TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

"Project 722"

Not saying anything beyond that.

That kind of post adds nothing to this discussion at all. I could say that I know of a super Aquatrax 500 foot tall wooden coaster coming to Six Flags America in 2013 that my friend at the park told me about, but without proof, it means nothing. There is plenty of discussion as to what is rumored to come to the soon-to-be-revamped Amity/Jaws area, but nothing has been leaked or acknowledged publicly. Seeing as such, there is no need to play the "my friend told me this" game. And furthermore, there will be no reason to do the "I told you so" after the fact since we aren't acknowledging rumor as anything more than that.

We have a Rumor Super thread for rumors and ideas without proof to back them up. Even if this ends up being the exact same expansion as you've mentioned, you (along with anyone else) currently have nothing more to add to this rumor to give it or you credibility on this topic.

Now let's continue the discussion with topics of a more concrete nature... Like how Universal Orlando still sells Coca-Cola products! That's always a great start!

Based upon the construction photos I've seen of a truss system being set up for the rumored new lagoon show and screamscapes rumor that they are working with the company aquatique (as well as the photos that show their logo on equipment used for the project), it looks like they are building one of these. It's called Aqua Graphics.

and interestingly enough, this video was posted by aquatique just 5 days ago. Could this be a video of the Universal Orlando test?

Edited by Chroniq

^ wow. Seriously wow.

That's really impressive. I do realise it's just a curtain of water but with a fancy projection system however, it is fascinating.

It took me a little bit of time to work it out myself, I could see kids being taken with it, it's rather mesmerising actually.

It's actually a bit more involved than that - it's not only a projection on a water curtain; this system "draws" images with drops of water. That's why everything you see is moving downward and stretching out as it falls - because the individual droplets of water are accelerating as they fall through space.

Combined with projectors and lighting, it makes for a really nice effect!

A similar system has been seen at car shows:

Want to know whats replacing Amity/JAWS? Temporary Walls....yes....plenty and plenty of Walls...whoohoo

Night Maze!

Only if the walls can be turned in different directions to "create a different experience every time".

Want to know whats replacing Amity/JAWS? Temporary Walls....yes....plenty and plenty of Walls...whoohoo

I know a lot of people are still in the dark.

Nothing all that big happens for 2012, unless you believe the Mayan calendar..... anyways.

Edited by O-Town77

^So what's your guess? TPR isn't about cryptic messages that can be taking numerous ways. There are plenty of other sites on the internet for that.

Edit- To the above poster: It's poor form to change the content of your original message after someone comments on it. Just saying. I'll remember to quote you next time so my comments don't get misconstrued.

Edited by Chroniq

^So what's your guess? TPR isn't about cryptic messages that can be taking numerous ways. There are plenty of other sites on the internet for that.

My guess is that London replaces Amityville.

It will be far less cramped (than the IOA version) with lots of shopping and large restaurants.

I think we get a larger version of the Mummy ride themed around Harry Potter.

I think they will incorporate some Transformer/Spiderman special FX into the roller coaster.

There will be a London Style steam train, powered by electric propulsion which starts off by smashing through a wall like the movies do.

That train will park hop with IOA via a tunnel (like Disaster!) to Wizarding World.

I also think you will see special effects used on the exteriors of London.

Edited by O-Town77

Has anyone mentioned the potential use of the Kong 360 technology for the Hogwarts Express park hopper train? I've not been on the new Kong at USH and have no idea how that part of the tram tour works logistically but the concept seems perfect for the experience they're (rumored to be) trying to create in Orlando. Creating a highly themed immersive 3-D environment around an existing transportation vehicle? Sounds like a realistic idea for creating the journey from London to Hogwats to me.

Has anyone mentioned the potential use of the Kong 360 technology for the Hogwarts Express park hopper train? I've not been on the new Kong at USH and have no idea how that part of the tram tour works logistically but the concept seems perfect for the experience they're (rumored to be) trying to create in Orlando. Creating a highly themed immersive 3-D environment around an existing transportation vehicle? Sounds like a realistic idea for creating the journey from London to Hogwats to me.

The issue with the Kong tech is that is huge. And I really mean huge!! For then to build that show building back stage it would take a lot of space and for what, a train to go though? It wouldn't move like the Hollywood one cause its a train on a track, your'e not being attacked by a giant animal. If the train is built, and goes backstage, they will have to cover the windows or make a tunnel. Covering the windows with a small projection screen or TV to simulate the forest seem easier, cheaper, and just as effective as the large scale screens Kong uses.

I have no inside info on how the train will work if its built, but it seems less likely to build the giant screens instead of small window sized ones.

No on said it has to be a train, it just has to feel like a train. I could see some type of monorail type vehicle with a combination of video windows and large projection screens in a "soundstage" with a faux steam engine on both ends. If they go through with this idea I would think the hogwarts express engine that currently exists would disappear and that would become the new "station" for the park hopper train. I'm not entirely sure of the parks layout but I would think that if Potter eventually takes over the rest of Lost Continent then where the sinbad theatre is would be plenty of room for the Kong technology "sound stage" before you eventually unload at the train station where the hogwarts express currently sits. Would be pretty cool to see Hogwarts in the distance through whatever enviroment they could create with the kong technology, then unload and exit to see Hogwarts in the distance in real life.

Yeah, looking at the park on Google Earth, Sinbad would be the most logical location for the train station. Would be a direct shot from there to the Jaws area. And really they could do that and still keep Poseidon and Mythos unchanged, at least for now...