TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

I think this will be great for universal, whenever i've heard from people who went for the Harry Potter ride, they've gone to walk around the are and that's all they talk about or the butterbeer, they talk more about going around the castle in the queue more than they do the actual ride. Maybe Springfield will be the same, as much as the Simpsons ride is a draw and the kwik-e-mart, im sure something the fans will enjoy more than the ride is to walk around mini-springfield and drink duff beer.

Team Member previews are tonight from 7PM to 10PM and tomorrow morning from 7am to 9am. If all goes well expect softs to start sometime tomorrow. Also the Optimus Statue began installation last night and will take 4 total overnights to finish it. Here is one of four pieces and what your seeing is his right arm over the walls under wraps.

In the end of July, my family is visiting Orlando.

Our original plan was 4 days at Disney, 2 at Universal.

My dad got a really good deal for less than $400 a person that includes 4 days at Disney, 1 at Universal, and 1 at SeaWorld.

We have to choose one Universal park. Which one will be better for us if we get Express Passes?

We have two 60 year old seniors, one 40 year old adult, one teenager, and one ten year old. I would guess IoA would be the one to choose. Am I correct?

I'd probably lean toward Studios. There are more shows and less 54" rides. I guess it really depends on if the 10 year old is 54" yet, and if the 60 year olds like pretty significant big coasters. MIB, Simpsons, ET, and even the Mummy are all good tweener attractions, and I believe Transformers will be one too. Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket is 51". At IOA Hulk, and Dragons Challenge are 54" and Dr. Doom is 52". IOA has the better water rides for sure.

The 10 year old is 54". I believe we are leaning towards IoA. The seniors aren't into big coasters, but are wanting to see Harry Potter.

The more I think about this, I would take leaning towards the Studios to recommended. What may be better for you to decide, is to take off the attractions from both parks that your group won't likely do. Both of these parks are a bit on the small side. I feel like they are each about 3/4 day parks.

So if you subtract Dragons Challenge from Harry Potter, HP just got a lot smaller and you are left with just the Forbidden Journey and Flight of the Hippogriff. Next if you subtract Hulk and Dr. Dooms that most/part of your group won't do, you are left with a much smaller IOA.

If you subtract Hollywod rip ride rocket from Studios that your group may not do, it's not nearly as big of a loss. Also, this ride does not go upside down, and is getting it's problems fixed. So it should become a lot smoother, but I don't know when. Studios has street entertainment like the Blues Brothers, a parade, and a night time show. It's more of an entertainment park then IOA.

Are you the one who really wants to see Harry Potter and the rest of your group is just going along? Does your Dad/Grandparents know much or care about either park and is perhaps letting you have some influence?

Is there any way you can upgrade to the 1 day 2 park ticket and do both? That's how I do the Universal resort. I go during slow times and get there before opening. You will have the benefit of Express passes, but a busier time. If this was 2014 and HP 2.0 was open, I think it would be a easy decision. I do like IOA better myself. I just think the Studios would be better overall for your entire group.

My grandparents said they have no real desire for Universal Studios because their friend told them it was really run down except for the Harry Potter land, so that's the only area there they care about. My sister really couldn't care less about which one we visit.

My dad is seeing if we can get a discounted park hopper ticket instead.

This looks really cool!

943102_10151473781897852_1417312797_n.jpg

The final battle preparations have been made… Are you ready to join Optimus Prime and the Autobots in the fight against the Decepticons?

The 28-foot tall, nine-ton leader of the Autobots stands guard over the attraction’s entrance, beckoning recruits to join the resistance against the invading Decepticons.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151473781897852&set=a.208747882851.130990.90867402851&type=1&theater

Yup! It opened around 7:15 or so. Got a quick ride in and as I was leaving the outside queue was really filling up quickly.

It is a great ride... some reviews I've heard (from friends, coworkers and people tonight) were using the word "disappointment" because it is "just like Spiderman" (while it is similar it improves on the 14 year old technology). To me Spiderman is one of the best dark rides ever built so how another version of one of the best rides ever built can be a disappointment is beyond me. I'm not a fan of the movies (only saw part of the first one) so I didn't quite follow the storyline but the projections are top-notch and overall it is a solid experience.

It is a great ride... some reviews I've heard (from friends, coworkers and people tonight) were using the word "disappointment" because it is "just like Spiderman" (while it is similar it improves on the 14 year old technology). To me Spiderman is one of the best dark rides ever built so how another version of one of the best rides ever built can be a disappointment is beyond me.

Agreed. I think Transformers will be a HUGE hit with the public, just like it has been in Hollywood & Singapore.

Did you get any idea if the ride was going to be open more in the coming days?

Our friends from Attractions Magazine were at the park tonight and got a few pics and video. Please check out their website and their YouTube channel: http://attractionsmagazine.com/

BLhzqLiCEAAObk-.jpg

BLjWAY5CcAMgbG8.jpg

BLjWTNVCYAAOSKQ.jpg

BLjenhfCMAAu2QG.jpg

You can also follow them on Twitter here:

Edited by robbalvey

^Probably referring to the walk-around characters? That statue is awesome, but it is kind of funny that guests will be seeing double when Optimus is on his set!

In the meantime, you may notice a large object added to the outside of the ride building, covered in a tarp. If the rumors are true, this may be some kind of giant statue of Optimus Prime that may feature some animated moving parts.

Just now saw the news about the simpsons area. I think I'm gonna climax.

Hopefully I won't end up a political prisoner like homer did at "Duff Gardens"

“But, Marge, I was a political prisoner.” – Homer

“How were you a political prisoner?” – Marge

“I kicked a giant mouse in the butt! Do I have to draw you a diagram?” – Homer

That wasn't Duff Gardens. That was Itchy and Scratchy Land. Which reminds me how I have always loved the fact Universal sells a Bort license plate pin.

That's right. My bad.

Duff Gardens is where the kids go with Selma and shes a terrible "mother".

I had a co-worker named Bart and I would often call him Bort. He loves the show as well and we were always saying obscure simpsons quotes to each other.