a pic once from the ride entrance, and saw signs for both single rider and express pass.. ( and the normal que) But is the express pass avaliable for the ride at the moment or just in the future?

^The ride has been built with a Universal Express Pass queue and originally had an Express Pass sign up, but the sign has since been covered over. It is expected that the ride will be featured on the Universal Express Pass system, but as of right now it does not appear to be included yet.

Great report Adam! That food spread looked amazing! How were the chicken and waffles? Did they taste like Ego's with chicken chicken strips, or like real chicken and waffles? Either way, the whole simpson's area looks awesome. Can't wait to visit!