TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

I'm not going to lie, the first time I ever rode Jaws I thought it was one of the best rides in the park. The last few times, it just never seem up to par to that first one. The skipper just did so awesome the first time. Jaws you will be missed. Maybe they will make a special edition of Jaws on Blu-ray with a pov of the ride like they did with Back to the Future.

If we read into the subtle clues here, Jurassic Park is the next ride to close!

I haven't been on this thread until recently so excuse me if I missed it before but, I hope they don't close Jurassic! I remember my first time coming to IOA, one of my favorites was Jurassic. I just loved it! There's something about it that I love. I think it might be how it really makes you feel like your in the jungle even though your in the middle of a huge park!

Trust me, you don't have to worry. Jurrasic park won't go anywhere any time soon.... not to mention they are working on Jurrasic Park 4.

Much as it is sad to see Jaws go, and much maligned and overly exploited though the Harry Potter theme is (or will be if they keep going), I think the Gringotts roller coaster has real promise, if they do in fact use the rumored combination of 3D screens and a launching, indoor Mummy-esque system. I think the overall zone should be friendlier for those who aren't familiar with the series, since Gringotts is basically a series of caves and London is a real place.

Just my 2 cents.

All these years visiting Universal, and I've never been to the "All-You-Can-Eat Monto Cristo Sandwich Buffet."

It's a shame that a unique ride like Jaws is going away, but based on past rumors, we're lucky that it's lasted this long.

This is a sad day. I always liked the Jaws ride, and will never, ever forget our epic ride at HHN a few years ago, when we all did the SHARK SHARK SHARK chat throughout the whole ride.

Robb, thank you so much for that video and the detailed photo report of the ride. Very well done.

Sharks rule!

dt

This is a sad day. I always liked the Jaws ride, and will never, ever forget our epic ride at HHN a few years ago, when we all did the SHARK SHARK SHARK chat throughout the whole ride.

Robb, thank you so much for that video and the detailed photo report of the ride. Very well done.

Sharks rule!

dt

Agreed--that was the best Jaws ride ever (with Japanese Jaws a close second).

Edited by cfc

Wish I would have known of its closure before my trip back in november, I would have taken a few more laps. But even though I only rode it once I feel in love it. It had a different feel than any other ride I have been on and I will miss it.

So now who told about what went on out there and put an end to to captain Jake?

Honestly, I hate how they will now have Harry Potter at both parks. I wish they would just do the rest of the Lost Continent and turn the Poseidons Fury to Gringotts. I don't mind Jaws is leaving...but it's still an enjoyable ride that was a big icon of the park. Oh well...whatever Universal needs to do to bring in money is fine for me.

Sharks rule!

dt

I never really cared for the JAWS ride, but that occasion at HHN was stellar.

^In my almost 50 years of existence, that was seriously one of the greatest moments on any ride ever for me. For one brief moment, everyone bought into my insanity and joined in the chant. I so wish someone had this on video, as it was an amazing moment.

dt

QFT!!!

I will miss Jaws, it was a staple attraction. Just like Kongfrontation it was a unique ride that had a great classic feel. As cheesy as it could be, depending on your skipper, the ride had great suprises and fun special effects.

Although I must wonder if the ride would be closing if they used the musical version of the ride: Ballad of the Boatskipper. Check it out on youtube.

Here's a few pics and a video from our "last ride" on Jaws today at Universal Studios Orlando...

Today, one of these three attractions will close. Can you guess which one?

So sad ... Everyone going to Potter. No love for Jaws!

Yay! One of about Twelve people here at Universal's opening for a final ride on Jaws

Today is the last day you'll see Jaws on the park map!

Hooray! One die-hard Jaws fan has finally shown up! Ericka says "I'm riding all day!"

Jaws is OPEN! Although nobody is here. How tragic! Where is everyone???

Time for TPR's final Jaws ride!

The Jaws skippers were handing out beads to celebrate their final 4th of July!

Thanks to Jacob for being our skipper for TPRs final rides on Jaws!

Jacob pulls up for our final boat tour around Amity.

One last look at Amity. The ride still looks as good as it did the day it opened. Sad to think that after tomorrow, all this will be gone.

Oh, noooo! Looks like Gordon seriously got F'ed in the B!

Jacob is a stud when it comes to the grenade launcher!

I really hope there isn't any shark in here...

OMG!!! SHARK!!!! In a house? How silly!

Jacob tells us not to worry, there are not going to be any more plastic sharks attacking us!

SHARK!!!! Jacob, you lying bastard!!!

Explosions made any ride AWESOME!

The water is on fire!!! Jacob says we're gonna for it. He's clearly insane!!!

We're just gonna hang out by this partially burnt special effects barge. This should be safe!

SHARK!!!! OH F**K!!!! SHARK!!!!

Jacob is about to kick some serious shark ass!!! (Ps. Is it just me or does Jacob look EXACTLY like that guy from

)

DIE SHARK!!! DIE!!!!

"That's disgusting!!!"

All water effects were on Jaws today! Left side of the boat got soaked!!!

Goodbye Jaws. We will miss you. Please do us all a favor and bite Harry Potter in his magic wand!

Here's another video with another awesome skipper!

Edited by robbalvey