TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

I for one will not miss it. It's cool to ride it once or twice, but after that I'm like, whats the point. Of course in general I am that way towards Universal Orlando anyway. To me, the only good rides are Mummy and MIB, HRRR doesn't have a good pace with too many block sections that keep it from being an amazing ride.

Plus for the price point nowadays vs what you get, I'm going to pass. I'm not a Disney fan by anymeans, but for something like $5 over the cost of a Universal two park you get four parks at Disney, and Disney has better food....and Star Tours. Factor in the parking fee differences and its a wash. (One Day Pass pricing)

Chad "I don't really care that Jaws leaves and want them to put something in that is amazing not named Harry without over inflating the price for a chance that they might persuade me to come back one me time" Carter

Edited by chadster

^^ There is a whole hell of a lot of back lot in the way if you were to connect it. I wonder if they're going to utilize the same ride system as Forbidden Journey has and make it Transformers, I think that'd be a nice twist compared to the spidey version.

Whatever they're building I'm assuming it's going to be indoors.

My guess is that they'll use most of the space for an expansion of Harry Potter stuff in IOA. Aren't those spaces relatively adjacent?

Not at all, the rumor is that they'll run whatever the hell the special magical train is called between the two lands.

My guess is that they'll use most of the space for an expansion of Harry Potter stuff in IOA. Aren't those spaces relatively adjacent?

Not at all, the rumor is that they'll run whatever the hell the special magical train is called between the two lands.

The High in The Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride?

I'm just glad they're doing something with the Potter money they made, and showing some love back to the parks.

Transformers thrilled me as a kid, but bores me as an adult. And given the possibilities of huge movie franchises out there to pull from, I'm setting my expectations REALLY low on this one. In fact, I'm starting to think it'll be a pretty long time before I'm inspired to visit either of these parks again.

I didn't get a response as to whether Universal owns the land adjacent to the Royal Pacific Resort, but I'll go ahead and assume they obviously do. Which, in that case, personally, I'd be much more interested in the company jumping into the water park fray. Realistic? No. But when you think about it, it is rather odd that they're the only ones not doing what all the other cool kids are.

Transformers thrilled me as a kid, but bores me as an adult. And given the possibilities of huge movie franchises out there to pull from, I'm setting my expectations REALLY low on this one. In fact, I'm starting to think it'll be a pretty long time before I'm inspired to visit either of these parks again.

I didn't get a response as to whether Universal owns the land adjacent to the Royal Pacific Resort, but I'll go ahead and assume they obviously do. Which, in that case, personally, I'd be much more interested in the company jumping into the water park fray. Realistic? No. But when you think about it, it is rather odd that they're the only ones not doing what all the other cool kids are.

Aren't they already a part of Wet N' Wild?

^ Ah yes, forgot about that. I stand corrected.

EDIT: Still, I'd rather see 'em do something unique on their property, similar to what they're trying with that new miniature golf course they're opening. Not every water park needs tropical theming. I'd love to see Universal have fun, and put a new spin on the water park experience.

^ Ah yes, forgot about that. I stand corrected.

EDIT: Still, I'd rather see 'em do something unique on their property, similar to what they're trying with that new miniature golf course they're opening. Not every water park needs tropical theming. I'd love to see Universal have fun, and put a new spin on the water park experience.

Do a hi-tech water park consisting of Disco H20 and Brain Wash type rides, with a laser/LED lazy river and different color glowing wave-pool.

The worlds first rave water park.

First, THIS SUCKS! I love this ride.

Second, I agree with other comments regarding the Lost Continent. The un-Potterized areas there feel very weak these days and I would have to guess that the long-range Potter plans were ALWAYS to eventually remove that only area of the park that wasn't based on existing IP. C'est la vie...

So I think they've got other schemes in mind for the Studios park. Maybe a gitanic Transformers land/attraction? That feels right.

Bruce, godspeed, buddy.

Maybe with the money they're saving from no Jaws gas bills, they can fix the flying cow in Twister? Apparently I missed that technological marvel since it doesn't work in every show.

If it's an awesome replacement like Mummy was for King Kong, I'm all for this. I still love the cheese factor in Jaws and people seem to really love it.

Very upset at this announcement, I make sure every time I go I visit the attraction as it's just... Universal Studios to me.

I'll also miss the varying quality of the skippers, I somewhat think the rides best when they really really under-do the fear aspect, it's great

Regarding what is coming in place of it... I really hope it's not a transformers copy, we already have Spiderman, surely that's good enough... plus we have enough indoor rides already at UO, right?

It kind of feels like they are taking away some of the soul of the park, it's like getting rid of Pirates of the Carribbean at MK, it's just not right

While JAWS is always a good time, I am 50/50 on it going away. We lost Kong and got Mummy... that's not so bad in my opinion.

I do say that when Universal Orlando closes JAWS on Jan 2, it will ROCK if on the final voyage, they let JAWS win one for all the sharks who have been blasted by that grenade launcher over the years! And have someone getting video of it.

I don't think they''ll put Potter in UO. I think it will be an indoor thrill ride. What kind? Who knows. Who will build it and what kind of nuts and bolts will they use? Only time will tell! At least the Uni side is getting some love after Rockit has left us all a bit sore in more ways than one!

Being a parent of a younger kid, I'd love to see some love put in to a new kids area with more for little ones to do. I know many of you will blast this idea, but you probably don't have a 3 year old who loves the parks and cries because she's too short to ride the green (Hulk) roller coaster!

"I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him and kill him for ten"

Wow, this truly is sad news. Cheesy, yes...but I'm really going to miss that ride!! Twister is 10 times cheesier! This will definitely change HHN next year.

Reality is, I was sad when King Kong went,and I stilll miss it, but I do love Mummy. I'm not big on Transformers and IOA already has Hairry Plopper. I think another HP attraction would be overkill. Hoping for an all new concept.

I'll miss the fish and I won't get to ride it again. Farewell old friend.

I've only ridden Jaws once, but it's iconic. Like someone else said, I always thought of Jaws and Back to the Future as synonymous with Universal.

By the way, the one and only time I've been to Universal was in 1998, when Twister was brand new. But we didn't get to ride it because the opening was delayed due to the tornadoes that had swept through Florida a few weeks before opening date. We missed it by a week or so.

I've only ridden Jaws once, but it's iconic. Like someone else said, I always thought of Jaws and Back to the Future as synonymous with Universal.

By the way, the one and only time I've been to Universal was in 1998, when Twister was brand new. But we didn't get to ride it because the opening was delayed due to the tornadoes that had swept through Florida a few weeks before opening date. We missed it by a week or so.

Hm...Twisters going through the state when an attraction themed to twisters premieres. Coincidence, anyone?

I'm sad that Jaws is leaving, as it was one of the rides that made Universal Studios what it is. It is iconic and loved by many. On the other hand, The USF side could use a fancy new attraction to get people to leave Potter World and enjoy everything else Universal has to offer. I can't wait to see what they decide to do with this plot of land. Hopefully it's more movie-themed than HRRR.

I highly doubt this, although I highly doubt it will be ANYTHING Potter just based on distance. As stated above by another poster, I believe also that the rest of LC will become Potter and we will see something brand new for Amity.

Just look at the distance between the two lands.. It's approx half a mile between them and to say they will run the Magical Train Express thingy between them would be pretty difficult considering the limited access roads they already have.

JAWS.jpg.05c82b5464cec19d49b6a916da6c0e7c.jpg

I highly doubt this, although I highly doubt it will be ANYTHING Potter just based on distance. As stated above by another poster, I believe also that the rest of LC will become Potter and we will see something brand new for Amity.

Just look at the distance between the two lands.. It's approx half a mile between them and to say they will run the Magical Train Express thingy between them would be pretty difficult considering the limited access roads they already have.

^If they really wanted to have a train between the two lands they could find a way to make it work. While I'm not a huge Potter fan, the concept of having a form of transportation between two themed sections is pretty cool and I'd love to see how they execute it.

I thought the idea of having some type of transportation to and from Pandora for the Avatar section at Animal Kingdom would have been really cool. Have the land be somewhat isolated from the park with a themed "space travel" train of some sorts in between the two, same concept here. It would also be interesting logistically to see how they would operate two sections in separate parks, would both sections be accessible from each park on the same ticket? Would you be able to ride to the studios section but not be allowed into the studios park and vice versa? I don't know but it would be interesting to how they executed the whole thing.

Yeah, I don't see that being an expansion for HP.

I think it's safe to say we could possibly see Transformers here.

Total Blue Sky Idea:

Another possibility that I don't know if anybody has brought up, that space at USO is pretty big. Is it at all possible they re-do Spiderman with the updated Transformers technology, make that entire area the new "Superhero" area and turn ALL of IOA into HP?

That seems like a LOT of work, but if a small HP land does THAT much, imagine what the entire park could do for it.

Granted, that would also mean changes to the existing HP area I would think as they'd want a bigger Hogwarts castle I'm sure.

But using the existing rides, they could re-theme Hulk, Cat in the Hat (HP Dark Ride), etc.

^If they really wanted to have a train between the two lands they could find a way to make it work. While I'm not a huge Potter fan, the concept of having a form of transportation between two themed sections is pretty cool and I'd love to see how they execute it.

Like Rafiki's Planet Watch in AK? That worked so well, it isn't even that popular and has capacity issues. Now just Potterize it and they will have to have a full circuit system to keep up with capacity!