TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

Don't know if this is the correct place to put this, but the picture in the article involves the WWoHP section of the site

http://www.wesh.com/news/28298065/detail.html?utm_source=manual&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=wesh+2+news

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A hacker claiming to be a supporter of the group Food not Bombs brought down the Orlando Regional Chamber of Commerce website and may have made a "Boycott Orlando" posting on Universal Orlando Resort's website Monday.

Food not Bombs is an Orlando group that serves meals to the homeless.

A city ordinance limits such feedings to two events per year.

So far, at least a dozen people have been arrested and accused of violating the ordinance.

Click Like For Central Florida News Updates:

According to chamber spokesperson Scott Fagin, workers received emails from a sender named "Anonymous." The emails called for a boycott of the city of Orlando.

The chamber's website, Orlando.org, was still not accessible Monday afternoon.

The endeavor, dubbed Operation Orlando, asks supporters to send emails to city and county offices.

"We will assault the Orlando Chamber of Commerce web site, removing it from the interwebz completely," the Operation Orlando email reads.

The website includes an image of Mickey Mouse covered with a mask from the movie "V for Vendetta."

Also Monday, a posting mysteriously showed up on a page of Universal Orlando Resort's media site.

The posting said: "BOYCOTT ORLANDO – FnB #OpOrlando"

The posting was pointed out by theme park fan site Inside the Magic on Twitter. The posting has since been removed and now shows a blank page.

WESH 2 News has contacted Universal Orlando for comment.

A Food not Bombs spokesman said the group is not behind the attacks.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/28298065/detail.html#ixzz1PrSYr8sU

^I think you will have a great time! HRRR, while not the best coaster, is a very fun ride.

Oh, and Tbad556 reported this at OU:

@Outkastz tweeted this bit of info to us earlier tonight:

Not sure what's going on with the queue but it is getting new trains according to a permit.

I visited USF and got my rides on Rockit.

It's now my number one coaster.

Why?

9 moments of airtime, a host of new and innovative manuevers, and very smooth ride and a killer sound system.

People keep saying that the brakeruns ruin the ride, but I have to disagree. Every time you go up onto one of those brakeruns you get a really good pop of airtime. The ride, in my opinion, would be less enjoyable without the little breathers. This was done for the sake of capacity, but dopesn't effect the ride negatively.

I keep hearing that Rockit was rough? Sure, it could be a little rattley in some parts, but I thought overall, the ride was incredibly smooth, despite all the crazy manuevers it does. One of the times I believe I got the upgraded train, because I had no rattling whatsoever. Honestly, i love the way the X-cars look, and would really hate to see them get replaced.

The manuevers the ride does are incredible. The non-inverting loop is the most iconic element of the ride, and delivers an amazing ejector air at the top. The "treble cleft" was forceful and smooth, and the curve at the top had a really tight angle that gave you an interesting look at the ground. The "crowd surfer" was fun, and I enjoyed waving to the crowds while zooming by. The "double take?" section was awesome, had great airtime, and had a really forceful and tight inclined loop. The "triple threat" was what shocked me the most. Three really great pops of airitme within seconds of each other.

The restraints were very comfortable, and the sound system was the best I've heard on any roller coaster. Also, all the songs go great with the ride, no matter which on you choose. My favorites are Kickstart My Heart, and Paralyzer (hooray for uncensored lyrics). Sadly, I could never get the bonus tracks to work...

Overall, Rockit is my #1 because of its overall experience. everything about the ride is nearly perfect to me and I hope USH gets their own music themed coaster. (yeah yeah I know "Dream On")

The Rush of Fear pass for 10 nights admission over the first 3 weeks is a great ticket option, that I'm definitely going to purchase. I wonder how much the Rush of Fear with Express will be. I wish i knew what date TPR might possible be maybe planning an event at BGT in October so I could plan out my Horror Night/HalloScreams Combo weekend (maybe with Food and Wine and legoland mixed in).

^^Chance was another one of those favorite 2nd tier characters that I've loved from Horror Nights' past (along with the Body Collectors and basically all of the Asylum in Wonderland characters), but I doubt that she'd be used as the icon for the event. As much as I'd love to see her at the top, I'm thinking we'll see a new icon(s) this year, or possibly even a year without a central icon, relying on a theme alone instead.

There is also rumors of a 9th house this year with two houses being located in the Parade Building.

Not sure if I will get to go this year, as we would have to go the day we arrive in Orlando.

Regardless, I am still excited to see this thread started and look forward to the weeks of speculating before the big reveal!

Edited by ernierocker

I would love to see another house this year! I think the event has grown enough to expand on the idea of a 9th house. I just wish they would build more domes for the house vs the ques of jaws and diaster!. I just think the light really ruins those house. I mean even though the tent house fall victim to it I think with the right planning they could build more tents that would not have light as a major factor!

I think im gonna wait to get tickets later on to see what other options they come up with since that survey had lots of options like peak nights only passes and things like that...

Speaking of HHN at USF...

When I was there two weeks ago, there were two mazes already set up; One in Jaw's queue, and the other in Disaster's queue.

Anyone know why the would be setting up this early?

I believe this is normal. I would imagine it would take at least two months to get each house finished and then you have to get the inspection signed off. So, there is probably some time built in to make sure it will ready in time for rehearsals.

^House construction usually starts around this time of the year. It takes a while to build those houses. I wouldn't be surprised to hear houses are under construction in the sound stages. Halloween is Universal's biggest events. It is said that Disney owns Christmas, but Universal owns Halloween. Universal will take a lot of time and effort to make the event great.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-universal-orlando-sale-closes-20110701,0,3585078.story

NBCUniversal on Friday closed on its deal to buy the half of Universal Orlando that it didn't already own.

The media conglomerate, which is now controlled by cable giant Comcast Corp., will pay $1.025 billion to buy private-equity firm Blackstone Group out of the Orlando resort.

Blackstone had co-owned Universal Orlando since 2001. But it opted to cash out this spring amid a surge in earnings at the resort following last June's opening of theWizarding World of Harry Potter.

NBCUniversal said it financed the purchase through a combination of cash on hand, borrowings under an existing credit facility and a one-year, $250 million loan from another Comcast affiliate. The company also announced that it would immediately pay down a portion of Universal Orlando's debt load.

I think this could be an interesting theme. It's fairly unique, as I haven't seen anyone use it before. I guess they decided to gamble a little and try their Luck with something new, instead of covering previous ground yet again. I can't wait to see what fate has in store for us as more details emerge.

Do you think the two cards in the intro might mean anything?

Edited by JT3000

I would love to visit a Universal park at Halloween! I have only been during the Summer months to Florida and Hollywood and wish I could make it at another time because this looks amazing! Having visited the "House of Horrors" I guess he "Horror Nights" are just like an even better version with many shows. It all looks amazing from past years.