TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Final Destination 3

I saw it too, last night...

Wow... those deaths were... ahh! LoL.. disgusting.

Anyway, the coaster part was pretty cool... and the ending was great

I thought it was much better than the 2nd one, but not as good as the first, glad they got James Wong back though.

SPOILERS!

The first deaths with the two girls in the tanning booth... when the glass in the booths started shattering from the heat, and when they eventually fell though the glass onto the UV lights... I couldn't watch, that was SICK!

Also, when the one goth chick got shot in the head with the nail gun... OMFG! How can ANYONE think of these ways to die!?

End Spoiler...

If you go see the movie... go see it for the ending, the ending was great and I personally think it leaves no room for a 4th Final Destination...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally have to agree with you KrakenKing...

SPOILERS

The 2 girls in the tanning bed part was a shock to me especially with how long the scene went on with them burning to death, it basically showed all the stages they went through. From sweating to burning to roasting to bubbling to flaming. I felt really bad for them especially since they were both naked.

When Erin got those nail's in her head, she was still alive and her face was twitching! It was so nasty because you could hear her moan and blood was pouring everywhere.

The part that really got me by surprise was the weight lifting scene when he says "F**k death!" and the swords come down and cut the wires to his machine...but nothing happens and he laughs and he works out again only for the 2 huge weights to come smashing into his head and his head explodes everywhere! Oh man...

I just came back from watching it just 20 minutes ago. I thought it was the best of the 3 films. I remembered just a few weeks ago somebody on this site told me the coaster was ar Playland and it was the Corkscrew. I don't think it was because this one had a much larger drop and more inversions. Anybody have any idea which one it was?

The Final Destination movies have always been a huge guilty pleasure for me. Scanning a few of these posts, it looks like FD2 is generally disliked. I honestly loved it! I liked the whole traffic accident scene and how that scenario brought together a group of strangers who had to deal with the whole death thing.

So, I saw FD3 yesterday (after having ridden Kraken earlier in the day), and while it was my least favorite in the series, I enjoyed it overall. The coaster stuff was so unrealistic, but I don't go into a Final Destination film expecting realism. I also wish it had a little stronger connection to the first 2 films (for isntance FD2 has a girl and that creepy guy from FD1 in it). I did enjoy some of the deaths though and the movie interested me all the way through and I liked the aspect with the photographs and the whole dilemma about if you knew how you would die, would you want to know?

I disagree with a previous poster though who said that the ending made it seem like there was no room for a FD4. Well, we could start with a whole new group of people which the FD films seem to do.

Yep yep yep!!

I FINALLY saw this movie today! Ech!! So much blood and gore!!! I hate blood!! It sometimes makes me quesy...

lol anyway the part with the girls and the tanning booth and the boobs and the sunscreen...yea I couldn't watch that...to tortureous.

And the part with Erin gettin' stapled...so evil, poor girl...

And the part with what's-his-face and the weights...soo cool how he laughs in death's face then BAM!! The Grim Reaper says, "You was SUPPOSED to die!!"

And the part with Ian (spoiler) gettin' crushed in half by the sign!! Ech, that was just gore and guts...eww.

And, the ending...with the train and the EXTRA premonition, and the death and the Kevin being on the train and him gettin' ('nother spoiler) thrown out the window and smashed and splatered all over the window!! And Wendy's sister gettin' all ripped and thrown out of the train...and then all the dead bodies and the emptiness and nothingness and scariness and the train...I definatley think there'll be an FD4...

And last but first(lol) the friggin' coaster crash!! Pretty good use of CGI FXs...I liked when the OTSR's came up and Wendy all pulled hers down and was like, "AGH!!" And then...ooh!! How it just went over the hill and the chain stops...that lets you know there's no turning back...and the flying trains!! Creepy!! Yea...it was super-cool...I loved it but a bit to creepy for a boy my age if you know what I mean(the entire movie)...lol but waitin' for the crash...had me shakin' lol...anyway the movie was maybe a 3 or 4 out of 5...and IMHO, I hope there's a fourth one...I liked it!!

AND...a 9 out of 10 for the blood/guts/gore/edge-of-your-seat factor...yep yep yep...

P.S. I saw the FD back-to-back marathon for FD3...but I missed the first hour of FD1...saw all of FD2...it was cool. Yep yep yep...

P.S.S What was up with the sunscreen??? That was confusing yep yep yep...:S

Im sorry for those of you who liked the movie a lot but compared to the other two it sucked. It was like the matrix series it was good for #1 then got worse. I liked the begining but once the hardware store part was over it sucked. I hated the end too. The worst part is that they ruind a story line that was ruined from the start. I liked the first 2 a lot but this one sucked for ending and deaths a bit.

Spoiler highlight to read eisier

My question is if the hydrolics was cut by the camara that fell how come the coaster still crashed even when the guy with the camra wasnt on to drop it?

Im sorry for those of you who liked the movie a lot but compared to the other two it sucked. It was like the matrix series it was good for #1 then got worse. I liked the begining but once the hardware store part was over it sucked. I hated the end too. The worst part is that they ruind a story line that was ruined from the start. I liked the first 2 a lot but this one sucked for ending and deaths a bit.

Spoiler highlight to read eisier

My question is if the hydrolics was cut by the camara that fell how come the coaster still crashed even when the guy with the camra wasnt on to drop it?

He was still on the train, the guy that got off with the girl wasn't the same one that dropped the camera.

Once the guy in the camera got off, I think the accident was mainly caused due to the track being messed up (which is what originally did in our 2 main protagonists in the dreams cenario). This part of the mvoie was confusing and not filmed as well as it could have, so I may be wrong.

Just got back from seeing the movie. Since I can't think of any other phrase than "this was utterly ridiculous" (I mean, we've already discussed the impossible logistics of the coaster accident and everything), here is a review my husband posted on another board.

(( We just got back from seeing the latest entry in the Final Destination franchise, the third of three films that vaguely recall the excellent Omen films from the seventies. Final Destination and it's two sequels basically rehash the gore and horror elements of those movies, albeit drained of any semblance of intelligence or suspense, yet with the same grisly Rube Goldberg-style deaths intact. Fortunately the filmmakers had the good sense to instill with their films a firm tongue-in-cheek attitude, otherwise they would be virtually impossible to watch. The latest installment, in fact, borderlines on being purely comedic. Offering more of the same substandard acting, silly dialogue, mindless plotting and clichéd characterizations, the fun lies in attempting to determine how each victim will eventually succumb to a series of convoluted, overly complex horror violence.

As with the first two films, we are all too aware that Mr. Death is loitering somewhere nearby when our protagonist goes into her eye-rolling routine and the wind blows out candles or rattles dishes or rustles the leaves in trees. As omnipresent sparking electrical wires and puddles of water threaten to interface, or runaway trucks careen down steep hillsides as latches and locks inexplicably freeze, or a variety of heavy and/or sharp objects begin to teeter or dangle precariously over the principles’ heads, brains and intestines are sure to be splattered left and right at any moment. It's all very silly, but, as horror entertainment goes these days, it basically delivers what it promises: A series of sudden and ultra violent deaths centered around a wafer thin plot about some incoherent mumbo-jumbo pertaining to 'death's plan' and how it's impossible to 'cheat death.' Ironically enough, the opening roller coaster sequence, as depicted in the movie advertisement, is flat, boring and relatively gore-free. The film actually improves somewhat as it progresses, at least on a purely creative level, save for a no-brainer about two airheads getting toasted in a tanning salon while listening to Rollercoaster of Love on headphones.

I've seen all three entries, and this is about on par with the first film, and a little better than the second, which, believe me, is no glowing recommendation. But then again I'm not a big fan of modern horror films, so I really couldn't tell you a good movie from a bad one these days. When I was a kid, I never missed a Vincent Price film, and to this day still enjoy the Dr. Phibes movies, but from what I have seen of films in this genre in recent years, there's really not much to get excited about. The Sixth Sense was the best of the bunch, but recent releases such as The Ring, Red Eye or even the Scream franchise, were so utterly banal, predictable and clichéd, I'm surprised I made it through without falling asleep. And as for Saw, I still can't believe it was ever green-lighted in the first place. In my opinion, Saw featured the worst acting from a veteran cast I have ever seen. At least the FD franchise stars a cast of unknowns, so the bad acting is to be expected. And it's pretty darn awful.

I can’t remember the last time I saw a horror movie that got under my skin. I saw the original The Hills Have Eyes alone at a midnight showing in an ancient downtown Chicago theater that was full of people scarier than any I have ever seen in any horror movie, but I do remember being thoroughly creeped-out by the film. Maybe the remake, due out this spring, will offer some jolts that have been lacking in horror films of late.

I actually enjoyed Final Destination 3 more than I thought, but then again how can you not enjoy a film that plays the song Love Train after liquefying all the passengers on a subway train? So go for the guts, go for the laughs, or go for the gore, but don't go for the scares, because there aren't any. ))

-amanda

Great film and special effects.

What coaster is it based on and which park does it come from.

There should be a coaster named after the one in the film, cool statue and loading station theme.

The coaster (If you had read through the whole thread) is Corkscrew at Playland in Canada. Also, before you go saying "No it isn't, because omgz it has loops! And it must be Viper at SFMM because it has to be!" About 80% of the coaster scene was done by CGI on the computer... all graphics, Yay graphics!

The statue and loading theme aren't really for the real ride. It was all just a set... a very elaborate set if I may say.

I was watching a "Making of Final Destination 3" thing on IGN...

The guy that played Ian said that they had to ride that coaster around 60 times in the course of three nights...

60 Times on a Vekoma... OUCH!

I'm suprised there wasn't a real death because of that.

At least they are smart, because most of the actors are in the first row of each car.

I found this movie much more graphic than the previous ones and was more sick than scary. Very interesting about the guy with the video camera. It was basically shown that the camera caused the crash, but the guy got off. I never put two and two together.