TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 623 - New Epic Universe details, including Celestial Park!

^ I'm pretty sure Rockit will feature special Halloween music since they mentioned that before and are doing it for Rock the Universe.

My main gripe is that I feel that I've been through all these houses before. I sure hope at least a couple houses feature new technology and scare tactics and I'll forgive them for the themes. Or if they just bring back the crap smell, I'll be happy.

Winter's Night (Dead Silence + Legendary Truth)

The Thing (The Thing Assimilation)

Nightingales (Any creature house + War of the Living Dead)

Holiday of Horrors (Home for the Holidays + Leave it to Cleaver)

Saws 'N Steam (Saws N' Steam scarezone)

The In-Between (Disorientorium, Jack's Funhouse)

Nevermore (All of the houses where you change themes with each scene: Silver Screams, Horror Nights)

The Forsaken (Okay, this one sounds cool and original)

And Lady Luck is the same thing as Fear. No back story. Just looks somewhat cool and makes loud noises. I don't even understand what the hell is going on in that opening video. Why are there so many ropes on the floor? How did she get him up on that wheel? Why does she have a pet bird? Why does she turn into a creature randomly? At least Fear looked menacing.

Really not trying to be negative as I love this event to death and will always go. Just pointing out a few of my disappointments. Most seem really happy with everything so far, so I'm in the minority. And ultimately I don't matter.

Your descriptions of the houses are pretty much spot on. There can be some potential with Nevermore and Forsaken.

Anyone know if they are offering the ticket option this year that allows you a few hours access to Universal Studios park then allows you to stay in the holding area while they change over for the event? I can't remember what it was called but didn't see it listed on the HHN website?

There are new games in the Backroom on HHN.com. They are multiplayer games for Holidays of Horror, The Forsaken & Nightingales (that's the gold, orange & purple cards.) These games seem to show up every night around 6 pm, while the original single player games can be played during the day.

After beating both the single player and multiplayer games for a specific haunted house, you can click on the corresponding flashing spot on the house of cards to see an interactive page for that house, just like the ones seen on previous HHN websites, which fleshes out the details of the house's backstory. You must have won BOTH games for a house's interactive page to appear. This seems to be the only way of accessing these pages.

Edited by JT3000

Anyone know if they are offering the ticket option this year that allows you a few hours access to Universal Studios park then allows you to stay in the holding area while they change over for the event? I can't remember what it was called but didn't see it listed on the HHN website?

I think your referring to the stay and scream ticket option

Yes, they are still available.

www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/general_tickets.html

Scroll down to Stay & Scream. The price differs depending on which day you are going.

Yes, they are still available.

www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/general_tickets.html

Scroll down to Stay & Scream. The price differs depending on which day you are going.

No, that's not it. last year I bought a ticket for like an extra $15 onto the price of the HHN Event ticket that allowed you to enter the Studios park at around 3 or 4 to ride everything that was open until the park closed at 5pm, then after the studios closed we were put into the holding area until they could flush the park and change everything over for the HHN event to start. It was a great value, we got to ride Rockit, Mummy, MIB, Jaws, and Simpsons a couple time before the Studios park closed, then got to hit Legendary Truth and the other sound stage houses between 5:50 and 6:30 before the gates for the event opened at 6:30. It was a great ticket add on, and I'm a little disappointed that it's not offered this year.

Yeah, it was a great ticket option and as far as I can remember it was offered on the Universal website last year, it might have been a Florida resident only option but I would have easily paid for it again this year. If anyone from Universal Orlando's ticket pricing department reads the TPR forums please bring back the early entry ticket option that I cant remember the name of and no one else thinks ever existed haha.

Street construction is well underway. The school bus and all has been placed in the new york area. I'm sure by the time I get home tuesday someone would have posted pictures...

I'll be checking things out on Sunday and post some pictures too. The NY Street area looks pretty awesome. Can't wait to see it in action.

Anyone want to give me some tips on the loose cannon game? Only one I have yet to figure out.

I think you just move the sword from side to side to keep the cannon from crashing into the wall and exploding.

You have to cut four lines to release the sail, too.

Here are some photos of SZ construction from Sunday the 11th.

100_2854.JPG.a6cc629b877b2684d785f0ae25d19db2.JPG

Nightmaze

100_2855.JPG.81278b10138d6a286ca8a06cf6fc9b7d.JPG

Acid Assault

100_2856.JPG.9a065701216a335634f388165af31f09.JPG

Acid Assault

100_2857.JPG.7cc261503e19b8fa9bab832c582c646f.JPG

Acid Assault-I like the Singing in the Rain reference

100_2858.JPG.4706b7450da199449123876a01beb047.JPG

Acid Assault

100_2859.JPG.fe5d5ca768c8705f33164d6ba63e2a8a.JPG

Acid Assault- There were three or four of these on the ground in different areas of the SZ

100_2860.JPG.528f9f454ccdefd7cef523d82cdff3f1.JPG

Acid Assault

100_2861.JPG.7c75a5a480cfb77870de0f2afe70378b.JPG

Acid Assault

100_2862.JPG.5fdb0c1f11d58dd3e6dea20629dc046e.JPG

Acid Assault-Stroller MASSACRE!!!

100_2863.JPG.efa13fcbd3ff364284f2a278cc98f7eb.JPG

Acid Assault

100_2864.JPG.dd062a06a550b33873320ebfc7056b37.JPG

Acid Assault

100_2865.JPG.e47ad8b7d4dbe6821436450a2035487f.JPG

Acid Assault

More to come!

The Grown Evil scare zone looks great but I'm going to miss all of the pumpkins that used to be there, that was awesome.

The pumkins were there for 3 years, I think that is quite long enough!

Besides, they are still in the park just not in Central Park anymore, they are now down in Kid Zone.

Extremely excited for this years HHN one, because I haven't been to a park since last years HHN, also at least at this point in time it seems like it's going to be another great event. Looking forward to a few of the house's: Poe, The Thing, The Forsaken, and the holiday themed house. The pictures of the scarezone construction don't look too bad either. I'm looking forward to the Thing being in a soundstage and if they develop it anything like the Wolfman or Dracula of 2009 it should be great; I also think that the The Thing and Winters Night should be in the same soundstage since they're going to be cold and a similar theme.

Anyone think since they're actually going to run HRRR this year and since Rocky Horror's gone they'll put some music from it on the ride, in addition to Halloween/spooky music? Just a speculation.

Going October 1st, a Saturday, not my choice. Hope its not too crowded, going to buy an express pass, going to be expensive but I've bought one the last 3 years and it's really been a help; especially on Saturdays. Anyways, a PTR and review of most or all of the mazes, scarezones, etc. should follow.