TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

It's Potter.. and anything Potter is still selling at this time..

Let's see , when it's done, how much fun it's going to be for people that are not much of a fan of the entire Potter thing..

Ocean Park's lift/train/tunnel connecting the 2 sections of the park was fun and seemed to work pretty well (for me)

Time will tell..

That brings me to Gringott’s. The queue, in my opinion, will be even better than Forbidden Journey’s queue. Let’s put it this way…the queue includes a really cool elevator ride that will simulate moving vertically and horizontally. You’ll feel the air coming from the right side as you move to the right and you’ll feel the air from below as you travel down. Each of the two elevator simulators include a projection dome above to enhance the visuals. That’s just in the queue. Maybe I’ll save the actual ride description for another time but suffice it to say that everything from the unique ride system to the exciting show elements will make this attraction one of the most impressive rides to date.

I love the fact that creating a high tech "ride" in the queue presents a wonderful opportunity for downtime....before you even get to the actual ride.

It's Potter.. and anything Potter is still selling at this time..

Let's see , when it's done, how much fun it's going to be for people that are not much of a fan of the entire Potter thing..

Ocean Park's lift/train/tunnel connecting the 2 sections of the park was fun and seemed to work pretty well (for me)

Time will tell..

Ocean Park's train was pretty well done, and I'm willing to bet Universal will do something similar (and do it pretty well).

Kind of funny but I will probably end up riding Transformers in Orlando first instead of Hollywood which is 4 hours away!

That is what happened to me with Star Tours 2, and the Florida one is only two hours away. I just hope with the new Potter expansion that they at least double or triple the size of the stores.

That brings me to Gringott’s. The queue, in my opinion, will be even better than Forbidden Journey’s queue. Let’s put it this way…the queue includes a really cool elevator ride that will simulate moving vertically and horizontally. You’ll feel the air coming from the right side as you move to the right and you’ll feel the air from below as you travel down. Each of the two elevator simulators include a projection dome above to enhance the visuals. That’s just in the queue. Maybe I’ll save the actual ride description for another time but suffice it to say that everything from the unique ride system to the exciting show elements will make this attraction one of the most impressive rides to date.

I love the fact that creating a high tech "ride" in the queue presents a wonderful opportunity for downtime....before you even get to the actual ride.

Eh, TDS' Journey has an elevator "pre-ride" in the queue. It's pretty cool simulating traveling down to the center of the earth...when in reality they're just pushing you up one level.

I wonder if they're talking about using a collimated display, which would make the scenery out the window appear to be at a distance. I'm not aware of any collimated displays used in theme parks, so that would be neat to see. However, it would make the train cars huge.

Since I know next to nothing about Harry Potter, I'm all for the expansion being as high tech as possible. That's what made it even remotely interesting to me---Amazing detail and cool FX/cool ride system. I had no idea what was actually going on.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Universal-Orlando-announces-new-dining-experiences/-/1637132/17386872/-/8fn4b9/-/index.html

Universal Orlando announced two new entertainment experiences coming to the theme park, including a character breakfast and a special parade viewing area.

According to a news release, two new programs will offer guests a special dining experience followed by a private viewing area of either a parade or Universal's Cinematic Spectacular show.

The first program is the Superstar Character Breakfast where guests will dine and meet characters from Universal's Superstar Parade, such as the minions from Universal's new Despicable Me Minion Mayhem attraction, Spongebob Squarepants or Dora & Diego, according to the release. Guests will then have access to a special viewing area later in the day to view the parade.

The second new program is the Cinematic Spectacular Experience, which includes dinner at Lombard’s Seafood Grille, located along the Universal Studios lagoon. Then, later that evening, guests can enjoy a dessert buffet in a a private viewing area where they can watch Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular. The show, a tribute to Universal’s 100 years of film-making history, highlights moments from Universal Pictures’ most iconic films – shown on huge waterfall screens within the Universal Studios lagoon, according to the release.

Universal’s Superstar Character Breakfast is available for $24.99 per adult and $10.99 per child; Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular Dining Experience is available for $44.99 per adult and $12.99 per child.

For more information about Universal Orlando Resort’s new dining program, click here, or call (407) 224-7554.

http://www.universalorlando.com/New-in-2012-An-Extraordinary-Year-To-Be-Here

Make it an evening to remember with exceptional cuisine and unforgettable movie moments with Universal's Cinematic Spectacular Dining Experience. First, enjoy a delicious meal at Lombard’s Seafood Grille. Choose from an array of entrees including fresh seafood, pasta, sandwiches and more. Afterwards, you’ll have access to an exclusive viewing area for the nighttime show, Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular – 100 Years of Movie Memories.

Times: Reservations starting at 4pm

Price: Adults $44.99, Children $12.99; tax and gratuity included

Menu: Click Here

RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED

After reserving and purchasing your dining experience online, you must call 407-224-7554 (EST 7:30am–10pm Mon-Sat; 7:30am–9pm Sun) up to 24 hours before arriving to confirm your table.

Start your day at Universal Studios with a delicious breakfast featuring some of the characters from Universal's Superstar Parade at Universal's Superstar Character Breakfast. Then, later in the day, party with your new friends as the parade takes to the streets with one-of-a-kind music, incredible floats and opportunities to interact with some of the characters.

Times: Times: 9:00am to 11:00am - Dates and Times subject to change

Characters From: Nickelodeon; the hit comedy Hop; Despicable Me

Price: Adults $24.99, Children $10.99; tax and gratuity included

RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED

After purchasing your character breakfast online, you must call 407-224-7554 (EST 7:30am–10pm Mon-Sat; 7:30am–9pm Sun) up to 24 hours before arriving to confirm your table.

The Springfield plans have been leaked... Don't know how valid this is, but check it out!

Springfield Expansion

Project 971 is the transformation project currently underway within the World Expo at Universal Studios Florida. Rumors have run wild with everything from Moes Tavern to a ferris wheel. A ferris wheel huh... Anyways the project for many started out as something small. An easy addition to compliment the Mega E Ticket opening next Summer across the lagoon Transformers the Ride. Leaks across the internet though have started to grab everyones attention. The project has seemed to of grown but by just how much no one knows. Well tonight we hope to shed a little light on that.

The Springfield project isn't just a simple overlay to an existing area of Universal Studios. I'd like to refer to it as a total transformation. The theming will be on a Potter like level to give Universal's guests a true glimpse into the real world of Springfield. They are really pouring some money into this project. Universal learned a massive lesson from Potter and will continue that lesson learned here. Guest spending is where its at and this project is really aimed at increasing that through unique merchandise and food sales. Not to be outdone though they have also added a ride for the family on top of all the unique food and merch options you will encounter.

If your a fan of the Simpsons then this project is going to blow you away. It will offer so many iconic places, sights, smells, tastes, and experiences that will transform you into the world of Springfield. This uniquely themed land will be a huge hit for Universal Studios and offer its guests an amazing experience they will not soon forget. Enough of the blabbing HTF we want DETAILS!!!! Ok, no need to twist my arm!

Here are some of the things you will experience in Springfield at Universal Studios in Mid 2013!

The IFFF will transform into a themed dining experience complete with General Changs Taco Italiano, Krusty Burgers, Kentucky Fried Panda, and Moes Tavern. Moes Tavern will be walled off inside to give it an intimate experience. The IFFF will feature all of these facades. Moes will be straight out of the show all the way down to bar set up and pool table inside.

On the Waterfront will be the only new ride in this transformation. Kodos and Kang, a themed spinner with a themed outdoor queue. Next to that will be Duff Gardens a large outdoor bar with a massive themed structure where you will be able to get yourself a Duff beer on the Waterfront. Last but not least will be VIP seating along the waterfront for Cinespec.

Other eats include a Lard Lads donuts, food trucks, and stands

Unique theming elements will include Homer, Marges, and Apus cars parked outside the Kwik E Mart. Chief Wiggums police car crashed into a fire hydrant with water effect. Krusty's Airstream Camper. Springfield Entrance coming from Kidszone and a Krustyland entrance coming from MIB.

Their will also be a host of unique photo ops for guest to use and for kids to meet characters.

And MUCH MORE!!

And a photo of the Gringott's coaster track! Just scroll down to the bottom of the page. What manufacturer could this be?

Gringott's Coaster Track

Edited by Bryce

And a photo of the Gringott's coaster track! Just scroll down to the bottom of the page. What manufacturer could this be?

Gringott's Coaster Track

I thought it was confirmed to be premier who were making this coaster. Also, the track is the same style as the mummy ride.

I wonder if this means they are taking out the Mummy ride soon as this will the same ride?

Wow! The Springfield expansion sounds much bigger than I imagined it would be. I'm actually more excited for it than I originally thought, and if it brings a new ride in than awesome!

Great to see coaster track in the building, I keep hearing that it is Intamin but from that one piece of track it's hard to tell.

Talk about taking on an insane amount of projects at once! Unfortunately, after hearing how bad the rest of IOA has gotten, does this mean that half of the park will be brand new, while the other half gets neglected?

Not at all! IOA is currently going through a massive repaint and repair. They have been really working on Super Hero Island and Seuss Landing. Toon Lagoon has seen lots of work as well, but not quite as much as the rest of the park yet. Jurassic park I think is totally fine as is Potter. And my guess is the rest of the lost continent will get a spruce up once it get s loser to opening the new train attraction.

So it seems they are finally taking note on how to do things right.

*All this info is based on other peoples trip reports there*

Edited by COASTER FREAK 11

Talk about taking on an insane amount of projects at once! Unfortunately, after hearing how bad the rest of IOA has gotten, does this mean that half of the park will be brand new, while the other half gets neglected?

I could see that kind of working at the Studios, the half of the park that doesn't have Simpson/Potter/Transformer is mostly studio style buildings with attraction entrance facades so that whole area can "get by" with being bland and a little neglect won't be nearly as noticeable, whereas In IOA the Marvel, Suess, and Toon Lagoon sections are some of the most vibrant and dynamic park sections in the world and a little faded color or chipped away paint sticks out like a sore thumb.

I don't think that Universal will completely "neglect" half of the Studios park, but a little bit here and there might not be nearly as noticeable as it is in IOA.

Gringott's Coaster Track

I thought it was confirmed to be premier who were making this coaster. Also, the track is the same style as the mummy ride.

I wonder if this means they are taking out the Mummy ride soon as this will the same ride?

I sure hope not! I heard this will be more of a motion ride, mixed with some coaster elements(?)

I fianlly quit watching the Simpsons two years ago, but I like the idea that Srpingfield is, finally, coming to Universal (beyond the simulator ride and Kwick-E-Mart). I wonder if they'll do any special Halloween stuff there, being as "Treehouse of Horror" was usually the most anticipated Simpsons episode each season.

Edited by cfc

Islands of Adventure has been going through some intense re-painting. They were even blasting off the old paint before adding a new layer!

I'll be there tomorrow to see the new paint in person at Islands of Adventure and all of the new construction going on at both parks!