TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

Noticed a model of a B&M Hyper train sitting on a table next to many models for Transformers the Ride during the Today Show Broadcast. Looked like the old school (new school?) 4 across seats. Wonder if they were originally planning that for the Transformers franchise.

I'm not sure about a B&M themed to Transformers, but I do remember reading about a mega coaster being one of the many rumored projects for the possible Jurassic Park expansion. ...Though I wouldn't hold my breath on that happening.

"Oh exciting!!!!!!!!! I wonder what they are getting rid of, Dr. Suess or Marvel Comics. I am going with the first guess but I love Dr. Suess land!"

This was posted on UOR Facebook in response to the announcement, lol.

Also this looks awesome and has way more than I expected.

This is awesome.

Actually when we were in Italy last year, they were selling Duff beer with the same logo as the one in the Simpsons and I believe that it was brewed in the Netherlands...it was quite good.

Noticed a model of a B&M Hyper train sitting on a table next to many models for Transformers the Ride during the Today Show Broadcast. Looked like the old school (new school?) 4 across seats. Wonder if they were originally planning that for the Transformers franchise.

I'm not sure about a B&M themed to Transformers, but I do remember reading about a mega coaster being one of the many rumored projects for the possible Jurassic Park expansion. ...Though I wouldn't hold my breath on that happening.

Yeah I know I've seen several rumors about different Mega Coaster projects, I just thought it was interesting that it was on a table with only Transformers related models.

Duff Beer for me, Duff Beer for you...

Expansion looks awesome!

I'll have a Duff. You have one, too.

It definitely needs the World of Duff boat ride, complete with hallucinogenic water.

Would it be considered a bona fide occupational qualification if Universal wanted to exclusively hire Indian males to staff the Kwik-E-Mart just for consistency with the intellectual property?

Also, I really hope they hire a feral Scottish guy to impersonate Willie and yell at all of the tourists that step on the grass and don't throw away their trash in the proper receptacles.

Also, I really hope they hire a feral Scottish guy to impersonate Willie and yell at all of the tourists that step on the grass and don't throw away their trash in the proper receptacles.

That would be awesome, lol.

This looks amazing way to go Universal. I wonder if they can incorporate Tree House of Horrors during Halloween Horror Nights?

It sounds like they already have incorporated Treehouse of Horror year-round: Kang and Kodos appear in every Treehouse of Horror episode, and in almost no other episodes.

^That would definitely be amazing. I'd love for them to have a tie-in with the Simpson's Tapped out game, like unlocking a special character when you're there. This new addition will absolutely get me to visit them the next time I'm in Orlando.

In the end of July, my family is visiting Orlando.

Our original plan was 4 days at Disney, 2 at Universal.

My dad got a really good deal for less than $400 a person that includes 4 days at Disney, 1 at Universal, and 1 at SeaWorld.

We have to choose one Universal park. Which one will be better for us if we get Express Passes?

We have two 60 year old seniors, one 40 year old adult, one teenager, and one ten year old. I would guess IoA would be the one to choose. Am I correct?

I'd probably lean toward Studios. There are more shows and less 54" rides. I guess it really depends on if the 10 year old is 54" yet, and if the 60 year olds like pretty significant big coasters. MIB, Simpsons, ET, and even the Mummy are all good tweener attractions, and I believe Transformers will be one too. Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket is 51". At IOA Hulk, and Dragons Challenge are 54" and Dr. Doom is 52". IOA has the better water rides for sure.

The 10 year old is 54". I believe we are leaning towards IoA. The seniors aren't into big coasters, but are wanting to see Harry Potter.

The more I think about this, I would take leaning towards the Studios to recommended. What may be better for you to decide, is to take off the attractions from both parks that your group won't likely do. Both of these parks are a bit on the small side. I feel like they are each about 3/4 day parks.

So if you subtract Dragons Challenge from Harry Potter, HP just got a lot smaller and you are left with just the Forbidden Journey and Flight of the Hippogriff. Next if you subtract Hulk and Dr. Dooms that most/part of your group won't do, you are left with a much smaller IOA.

If you subtract Hollywod rip ride rocket from Studios that your group may not do, it's not nearly as big of a loss. Also, this ride does not go upside down, and is getting it's problems fixed. So it should become a lot smoother, but I don't know when. Studios has street entertainment like the Blues Brothers, a parade, and a night time show. It's more of an entertainment park then IOA.

Are you the one who really wants to see Harry Potter and the rest of your group is just going along? Does your Dad/Grandparents know much or care about either park and is perhaps letting you have some influence?

Is there any way you can upgrade to the 1 day 2 park ticket and do both? That's how I do the Universal resort. I go during slow times and get there before opening. You will have the benefit of Express passes, but a busier time. If this was 2014 and HP 2.0 was open, I think it would be a easy decision. I do like IOA better myself. I just think the Studios would be better overall for your entire group.